^sign up here
The Bloodhunt Closed Alpha is LIVE!
Welcome to Bloodhunt’s very first Alpha Test! We are honored to have you with us, and we hope that you will have a lot of fun.
And for that to happen, we wanted to give you some information about what you should expect during these 3 days.
But first, here is some basic information regarding the Closed Alpha:
Servers will open on the 2nd of July at 2 PM CET (Central European Time)
Servers will close on the 4th of July at 2 PM CET (Central European Time)
Once you have downloaded the game, you will have to create a Sharkmob Account. Don’t forget to check your email to make sure you go through the email verification part without a hitch.
Once in the Elysium (Which is the name of our game lobby), press F1 to queue for a match.
Now, a few things to keep in mind:
1. If you are getting an error that says “Internal Error” please restart your Steam client and then use the verify file function in Steam prior to starting the game again. This should solve the issue.
2. If you have a question, it is likely we have an answer for you in our FAQ which you can find here: https://support.sharkmob.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402324600081-Frequently-Asked-Questions-FAQ-
3. Since we are in Alpha mode, some functions/features have been disabled. For example, you will not be able to invite friends to your group. You CAN play in Group mode, but the group will be randomized. We also support Solo play. Additionally, some features like customization and progression will be very limited to what we intend to have in the full game.
4. Localization is not finished. If you play in a localized version, you might encounter some missing or partly translated texts. This is still very much in progress.
5. As this is running on Pre-Alpha code expect many bugs, like, seriously. When you do, we would really appreciate it if you could report them in our #bughunt channel on our official Discord server which you can find here: discord.gg/bloodhunt
6. You will likely encounter bugs, technical issues and also potentially experience server instability, please remember this is the reason we are doing an Alpha Test in the first place. We need a big number of players to stress test our servers and help us squash the bugs
7. There is no NDA. This means you are more than welcome to stream or talk about the game. If you do, we hope that you can mention that the game is still in an early Alpha state and still in development, but we are still proud of what we achieved so far and we hope that you will enjoy it.
Enjoy the ride!
Don’t hesitate to join us on our social channels:
Nuke this if old but the Alpha test just started this weekend and I'm surprised to say it's actually really decent! I think it features some of the best movement mechanics in a battle royale yet simply due to the free-form nature of it without going overboard as was the case with Hyper Scape or, on the flipside, Apex Legends what with its weird mix between CoD and trudging through molasses. Bloodhunt reminds me of what a Warframe multiplayer should've been like (no we don't talk about Conclave). There's even a bullet jump-like mechanic from WF where if you aim your weapon while juming/flying you'll hover in the air for a bit to line up a shot. A small mechanic that goes a long way to not only make fights cool and stylish but also interesting and creative. Weapons feel and sound great, performance is not bad considering it's supposed alpha code and you get into matches almost instantly which makes it very moreish. I like it!
Anyway I'm probably in the extreme minority on GAF when it comes to enjoying a battle royale based on the World of Darkness franchise but I think they've done a really good job with the source material. My only hope is that by the time the full release rolls around they'll have announced some plans for new maps as, despite the high quality of the current map: Prague, it being limited to night time only ('cause vampires) I can see it getting rather stale fast. I'd love it if they'll feature other cities in set (Eastern) Europe as well.
So did anyone else get access to the alpha? Should I be ostracized for enjoying a Vampire the Masquerade Battle Royale game? Will this actually turn out to be better than Bloodlines 2? Give me your hot takes GAF.