• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wish people would stop spreading this. Police brought Burger King food to Roof in the room he was being interrogated, because you can't just starve people.. They didn't hit the drive through.
I think the implication is that black criminals would be beaten by officers and left to die alone in a cell.

ISOM

I wish people would stop spreading this. Police brought Burger King food to Roof in the room he was being interrogated, because you can't just starve suspects. They didn't hit the drive through.

I'm sure they'd do the same for every suspect. :eyeroll:

MCN

Banned
They were in the helicopter.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Condolences to the family of the young woman killed today, and best regards to all of those injured, in Charlottesville, Virginia. So sad!
7:25 PM · Aug 12, 2017

Shit, police killed by white supremacists? That has to be confusing for old Trumpy.

They get Halal meals, obviously.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/nz9ayk/the-politics-of-food-inside-guantanamo-bays-kitchen

Look, there's an incredible amount of racial injustice in policing, but it doesn't help anyone's cause to parrot a fake Facebook story.

I was thinking about AQ suspect in interrogation room, it's obvious that they feed people in jail, even illegal one like Guantanamo. It would be called a concentration camp if not.

It's pretty obvious that white terrorists are not treated like non-white terrorists. Hell, they are not even considered as terrorists most of the time.

I mean, is cops buying you a burger a common practice in the US ? In France, they just give you some awful plastic plate with rice if you're in for several hours.

Edit: Also, the documentary you provided is from 2014. I don't think it was the same conditions in 2002 when they left peoples in cage to rot in the sun for days.

A bit weird to see people saying they want to see some kind of federal force go in there and start bashing heads given who would be running that force. You sure you want to give Jeff Sessions and Trump that kind of power?

MCN

Banned
I was thinking about AQ suspect in interrogation room, it's obvious that they feed people in jail, even illegal one like Guantanamo. It would be called a concentration camp if not.

I mean, is cops buying you a burger a common practice in the US ? In France, they just give you some awful plastic plate with rice if you're in for several hours.

In the UK, I got a cornish pasty.

I was in Cornwall, which might explain that.

ZOONAMI

A bit weird to see people saying they want to see some kind of federal force go in there and start bashing heads given who would be running that force. You sure you want to give Jeff Sessions and Trump that kind of power?

The Dem governor of Virginia can send in the VA national guard. And I don't give a fuck if they are bashing heads as long as it's nazi heads. The fucking rule of law needs to prevail over giving these fucking scum fucks a platform to literally kill people with.

In the UK, I got a cornish pasty.

I was in Cornwall, which might explain that.

I think that most prisons/police station have a pretty standardized meal. Cops going out and buying you a freaking BK meal seems really extraordinary. Something that you think they will do for someone like the relative of somebody who were just killed, not the suspect of a racist terrorist act.

Xando

Sad thing this happens in the US now but anyone could have seen it coming with the tolerance to these nazis(or as you call them in the US alt right) and the both sides bullshit

Slime

Banned

I for one totally trust this group of armed soldiers to break up this protest peacefully and only shut down the bad guys.

There's no way any bad eggs could have infiltrated the Virginia National Guard like they have law enforcement.

Alucrid

Banned
i love how trump's normal use of "sad" to demean and insult frames that tweet. someone in the WH should teach him a different three letter word

Eusis

i love how trump's normal use of "sad" to demean and insult frames that tweet. someone in the WH should teach him a different three letter word
It's also how he used it. "This is very sad" would be respectable, "so sad!" sounds like a fucking after thought.

It's pretty obvious that white terrorists are not treated like non-white terrorists. Hell, they are not even considered as terrorists most of the time.

Edit: Also, the documentary you provided is from 2014. I don't think it was the same conditions in 2002 when they left peoples in cage to rot in the sun for days.

Not common practice but the Roof thing wasn't a common arrest. In his fervor he apparently hadn't eaten in days, or had only eaten some chips as stories differ, and they held him in a conference room for interrogation by the Feds so they couldn't use prison food.

http://www.snopes.com/2015/06/22/dylann-roof-burger-king/

Would a black suspect have been similarly fed? Probably only if there was a similar high profile crime where they wanted to make sure they didn't endanger their case by being accused of violating his civil rights.

My point is that not even a white guy gets a stop at Burger asking after a massacre as put forth in the inaccurate story.

Zakalwe

Banned
The seal's been broken, more violence against innocent people will be coming.

It honestly feels like the world's about to erupt.

Top Bottom