• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines -Lets play it again with mods!

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines.jpg

Video comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAr2J95Ln00

So I'm in the middle of a second play through of VTMB with the last time I played it being 6+years ago.
I do lots of modding with games like Skyrim and GTA4 so I spent some time looking for mods to make this game look better so I thought it might help some people if I just dump everything I found in this thread.

Unofficial Patch 9.5 - 20.03.2016
Since getting released in 2004 this game is STILL getting patched which keeps improving the game by fixing bugs and restoring new content
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/73349
It also comes with a custom resolution patcher for widescreen support.
The latest unofficial patch (plus option) also restores removed first person animations for spells as seen in the original trailer!
i9YtsGvzJcUVr.jpg

SweetFX preset for VTMB:
This preset makes the game look really nice. A bit more darker and moody.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4426333&postcount=2788
8FfeX.jpg

This is another nice preset.
Made using reshade so it has DOF and SSAO etc...
http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5527/

Better World Textures:
This guy has done a lot of good world textures for the game.
Stuff like the roads, walls, bricks, wood, tile, glass, objects. concrete, carpet etc...
You can choose the ones you want or swap them out etc....
Just extract it into the vampire folder.
http://moddb.com/members/gothicseraphim/addons

Before and After:

mivl.jpg

bic7.jpg

nlgy.jpg

2z1k.jpg

Another texture pack for various little things:
I think that one has the shotgun and pistol textures used in my screenshots.
http://moddb.com/mods/silent-masqu-mod

Better lock picking up close hand textures:
previewpic2.png

http://moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/less-hideous-male-pc-hands

Better looking eyes:
Eyes.jpg

http://moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/eye-replacer

Here you can get skins for the player and NPC characters:
http://moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons

You can also get Anti-Aliasing to work with Nvidia Inspector to get rid of those jaggy lines
(I had to add the vampire.exe to that profile for some reason it wasn't already added)
Or use downsampling. Or both.
ib62WyssrWs6s.jpg

Changing the FOV of the first person gun model:
You need to enable to console first by adding -console on the game shortcut.
The default is viewmodel_fov 54 which looks way to close
I like to have it at viewmodel_fov 75

Before and After:
yy8w.jpg

wdvg.jpg

fmyr.jpg

fpxh.jpg

Remove the HUD:
Use the console command draw_hud 0

There is an ENB mod for this but its old, unfinished and looks bad so don't bother with it.
Also there are gameplay mods for extra clans and quests but they are pretty old and I'm not sure if they work with the latest unoffical patch so skip them too.

So yeah thats just some stuff.
Here are some screenshots I took:

qt9j.jpg

rf47.jpg

v2rl.jpg

s1d4.jpg

17aw.jpg

xobh.jpg

mx7z.jpg

0c9w.jpg

g5wm.jpg

rj7j.jpg

PlanetVampire
This is a good and still active site and forums if you need help with the game, technical issues or modding
http://www.planetvampire.com/
http://www.planetvampire.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

Now commence the reinstall!
3v61.jpg

Salsa

mmmhh

I still never finished a Nosferatu playthrough, but so many stuff coming out this month uggh

such a fantastic game

mmmhh

I still never finished a Nosferatu playthrough, but so many stuff coming out this month uggh
such a fantastic game

My first play through was as a Nos, it was awesome even though it's not the traditional first choice. I haven't played this for about 2 years now, think i'll bookmark the mods and plan for a November run. Yeah, it'll be good to go back.

To my eyes the game has held up fantastically and the mods just add that little bit of polish. Excellent to think it's still getting patches today. Good work, lads.

Dale Cooper

Neo Member
I've been meaning to start another playthrough for a few months now and this thread isn't helping. Time for a new Tremere run!

Carcetti

I approve of this message. I want to do a full Malk playthrough at last, but I need to find a good redone female Malk skin first. Did any mod fix the skirt physics so the skirts don't get stuck into your virtual asscrack again?

Jb

Is there a mod that removes entirely or alters the final "dungeons" so they stop being such a pain for non combat spec characters? I'd love to finally do a malkavian run but I have really terrible memories of the last few hours of the campaign.

Durante

Is there a mod that removes entirely or alters the final "dungeons" so they stop being such a pain for non combat spec characters? I'd love to finally do a malkavian run but I have really terrible memories of the last few hours of the campaign.
I played a Malkavian and had no issue with those. I think I just got invisibility and backstabbed everyone with a Katana. It was pretty fun actually.

Skerj

9 years later and I still hate that hotel, the zombie crackhouse, and the creepy gimp bondage mansion. This thread has me wanting to go through it again. I've played it 4 times, 3 as Malk and once as a Tremere. Thinking about a Gangrel run but Malks are too fun.

