• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegan ‘called police after friends made her eat chicken nuggets’

Bullet Club

Vegan ‘called police after friends made her eat chicken nuggets’

A woman has said she contacted cops after a group of friends made her eat chicken as a prank because she is vegan.

She said that she had not eaten meat since she was three or four years old but turned to a plant-based diet 10 years ago.

Now 24, she said that recently she was at a party and got ‘white girl wasted’.

That’s when her friends gave her something to eat and she asked ‘are these vegan?’, to which her friends replied ‘yeah, they’re sunfed’ – a type of chickenless chicken, she explained on Reddit.

She said they didn’t taste right, but because she was so drunk she dismissed it.

LxdvFM7.jpg

A picture of chicken nuggets.

The anonymous poster said: ‘I found out the next day when my sister sent me a message telling me to check my friends Snapchat story.

‘The story was them showing the nugget packaging, and then showing them giving them to me (including the conversation where I asked if it was vegan).

‘The and then later them mocking me and pretending to be me when I found out I ate meat (things like fake crying and yelling “the CHICKENS!!!”).

‘I took a screen recording of the video and took it to the police, on the grounds of food tampering, and now 3 of my (ex) friends are facing charges.’

She said that she was sick the next morning but her friends accused her of overreacting.

She added: ‘In my view, they took advantage of my drunken state, tampered with my food, and publically humiliated me. In their view, it was just a prank.’

We have looked around to see if tricking someone into eating meat when they are vegan or vegetarian is illegal, but so far we cannot laws relating to the practice.

In 2018 an investigation was launched into a chef who boasted about spiking a group of vegans’ meals. She said ‘pious judgemental vegan (who I spent all day cooking for) has gone to bed, still believing she’s a vegan’.

Shropshire Council intervened and the chef quit after receiving death threats.

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Rupert Coville spoke about force feeding Guantanamo detainees who refused to eat.

He said: ‘If it’s perceived as torture or inhuman treatment – and it’s the case it’s painful – then it is prohibited by international law.’

However that contradicts the European Court of Human Rights which ruled that not all forced feeding is illegal.

They would make an exception if it was to ‘preserve the life of hunger strikers if shown to be medically necessary and not done for punitive reasons.’

Source: Metro

Is anyone else sick of these vegans culturally appropriating our meat eater foods?

Fake chicken nuggets
Fake hamburgers
Fake bacon

Create your own foods and stop trying to steal our stuff!

Become more original and start making vegan food look more like it tastes. Like dog shit.

Ar¢tos

This reminded me of a girl I met that "is" vegetarian and keeps trying to force others to be vegetarian and trying to guilt people that eat meat. But once she got wasted drinking beer the first thing she wanted to do was go to McDonald's and eat burgers saying she fucking loves meat and that vegetarian food tastes like shit and she only eats it to be trendy. We recorded the whole thing and showed it to her the next day.
She never talked to any of us again.

Tesseract

Banned
This reminded me of a girl I met that "is" vegetarian and keeps trying to force others to be vegetarian and trying to guilt people that eat meat. But once she got wasted drinking beer the first thing she wanted to do was go to McDonald's and eat burgers saying she fucking loves meat and that vegetarian food tastes like shit and she only eats it to be trendy. We recorded the whole thing and showed it to her the next day.
She never talked to any of us again.

oh jesus christ what a legendary night that must have been

It sounds absurd, but if you read it all I actually am on her side.

They lied to her. Gave her the food. Pre-planned all of it and documented it with pics. Then sent it to her the next day.

If you don't eat meat, that's fine. If you do eat meat that's also fine. But if someone genuinely doesn't want to, that's fucking awful to literally trick them to eat it just to shit on them the next day. And then what do you do after that? Get revenge, or go to the police? That's your only two options really.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned

They lied to her. Gave her the food. Pre-planned all of it and documented it with pics. Then sent it to her the next day.

If you don't eat meat, that's fine. If you do eat meat that's also fine. But if someone genuinely doesn't want to, that's fucking awful to literally trick them to eat it just to shit on them the next day. And then what do you do after that? Get revenge, or go to the police? That's your only two options really.
It isn’t a police matter.
Move on get new friends. It was a joke. Be a fucking grown up.

maybe take responsibility of being intoxicated. Get friends that actually care about you. Ect

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

laugh and savor the one time you ate meat, just like all yer ancestors

DESTROYA

I have no problems with people being vegan just the ones that try to make themselves seem like they are better than you because they don’t eat animal products.
I can say for a fact they are some of them are the most pain in the ass customers in the restaurant business and I hated to dealing with them every time.

