• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Various eShop software download sizes for Nintendo Switch games

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The download sizes can be found at Nintendo Japan's webpages for all these games. Ex: MK8D - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/aabpa/index.html, the info can be found at the right of the webpage, along with the price.

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 13.4 GB
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 1.09 GB
- I Am Setsuna 1.40 GB
- Nobunaga's Ambition 5 GB
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 7 GB
- Snipperclips 1.60 GB
- Dragon Quest Heroes I·II 32 GB (SD card required)

Source:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/274353-rumor-switch-games-digital-file-size-round-up
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...y_been_leaked_french/?st=izdlaecs&sh=bde4f910
https://www.nintendo-town.fr/2017/02/19/la-taille-des-jeux-nintendo-switch-sur-leshop/

Damn they added 0.2GB on Nobu's game.

And it's kinda funny that they are already expecting you to buy an SD card right outta the gate if you want that game digital. Though that's two titles in one, to be fair.

Mario Kart 8 was 5GBs, by the way.

This sucks. I want to go all digital like I have on my 3DS but it's impossible with these large sizes (and I'm sure they'll only get larger).

Or, you know, buy it physical.

Not everyone wants to do that, nor should they have to spend more money on a SD card if they want to go digital.

Like I said, DQH is two games in one, so fair play, but it remains to be seen if other games can fit without needing to buy another card.

Same with a 3DS you immediately need a memory card to store eShop game downloads.

I don't think I ever downloaded a game that took up too much room on the card provided, to be honest. Not even Smash or BD.

It's ridiculous that a console can launch in 2017 and still require people to buy extra storage right out of the gate.

Except it doesn't if you buy the game physical, which you should anyway because it gives you the added benefits of being able to lend, share, and resell it at will.

It's nice of them to bundle DQ Heroes into one package, but that's quite large. I'm also sure how a musou game gets so big when Zelda is 13GB especially it's they went with the PS3 version to get smaller files.
Other than that the files sizes are quite small which is pretty good. Nintendo was pretty good with that last gen with some massive games like Smash 3DS and 3D World being like under 2GB

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's impressive that a game is exceeding the internal memory on day 1.

Time to order that SD card...
Nothing impressive about it. If you wanna go digital you need a bigger SD card - that was always gonna be the case.

ahdurian

damn...guess i'll need an SD card pretty soon after launch

have they said how large of a card is compatible with the Switch?

bounchfx

anyone know what cards the switch supports? can it take any SD/micro sd/whatever it is, or do you have to buy fucking proprietary ones

Why is Snipperclips 1.6GB?

Looks like a pretty simple affair...

probably for the same reason that Joust is fucking 500mb on xbox

Terrell

How big was Mario Kart 8 on Wii U?

Base software: 4119MB
Update data: 443MB
DLC: 1632MB

Total: 6194MB

So about 6.05GB

EDIT: Given the wide range of numbers being reported, we're looking at 5.5-6GB, likely depending on what software updates were already in the package when the software was bought.

Fredrik

- Dragon Quest Heroes I·II 32 GB (SD card required)
I guess it's not quite as bad as on Vita but it's still bad when the internal storage is so small that you have to write that a secondary memory storage is required, especially since it can cost quite a bit depending on how big the extra storage is.

It's ridiculous that a console can launch in 2017 and still require people to buy extra storage right out of the gate.

Not everyone wants to do that, nor should they have to spend more money on a SD card if they want to go digital.

Like I said, DQH is two games in one, so fair play, but it remains to be seen if other games can fit without needing to buy another card.

It's a tablet, not a console. You cant put a physical platter drive in it. Ask your phone or tablet manufacturer how much they charge for extra onboard flash storage. That's why the cost is being passed to the prosumer rather than everyone who buys the console for, say, 350 or more instead of 299. Be realistic, not concerntrollistic. Hell, be happy they're not fleecing you like Sony did with extremely expensive proprietary flash storage.

Ninja Dom

Surely, if you plan to go entirely digital on a console then you should make allowances for spending money on storage at some point.

The same if you bought a 500GB PS4 or Xbox One.

I don't see what's the point in crying. You have to buy more memory for Sony and Ms systems too and they're a console while the Switch is a handheld. Shit the Switch is better without installs from physical games alone.

Top Bottom