• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanquish PC: 'Hidden' additional challenge from playing on higher framerates

ViviOggi

How does this compare to 30fps God Hard? I'm in the last act, with a pad, and gonna pull through so one day I can tell my grandchildren that I finished Vanquish on PC Hard

lazerfox

No wonder I'm getting my ass kicked. +144FPS on Hard difficulty.

1-2 seconds in the open and slow mo triggers already.

I knew there was something wrong with the game cause the gameplay didn't seem that fun if you have to get in cover so much and regen all the time.

Jawmuncher

Think I might wait for a patch. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. Haven't been enjoying having to play it more like gears and not actually vanquish

Nheco

Ah, I suspected this last night when playing. Playing @75Hz, I kinda noticed that I was dying very often... I was "man, I don't remember this shit being so hard..." *shrugs*

Mupod

How does this compare to 30fps God Hard? I'm in the last act, with a pad, and gonna pull through so one day I can tell my grandchildren that I finished Vanquish on PC Hard

god hard is on a different level man.

I went into it after having breezed through hard and most of the challenges on console. It took me like 1-2 hours to get past the first boss.

Even with the bug on hard mode PC, it's not THAT bad. Like I said, I didn't actually think something was off until it was pointed out to me.

ViviOggi

god hard is on a different level man.

I went into it after having breezed through hard and most of the challenges on console. It took me like 1-2 hours to get past the first boss.

Even with the bug on hard mode PC, it's not THAT bad. Like I said, I didn't actually think something was off until it was pointed out to me.
Guess I'll have to do God Hard 144fps edition then!

mcmmaster

I wouldn't really call it a "hidden" feature, it's quite clearly an oversight just like how Valkyria Chronicles had a similar bug.

Gxgear

I shudder at the thought of completing Challenge 6 on PC, the one trophy blocking me from the Vanquish platinum.

I wouldn't really call it a "hidden" feature, it's quite clearly an oversight just like how Valkyria Chronicles had a similar bug.

Haha yeah, that' why it's 'hidden'. It's actually a bug.

Also, didn't they fixed Valkyria's bug? Let's see what they'll do with this.

I shudder at the thought of completing Challenge 6 on PC, the one trophy blocking me from the Vanquish platinum.

I have no frame of reference, bit could always cap framerate if needed back to 30fps.

I'm shocked developers are still tying ANY logic to framerate. Is it still 1996?

Haha yeah, that' why it's 'hidden'. It's actually a bug.

Also, didn't they fixed Valkyria's bug? Let's see what they'll do with this.

Yes they eventually did fix the firing rate issue with Valkyria. Although the issue with this game doesn't really seem to be firing rate / speed, it seems to be that at higher frame rates single bullets are causing more damage then they should. Speculation here but maybe Vanquish doesn't dispose of bullets immediately upon contact and instead gets rid of them at a set rate after contact, thus making them linger around and causing damage per frame (which at a higher framerate would cause more damage). Either way, something is up - I imagine this is probably fixable (and usually Sega Europe has post release support even if a game does poorly). Hopefully it gets fixed.

For me personally I was playing on Hard and I honestly wasn't noticing a huge difference but maybe I am just too pro!

wowzors

I was playing yesterday and was like God damn I don't remember AR activating this quickly. I died like twice on the third level.

I know I know get gud.

Top Bottom