• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venom - Teaser Trailer

God Enel

What the fuck. These fucks didn't show the symbiotes.
I love Tom hardy and venom and carnage but whyyyy
tenor.gif

What the fuck. These fucks didn't show the symbiotes.
I love Tom hardy and venom and carnage but whyyyy
tenor.gif
It is a teaser. Problem is if you didn’t know there was a Venom movie in the works, and it didn’t say Venom at the end... you wouldn’t know what the teaser was teasing.

God Enel

But the symbiote being contained in a container was shown in 1:02 within the trailer. Plus it's called teaser trailer, so I don't see a need to get upset.

I'm not upset at all. It's more I'm just joking and a little bit disappointed. Imho I'm no expert but isn't a teaser trailer more like 30 seconds? For me this is a regular full blown trailer with nearly two minutes of material. And not showing the symbiotes in two minutes is imho not what I expected. Still excited for the movie. Will watch just for Tom hardy that's for sure.

I'm not upset at all. It's more I'm just joking and a little bit disappointed. Imho I'm no expert but isn't a teaser trailer more like 30 seconds? For me this is a regular full blown trailer with nearly two minutes of material. And not showing the symbiotes in two minutes is imho not what I expected. Still excited for the movie. Will watch just for Tom hardy that's for sure.
well i'm not sure if there a rule how long teaser trailer should be but as I said the symbiote in its original form was shown in the trailer

God Enel

well i'm not sure if there a rule how long teaser trailer should be but as I said the symbiote in its original form was shown in the trailer

I'm not sure either. In my opinion it was fairly long so for me it is clearly more of a trailer than a teaser but it's just me.

Yes okay. I'm sorry and you're right the symbiote was shown. Let me be more clear now. I wanted to see how venom and carnage look like, that's what I was asking for. :)

Let's then wait for the official "trailer" where they will (or not) show the two guys everyone is eager to see. ☺️

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I always though venom was a bad guy that eventually became a not good but not bad guy... Am I wrong? Also, carnage in a second movie or further away? Im thinking further.

VulcanRaven

That was ok but could have been much better. They should have showed Venom in some way(silhouette) or the transformation at least. There was no cool shot to get people excited. I care about the movie much if Tom Hardy wasn't in it.

Last edited:

quickwhips

This movie is going to be a bad venom movie. Tom hardy won’t save it. I hope they keep Spider-Man far away from this.

John Day

Marketing, and they might not be ready to show us the symbiotes yet.

Trailer seemed cool, a certain mystique to it. Hell you watch it and know nothing and it’s another sci-fi horror movie.

P.S: well and the Marvel Studios logo gives it up hahaha

I always though venom was a bad guy that eventually became a not good but not bad guy... Am I wrong? Also, carnage in a second movie or further away? Im thinking further.
well there's agent venom who works for the government. but he is more of anti-hero like the Punisher

taizuke

So is carnage going to be in this? Or the sequel ? Because Carnage & Venom was my favorite as a kid.

New Rockstars (Youtube channel) did a breakdown of the trailer and theorized the scene with the monitors and people pulling away might be related to Carnage. They don't mean telekinesis but rather Carnage's ability to get to people through monitors like a portal.

TrainedRage

Banned
New Rockstars (Youtube channel) did a breakdown of the trailer and theorized the scene with the monitors and people pulling away might be related to Carnage. They don't mean telekinesis but rather Carnage's ability to get to people through monitors like a portal.
Aaaaaawwwww yeah.

this guy?
jackie-earle-haley.jpg

or....

maxresdefault.jpg

Droxcy

Yeah horrible teaser, could've just given us the poster and I would've been more hyped. Sure it'll be decent though.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Damn, they're holding out on us. No reveal of Tom Hardy's mandatory Hollywood Muzzle design?

NahaNago

That teaser trailer was just terrible and unless you know who venom is you would probably have no desire to see that movie based on that trailer.

TrainedRage

Banned
I don't think people understand what a "TEASER" trailer is. Its not going to give away the plot guys. It's an amuse bouche.

I don't mind the teaser trailer but in a way I wish they wouldn't have bothered. Not because Venom isn't in it per-se, in his final form. I mean you do see the symbiote. My issue really is that the trailer said nothing. It didn't build up any hype or interest, just confirmed what we already knew. Tom Hardy is starring in a movie about the Spider Man anti-hero/villain Venom. :S

Top Bottom