• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire: The Masquerade MMO (CCP/Eve Online) finally being revealed maybe today!

This week White Wolf/CCP are hosting a World of Darkness fan convention called the Grand Masquerade and on their website they have several mentions to revealing the "future" of darkness during this convention including a nifty countdown timer here that says "Darkness Revealed" around 7PM Central.

Now, we know the game is in development and has been for awhile now, White Wolf is pretty open on that front even though they haven't "officially" announced it. There was a Role Playing/Boardgame podcast with an interview of some of the CCP/White Wolf Atlanta crew a few weeks ago and they flat out say we should get some info on it during this convention.

Get hype?

Wallach

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty surprised nobody's tried to cash in on the vampire angle yet. If Twilight is what it takes to bring Masquerade to the online scene... so be it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Good luck beating Bloodlines.

Wiktor

I think the new setting sucks like hell compared to old one, but on it's own it's still a great world that could be a foundation for amazing MMORPG

Shanadeus

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
This week White Wolf/CCP are hosting a World of Darkness fan convention called the Grand Masquerade and on their website they have several mentions to revealing the "future" of darkness during this convention including a nifty countdown timer here that says "Darkness Revealed" around 7PM Central.

Now, we know the game is in development and has been for awhile now, White Wolf is pretty open on that front even though they haven't "officially" announced it. There was a Role Playing/Boardgame podcast with an interview of some of the CCP/White Wolf Atlanta crew a few weeks ago and they flat out say we should get some info on it during this convention.

Get hype?
I can't wait for Incarna.

Vinci

Danish
Please. Holy hell, I need some more CCP goodness. I'm also very curious as to how they're going to make the thing work.

Acosta

I wasn't there day one with EVE, I won't make the same mistake again. The possibilities for this one are incredible.

Vinci

Danish
Dresden said:
Is this the same setting as Bloodlines? I'm not familiar with this White Wolf stuff.

I don't think we really know yet. They haven't announced a damn thing, other than that it's been in development for a while. At least not that I've read anywhere.

Vinci

Danish
Zenith said:
What happened to Dust 514?

They're developing both. Different teams.

EDIT: I mean, seriously, this is all we know:

Wikipedia said:
As of January 2008, full production of the WoD MMORPG was scheduled start March 2009 after the Eve Online expansion was finished according to CCP. Official confirmation that the game is currently in development surfaced in Aug 2009 on the official CCP web site.

It is scheduled to launch in 2010.

I'm doubting that last bit, personally, but who the hell knows?

Vlodril

Been waiting for this for a couple of years. Havent heard anything at all for a long time i was starting to get worried. I guess hoping for a trailer is too much but at this point any information will do. I would love if they went the eve path of full loot and consistent world but i kinda doubt it. Still will be there day 1.

Acosta

Well, I'm disappointed, was waiting for the counter, but I guess it was just for the beginning of The Grand Masquerade event. Was hoping for a trailer or something.

I guess we will know something the next hours (I hope).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:
Good luck beating Bloodlines.
The World of Darkness setting has changed quite a bit since then, I believe. I'm assuming this game is probably going to be based on the new World of Darkness?

::edit::
Of course, if I had actually read the full thread, I would have already known the answer.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dresden said:
Is this the same setting as Bloodlines? I'm not familiar with this White Wolf stuff.

We dont know but I'm guessing not. I figure it will use the current World of Darkness, not the old World of Darkness that was the basis for Bloodlines.

Monroeski said:
The World of Darkness setting has changed quite a bit since then, I believe. I'm assuming this game is probably going to be based on the new World of Darkness?

See above. A fresh start is probably for the best, but goddamn is Bloodlines just that good.

"Well, I'm disappointed, was waiting for the counter, but I guess it was just for the beginning of The Grand Masquerade event. Was hoping for a trailer or something."

The counter seems to work off your local time and doesn't convert it to be accurate if you're not in the eastern timezone. According to their Twitter, it's just under an hour until the WW/CCP presentation.

Twig

Banned
Jesus Christ I hope this is about World of Darkness.

I want a game like EVE that's easier to get into (I love EVE, but goddamn I do not have the time), and I hope that's what this is. The setting appeals, as well.