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member
Still want to play the V20 Pen and Paper RPG.

Such a good system and such a rich metaplot. The creative opportunities for well versed and complex narrative are quite close to limitless!

Sigh, one can dream.

Divius

Oh nice, I have this lined up to go after I finish my current few games. Never knew there were any mods/patches worth installing. Bookmarking for later.

I played it with a harder difficulty mod which made enemies have more health, since in the vanilla game you could murder everything really fast with the machineguns and flamethrowers. It was much harder to run around and backstab people with obfuscate (invisibility) since some vampires with auspex will still see you anyways. Funny thing is that against a certain boss fight
chinese vampire boss lady
it took too many bullets to kill her because i had to empty like 3 whole guns into her and some flamethrower that it kept crashing the game on steam by reaching some object limit. I had to dice some of the health up before I had to shoot.

But I really recommend the better companion mod, which lets you recruit more characters, even turn some of the humans into vampires, and even have more control over them. I think if you google it you should find the companion mod, though keep in mind there is a light version of the companion mod that only allows you to recruit Heather and Yuki, which may come packed in with some mods already, so keep that in mind.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

I just played the game with godmode on, combat is easily the weakest part.

dreamfall

So so gooood.

Played my Gangrel girl last summer, and it was absolute bliss!

Too much combat in those damn Sewers, but the game blew me away.

Thanks for creating this thread, Vampire. I will be picking up this mods asap. I'm just running the standard VTM mod at the moment was a crap load of super sampling on win8. I've always enjoyed your screens in the screenshot thread.

Nikodemos

The game's problem is that bloodlines are unbalanced. Some are just plain boring to play. The only ones with a noticeable impact on the game's 'flow' are Malkavian (due to enhanced insight and the hilariousness of their condition), Tremere (due to blood magic) and Gangrel (due to the warform).

Minamu

I bought this on the last steam sale or so (last year) and I'm going through my backlog. How long is one playthrough? I only played a few minutes into the tutorial last time :(

These look glorious!

I've often thought about playing this game again someday. My PC at the time of its release could barely handle it. I don't think my new one would even break a sweat, even with these mods.

cj_iwakura

Still want to play the V20 Pen and Paper RPG.

Such a good system and such a rich metaplot. The creative opportunities for well versed and complex narrative are quite close to limitless!

Sigh, one can dream.

I played the PNP game long before the PC game, and yeah, it's pretty great. Take it from a V:TM vet, Troika nailed it.

I never did beat this game. I actually did try to play through it again recently with some of the unofficial patches and stuff and it was still very buggy. It made me want to play Deus Ex HR because of the heavy hub similarities I suppose. I am afraid I'll never beat this game although would very much like to see another white wolf vampire game... I very much liked its predecessor btw.

This game is like a bad ex-girlfriend to me. It just keeps coming back :)

I'll be playing this soon. Thanks for the mods guide!

RobertM

I wish I had my save file :(. I got to Chinatown and then my hdd died so I never got to finish this marvel of the game. I remember when Best Buy had a box full of these games for $20. It came around the same time as Half Life 2 and the only thing I knew about it was that it ran Source Engine that powered HL2. I thought the game looked weird...how wrong I was.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Any way to add reliable controller support? Playing on my TV...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Subbed. I played this game back in the day in its original form and was completely floored. I've been meaning to replay it at some point but I need to clear out the rest of my backlog first.

Geedorah

Was a great game on the PC - but I really enjoyed playing the original book based game with good friends in high school. Good times.

+1
I want to finish it one day.

But I have my annual playthrough of Stalker to do, then some Mount and Blade, and those new Dishonored DLC.
And Dragon Crown and Muramasa on Vita.

We live in the darkest age ever for game completists. The insanity must end.

weevles

Sigh, I hate having to go through all that just to make it prettier, but I might just have to break down and do it one of these days. I guess there is no hope for sequel or "current" gen game, is there? :(

cj_iwakura

+1
I want to finish it one day.

But I have my annual playthrough of Stalker to do, then some Mount and Blade, and those new Dishonored DLC.
And Dragon Crown and Muramasa on Vita.

We live in the darkest age ever for game completists. The insanity must end.

Should always play a great game you've never played over one you've played repeatedly.

hitoshi

I made some screenshots:

(I'm not good at making screenshots lol)

1920x1080, 4xSGSSAA (Box Filter), 16:1 HQAF
ENB Series (detailed settings see above) + Hi-Res Texture Pack

Can you give a link to the Hi-Res texture pack? The one in the OP links to various small texture mods - do I have to download and install every single one of them?

Top Bottom