Vagen: Looks over menu, oh so you don't serve X veggie dishes?
Me: Sorry , but we don't specialize in that kind of food but we do have delicious salads, soups, pizza and other things that are pretty vegan friendly.
Vagen: But I don’t want any of that.
Me: ???????
Vagen: Can you make me X veggie dish?
Me: Sorry but we don’t have that on the menu . Would you like to try something we do have available on the menu?
Vagen: :messenger_face_steam:
Me: :messenger_anxious:
Vagen: Fine I guess I’ll have a salad and soup :messenger_face_steam:
Me: Great.
Vagen: Can you make sure the salad and soup are made on bowls never touched by meat?:messenger_face_steam:
Me: sssure:messenger_hushed:

True story!

Sakura

What in the fuck are the police going to do?
If you have shitty friends, then you have more options than revenge or police. For example, I don't know, getting new friends?

What in the fuck are the police going to do?
If you have shitty friends, then you have more options than revenge or police. For example, I don't know, getting new friends?
It's not that different from the girl licking ice cream in the store that got in trouble. I'm sure the police can do some shit.

And seriously, she is getting new friends. She called the cops on them lol.

Sakura

It's not that different from the girl licking ice cream in the store that got in trouble. I'm sure the police can do some shit.

And seriously, she is getting new friends. She called the cops on them lol.
The ice cream is owned by the store. It is quite obviously a very different situation.
The police aren't going to charge your friends for being dicks.

The ice cream is owned by the store. It is quite obviously a very different situation.
The police aren't going to charge your friends for being dicks.
I mean, you're probably right. I can easily see how this is an absurd story. And it's easy to take that stance.

But if you take anyone even slightly seriously for not wanting to eat meat, or go further than that and not eat anything involving animal products at all, then this is a pretty shitty thing to do to someone. If you think of animals as life worth preserving and you actually stand by your convictions and don't eat it then that's fine. But then someone tricks you and makes you eat, that fucking sucks dude.

It's like if someone made you eat a bowl of human stew and you found out afterwards with pictures. Some people actually do think animals are alive, feel pain, and deserve to live without being abused in factory farming, and they personally choose to not eat it or support it.

I'm not even one of those people. I eat meat. But I can easily see how this is an extremely shitty thing to do to someone.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I will never understand veganism. I'll tolerate a vegetarian, but a vegans are, to me, fucking mentally ill and need help.

i don't care if you're a vegan or not but, it's just that they keep yelling and screaming at everyone that isn't a vegan, they think they're superior to other people, talking about we're destroying the earth with cow farts. like, chill out, smoke some weed, eat what you want, leave me the fuck alone. that's like if i were to scream at people for drinking water because that's where the fish live, it's fucking stupid.

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
i don't care if you're a vegan or not but, it's just that they keep yelling and screaming at everyone that isn't a vegan, they think they're superior to other people, talking about we're destroying the earth with cow farts. like, chill out, smoke some weed, eat what you want, leave me the fuck alone. that's like if i were to scream at people for drinking water because that's where the fish live, it's fucking stupid.

99% of vegans ARE leaving you the fuck alone. I can guarantee you that you've met a ton of vegans without even knowing.

Oh, and here's another thing I can guarantee you. Most vegans shut the fuck up about it because they're just done with regurgitated bs like "do you get enough protein?", "you have to remember b12!", "baaaacon", and the driest, oldest most beat up dead horse there is: "how can you tell someone is vegan? Bla... Bla.... Blaaaaa"

OT, going to the cops is a bit much, but these were shitty people pulling a shitty prank. She should have dipped sheep pearls in chocolate and served it to them as a treat instead.

TheContact

Agreed. I'm not sure I'd call the police but I definitely wouldn't be friends with those people anymore unless they genuinely felt remorse for what they did.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
99% of vegans ARE leaving you the fuck alone. I can guarantee you that you've met a ton of vegans without even knowing.

well yes i know not all vegans are like that. I have a few friends that are vegan and we regularly hang out, and we have no problem what the other one eats.

Really shitty friends, but definitely overreaction to call the police in that context. She should've given them an ultimatum and get them to apologize profusely and do something as a vegan cause to make up for it, or said they'd have to pay for therapy as a result of the damages they've done. I'd understand calling the police if it wasn't a group of friends, but because they're friends it's just a really shitty ass "prank" and something that have better solutions that saves the public time and money.

In some places in china, these are savored.

american-cockroach.jpg

If i were at a party in china having a good time and some people who I thought were friendlies offered me chicken nuggets only for me to find out later they were periplaneta americana nuggets i'd want to strangle someone to death, and then some. Especially if they made a snapchat recording laughing about the incident.

pyro-fouseytube.png

Imagine fouseytube fed you a cockroach nugget and laughed his ass off. That's what I imagine this girl is going through.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
It would be one thing if she had a peanut allergy and they gave her peanuts. It's meat, you chose not to eat meat, and they fed you some so they can get a giggle out of it. You're not gonna die, just get new friends.

MMaRsu

Banned
Tbh its like having a carrot put up your ass while u pass around ur homie its an automatic death sentence on the streets - Chapelle

Top Bottom