I really really want a fucking WoD (though I know little about the world) game from this team. My god, even playing Eve a little bit it was the only MMO I actually enjoyed and, if I had the time, could see myself playing. Man, a vampire MMO would be so sweet right about now. Nothing is scratching that itch for me.

I love Bloodlines, in fact. I just want to see something with some updated visuals.

wrowa

criticalhits White Wolf announces entire back catalog will be available print on demand; e-tools coming for fan clubs & char creation #grandmasquerade
less than 10 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Is that the big announcement?

wrowa

NOLAWoD2010 Discussion of the new WoD MMO #grandmasquerade 1 minute ago via HootSuite

Nope, it's indeed the MMO! :D

wrowa

NOLAWoD2010 The have been working on this game behind closed doors for 3 years! It's still got a way to go. #grandmasquerade
2 minutes ago via HootSuite

I was a HUGE fan of the old WoD and from seeing the new WoD that came out a few years ago, I got a bit turned off. I wish I could be interested, but the 90's WoD just isn't there anymore. :(

Teknopathetic said:
AdrianWerner might get his desire. According to twitter, WoD is based on Masquerade, not Requiem!
Ok, my above post was created just before your's was. If this is true, and also includes The Apocalypse, The Ascension, The Oblivion, The Dreaming, etc. then I will be very happy indeed!

See above you.

"Ok, my above post was created just before I saw your's. If this is true, and also includes The Apocalypse, The Ascension, The Oblivion, The Dreaming, etc. then I will be very happy indeed!"

Supposedly it will only be Masquerade. At least that's all they've mentioned for now.

wrowa

They won't release it before 2012, says Twitter.

As someone who just recently played Bloodlines, I'm totally pleased by the universe!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dresden said:

No, itll be new WoD

Edit: Or not...thats weird. Also if its just Vampires, Ill be disappointed.

Nishastra

Banned
Wow, awesome. I never thought they'd go back to the old setting. I was interested anyway, but now I'm... more interested!

"No, itll be new WoD"

See above you.

"Edit: Or not...thats weird. Also if its just Vampires, Ill be disappointed."

Yeah, a little bit of a downer. On the flipside, there is of course a ton you can do with Vampires alone. And CCP constantly pumps out expansions so who knows?

shoplifter

I rather like oWoD, but really am sort of shocked that this is what it is. Maybe they just figured there's more design space now that it's not being written for.

I actually like nWoD more - fewer time travelling vampires.

"criticalhits "Vampire: the Masquerade" MMO will have a focus on player politics and social interaction. #grandmasquerade"

As you would expect from CCP.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Teknopathetic said:
"criticalhits "Vampire: the Masquerade" MMO will have a focus on player politics and social interaction. #grandmasquerade"

As you would expect from CCP.
No No No No

It needs to be focused on PvE and Epic Loot.

matmanx1

Vampire: The Masquerade is a REALLY cool IP. Let's hope CCP and their team do it justice and deliver something just as good or better than Bloodlines. They have a cult hit with Eve but that was their own baby. Vampire is a totally new ballgame and it would be a real shame for them to deliver a bad product.

antonz

Now my hype for this is much higher. Absolutely loved Bloodlines. An MMO set in that universe will be awesome.

Tweener vampire nuts are in for a rude surprise lol

antonz said:
Now my hype for this is much higher. Absolutely loved Bloodlines. An MMO set in that universe will be awesome.

Tweener vampire nuts are in for a rude surprise lol

I'm going nuts, as well. This is going to be so righteous. I love the sound of player politics and social interaction.

Can't fucking wait v0v

antonz

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I'm going nuts, as well. This is going to be so righteous. I love the sound of player politics and social interaction.

Oh I agree by throwing in tweeners I was referring more to the glittery vampire phenomenom ;)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Darkmakaimura said:
At least it's still old WoD... That means Brujah, Tremere, Toredor, Giovonni, etc. Sweet!
Old WoD pre or post end times (i.e. are the Ravnos still around)?

owlbeak

Vampire: The Masquerade was awesome purely for the Storyteller multiplayer mode. I had so much fun with that. I hosted custom campaigns and played as the DM. It was really innovative and I haven't seen anything like it since. Neverwinter Nights MP came close, but wasn't nearly the same.

Top Bottom