• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Versus XIII rumors and a message to Kagari!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new guys information conflicts with the previous guys info (the Versus XIII not being considered for localization thing) so even if he is legit, he didn't really read "Aryllies"'s post properly then.

I noticed that too about the localization.

Very weird.

stryke

yeah, why fly Elder Hashimoto out there just to say "Please be excited" in bad English?
The entire ending to SE's presentation seemed really off.

That's why I believe you that something else was initially planned to be shown.

Shit, never thought of it that way....

You know, I was playing Chrono Cross the other day and it reminded me of how awesome Squaresoft use to be. :(

good thing you didn't play an actual decent squaresoft game instead, your mind might have been blown.

Does these really deserves a thread of its own? Really? Smh

thread whining is potentially bannable, man. and if you get banned as a junior, that's it for you. might want to edit it.

Spiegel

Playing Agni's trailer was perfectly fine. Epic showed the same Unreal 4 trailer and nothing else and no gave a shit.

People troll SQEX for no reason a lot of the time.

Epic showed an extended trailer. And Mark Rein nor anyone from Epic went up at the stage to troll people, it was included inside another segment.

Coxy

Aryllies can be debunked right off, he claims to be in japan but his ebay and foursquare profiles show his location as france even when he writes japan in lol

GavinGT

Banned
I'm currently more interested in NeoGAF: Kagari Returns and GameFAQs x NeoGAF Versus '13 than I am in these actual games.

Playing Agni's trailer was perfectly fine. Epic showed the same Unreal 4 trailer and nothing else and no gave a shit.

People troll SQEX for no reason a lot of the time.

It was a slightly different UE4 demo iirc, and epic didn't get 5 minutes on stage just a 20 sec demo in the tech demo part of the show.

Verendus

Banned
Wow, this dude has some serious issues with Kagari from the looks of it.

Also, there was never any intentions to show a Final Fantasy title at the PS Meeting. The only thing planned was the tech demo. There wasn't any last minute changes or scrapping of plans. The event was a teaser to get some information out there about Sonys plans, an idea of some of the features, show a few games, and build some hype.

It did this very successfully. People expecting a massive reveal at an event which Sony wanted to focus on their new console set themselves up for disappointment.

People should just wait now. Nomura himself gave you that tweet or whatever it was (interview snippet?) about a warm spring. You've waited like 6 years, what's some months?

Zeal

Banned

Also, there was never any intentions to show a Final Fantasy title at the PS Meeting. The only thing planned was the tech demo. There wasn't any last minute changes or scrapping of plans. The event was a teaser to get some information out there about Sonys plans, an idea of some of the features, show a few games, and build some hype.

It did this very successfully. People expecting a massive reveal at an event which Sony wanted to focus on their new console set themselves up for disappointment.

People should just wait now. Nomura himself gave you that tweet or whatever it was (interview snippet?) about a warm spring. You've waited like 6 years, what's some months?
lol

Sorry but...get back to the PR department. People may be gullible sometimes, but they ain't stupid.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

You don't think it's odd for a game developer/publisher to go up to a very important conference and not show a trailer or anything about a game? Many of the presenters went up to the stage and showed a trailer of a game and if it wasn't a game it was something new. SE didn't.

a "massive reveal" is a game announced 7 years ago, and of which we've had numerous trailers so far? I'm not sure that qualifies.

Ploid 3.0

Poor Square Enix. I don't feel too bad about them but this all must suck. I no longer want any of their Japan RPGs. I'll probably play FFXIV at some point for 3 months just to give it a shot for other people's sake (ffxi nostalgic friends), but I'm expecting them to really screw that game up again.

Yawnier

Banned

Are you on the Square-Enix payroll? Your post reads like something I would see posted by a CM or somebody else.

The one thing about this rumor that really bothers me is the part where he says FFXV is in it's infancy right now. That can't be true. The only team at square who can work on a big main series game like FFXV hasn't had anything to do since 2008. They have to have been working on it......They HAVE TO.

Also, where are the mods? 7 pages and no duckroll? No nirolak? No Aenea? WHAT IS GOING ON.

Chrono Cross > Chrono Trigger.

Come at me.

01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

Chrono Trigger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chrono Cross

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Poor Square Enix. I don't feel too bad about them but this all must suck. I no longer want any of their Japan RPGs. I'll probably play FFXIV at some point for 3 months just to give it a shot for other people's sake (ffxi nostalgic friends), but I'm expecting them to really screw that game up again.

If there is a party the least deserving to receive a "poor them" treatment it's Square Enix.

Chrono Trigger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chrono Cross

For me, nope.

Especially in the music department.

Spongebob

Banned
Both of the posts in the original OP are 100% bullshit fabrication. I will be so glad when Versus is finally shown so all of these freaks can stop coming out of the woodwork with so-called insider info.

This elusive game has created far too many know-it-alls looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
The irony.

Soriku

Weird rumors to be honest. The first poster's rumors are so vague they could really mean anything, and the second's are almost too specific. Plus, that second poster seems so spiteful towards Kagari. Could be a banned Gaffer just trying to stir up shit for all we know.

Not to give credibility to these rumors but rumors are always going to appear too vague or too specific, even the ones that are true.

Knowing they have to ship and market something that has almost no chance at making their money back must suck.

Can't imagine how management let this happen immediately after seeing how FF13 struggled to get done.

Nope, CC > CT.

CT and FFVI are overrated.

this I'll give you, at least. both games are "good, but not great" for me.

as for Cross, all I have to say is that when Konami of all people manages to completely embarass square with the "cast of thousands" concept not once but twice that gen (with suikoden and suikoden II) it might not be their best effort.

She is pretty.

Why did I let my curiosity get to me?

oh my. thread officially derailed.

Verendus

Banned
Hey, I'm just telling you it's best not to engage in wild theories.

And I don't know why Zeal is so hostile towards me. What little information he knows of Versus XIII (and it is very little by the way, and nothing I haven't already said elsewhere) I pretty much told him and he was over the moon in response. I don't know how he's managed to secure some special sources in a manner of two to three weeks since then to all of a sudden know what is happening behind the scenes at the PS Meeting. Since I didn't mention when it'd be announced, I'm not surprised he was teasing a reveal and then it backfired on him. Probably best to ignore him.

Use some common sense too. PS Meeting was basically SCEs biggest Playstation event in years. Do you really think it wasn't planned and content confirmed? And of all things, a trailer? Do you think the dude went on stage last minute and was told he can't show the trailer due to a change of plans? Or they didn't know a week or two weeks or three weeks before if Sony needed them on stage? Come on now, give Square Enix and Sony some credit. They're not oompa loompas.

If I was you guys, I just wouldn't believe anything and wait. What's the harm in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom