• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanilla Coke is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
That's right folks. It is back. After a 2 year or so hiatus, the best Coke in the world is back.

Before you knew it like this:
Coca-colavanilla.jpg

Now, it looks like this:
Vanilla07.jpg

Now I personally haven't seen the real stuff yet, BUT I do have sitting in my fridge something new. It is Coca-Cola Zero Vanilla. It seems they are adding a new version to the mix at the same time. Now the Zero version doesn't have the same bite as the original (from what I remember), but it definitely has the same vanilla flavoring mixed in.

Rejoice, for Vanilla Coke has returned!

ghostmind

Will try out Coke Zero Vanilla at lunch...

BTW, anyone else try out Diet Pepsi Jazz Caramel & Cream? That is some weird tasting shit...

Why was it gone in the first place? That stuff was divine.

Oh and I like the old design better. Looks smoother and creamier.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
ghostmind said:

BTW, anyone else try out Diet Pepsi Jazz Caramel & Cream? That is some weird tasting shit...

Goddamn it, I read RoboJ's post, and then read yours as Diet Pepsi Jizz Caramel and Cream.

this thread is getting hot yo

pxleyes

Banned
It seems they originally discontinued it after the sales dropped from like 90 million cans to 35 million in the second year. That would be reason enough, but replacing with "Cherry Vanilla" was just stupid. If I want that taste, sell me each separately and I'll combine it myself.

I'm just so happy it is back, I'm stocking up for years.

Triz

Rubios fast food has always had Vanilla Coke on fountain Tap. But I havent been able to find it here for a very long time.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Triz said:
Rubios fast food has always had Vanilla Coke on fountain Tap. But I havent been able to find it here for a very long time.
WHAT?

pxleyes

Banned
Triz said:

The last place I got real Vanilla Coke in a fountain was in Atlanta when I visited the World of Coke during the Final Four. Now THAT was the best Coke I've ever had.

I must go out on a mission to get me some more right now.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
We had Vanilla coke in Canada (atleast in Ontario) early in the year last year but I haven't seen it since

This stuff was so good, I'd drink two 2-liters of it every week. Then I got stomach ulcers because of its high acidity, so I basically had to give up on soda altogether.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
ghostmind said:

It tasted like Coke Blak to me... Ugh...

Frisch's Big Boy in Cincinnati always has it, but they make it by manaully adding Vanilla flavoring. It's very good.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
I never noticed it was gone because Black Cherry Vanilla and Cherry Coke are way better.

Lo-Volt

Such a bad week for me, but this is a shining light at the end of the tunnel. Praise Coca-Cola for this glorious decision.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
It never really left in Canada, here anyway at Safeway...or maybe I just didn't notice. However, this is news fantastico. I will stock up on this stuff by filling my basement with it. Did they change the formula? Why are they bringing it back? Is it back for good? I hope so!

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
holy shit this news has made my day. best soda ever, they'd better have it in stock here before i leave minnesota in june.

I only tried it once and didn't like it at all. I'll give it another chance, but the vanilla was WAY too strong in my 20 oz. bottle I got.

I always used to like going to a diner and getting a real vanilla coke, though.

Cherry's still my favorite flavor.

aoi tsuki

Vanilla Coke would be better if the vanilla flavor hit your taste buds at the same time as the Coke flavor, instead of shortly after it. Same goes with Coke Blak and it's shitty coffee flavor.

Edit: Coke + vanilla extract = Vanilla Coke. You can use Italian syrups (the kind you put in coffee) but it'll make the drink sweeter. i actually prefer making my own Vanilla Coke rather than drinking the bottled stuff.

pxleyes

Banned
WOOHOO

Just stopped by the local Publix and picked up a 12 pack of the good stuff. It seems it hit stores between yesterday and today down here. Granted we are close to Atlanta and a few bottling plants, but the rest of the nation should be getting it shortly.

temp

posting on contract only
I want to use this thread to ask what happened to "Cherry Coke"? What's this "Coca-Cola Cherry" business?

pxleyes

Banned
temp said:
I want to use this thread to ask what happened to "Cherry Coke"? What's this "Coca-Cola Cherry" business?

Well technically it isn't Vanilla Coke anymore either. It is now "Coca-Cola Vanilla." I think it is just some new marketing trend. I'll say this, the new Vanilla can design is AMAZING. I think Coke's marketing team is through the roof lately.

First sip: Same, good old Vanilla Coke. I can't taste a difference.

B!TCH said:
I never noticed it was gone because Black Cherry Vanilla and Cherry Coke are way better.

Black Cherry Vanilla Coke is ok, but it tastes like cream soda mixed with black cherry soda and only has a faintly cokelike aftertaste. Vanilla coke is much better.

And Waffle House will add vanilla, chocolate, or cherry syrup to coke (and has for many years).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom