• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodhunt - Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join the Bloodhunt and become the ultimate vampire!
Bloodhunt is a free battle royale game set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe.
A treacherous betrayal has stirred a war amongst the vampires, who are also being targeted for annihilation by a secret society known as the Entity. Use your supernatural powers, weapons and wit in this thrilling battle royale game to dominate the night and restore the Masquerade.

Developed and published by Sharkmob from Malmö, Sweden.

Coming to PC in 2021.

To sign up for a chance to play in our upcoming Closed Alpha and learn more about the game, visit www.bloodhunt.com

Thank you mods for the fast title change

Happy Birthday Pig GIF by Angry Birds

Last edited:
Superhero landings
Supernatural powers
Teleport takedowns
Slide shooting

This trailer just looks generic as fuck. Did absolutely nothing for me. Not aroused in the slightest. In fact it went the other way. Turtle went back in his shell

tenor.gif

Vampires with guns and magic. Hmm, didn't see that one coming. At first I thought it was going to be a battle royal stealth vampire game.

raduque

This is EXACTLY what VtMB fans have been clamoring for.
the look eye roll GIF

They might as well just put this franchise back down and let it rest. Didn't they already shitcan the last devs trying to make VtMB2?
I love that dog gif.

This game looks like shit. It's free, so I might try it for the laughs.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Vampires with guns and magic. Hmm, didn't see that one coming. At first I thought it was going to be a battle royal stealth vampire game.
If it was a stealth game 95% would be playing it as guns blazing anyway, and probably doing better than all the other stealth nerds. Might as well go for the lowest denominator.

the_master

It looks good to me from how little they have shown.

Edit: Why the hatred for this game? It has generic things, yes, but most of this things are expected in an action game now a days, even more, dashing and powers are part of the lore of the game, so they are a must. Why the hatred?

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
These guys were probably banking on the release of Vampire 2 so they could ride the wave of rekindled popularity of the franchise. But with Vampire 2 delayed to god knows when, suddenly they stand alone with a game that feels like a spinoff of a game that hasn't even released yet.

Man that must suck.

FeldMonster

It looks good to me from how little they have shown.

Edit: Why the hatred for this game? It has generic things, yes, but most of this things are expected in an action game now a days, even more, dashing and powers are part of the lore of the game, so they are a must. Why the hatred?
Yeah, I am confused myself. If playing a game as a vampire with powers is "generic", I am curious what they think isn't. Would playing as a vampire in name only (a human with fangs?) be less "generic" and therefore more fun?

How about a game where you are a librarian, and you file books in shelves per the Dewey decimal system? That would be super rare, the opposite of generic. That would be really fun right? Right?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

"Join Bloodhunt and become the ultimate vampire! Bloodhunt is a free-to-play battle royale game set in the universe of Vampire: The Masquerade. A perfidious betrayal has triggered a war between vampires, who are also threatened by a secret society known as the Entity. Use your supernatural powers, your weapons and your wits in this exciting battle royale game to rule the night and restore the Masquerade.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Another Battle Royale designed for people who don't like Battle Royale (Hyper Scape being the first).

Bold strategy. Let see if it pays off.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This new trailer for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt, the battle royale that's out now in Early Access for PC and coming soon to PS5, shows off the stealthy Nosferatu playable clan.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Thanks but no Fangks, sorry to say but I think they have bitten off more than they can chew with this, looks bloody awful.

Why do all the recent vampire games just suck?

Last edited:

nikos

Had fun with early access last year. There's a lot I love about the game, but some things that could have definitely used tweaking. Looking forward to seeing the improvements.

MiguelItUp

Game was surprisingly fun for a battle royale, but that's coming from someone that doesn't really care for them period.

I just don't know how long it's going to stick around and feel fresh. The open beta did get stale pretty quickly IMO.

Denton

This remains the greatest fucking waste of an IP (Vampire) and a location (Prague) of all time.

I would kill for a Vampire singleplayer RPG set in Prague.

And instead we get...this.

The vibe is right. The movement is stellar besides no prince of Persia wall running. It's a fun BR no lie.

One thing that has to get better is the time between matches. It's not for lack of players it's the menu design

TrebleShot

Tried this out , one match and I bounced. Very late to the BR party and not a particularly good one.

Plays like a Fortnite mod

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Developer Sharkmob shows off what's new in their big Summer update for the free-to-play battle royale, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt, including Team Deathmatch mode, improvements in graphical fidelity, performance improvements, the Summer Pass that adds 100 tiers of content, new vanity items, currency and XP boosts, and more! The free update will be out on July 14 on PC (via steam) and PS5.

Top Bottom