• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Very Impressive Nintendo focused Collection

Whats more impressive is how clean and organized everything is. I see allot of huge game collection rooms that just look disgusting and anxiety inducing. They always just come off as sad. But this is just plain bad ass. Great wood work, organization and modern looking. Impressive indeed.

Carnby

When ever I think I have a video game collecting problem, I just remind myself some people are far worse than me.

prateeko

Gnnnnahh. That's so beautiful. The organization.....

Sure hope that's locked in a fireproof room with a huge insurance policy

Sgblues

Nice, so damn nice.

Think if I ever get to collect as much games and systems, I'm just gonna spring for the cash and build an underground, emp shielding-lined bunker to house them in.

Takao

Banned
He also has no Wii, PS3 or x360 so what is your point?

Based on his game collection shelf, he owns a PS3 and 360.

Oh, and he has multiple Gamecubes. Get some duct tape and you have yourself a Wii!
w6YQWUZ.png

It was a joke, jeeze.

edit: I originally missed it, but he has his Wii games on a high shelf in the first pic.

system11

When ever I think I have a video game collecting problem, I just remind myself some people are far worse than me.

I know an arcade collector who dug foundations alongside his parents house (on his own with a spade) and then had an extension built just to house more games, in addition to the ones filling the spare lounge, both garages, etc. This guy is normal compared to a lot of my friends.

Astra

That's awesome. It's organized in such an aesthetically pleasing manner.

I couldn't do it, though. If I had a collection like that, it'd be sealed in a concrete bunker. I'd be way too paranoid about a fire, or some natural disaster wiping it all out.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
that, my friends, is the stuff of dreams

I can just imagine these children growing up surrounded by amazing Nintendo games, learning to appreciate gaming in the best way possible, and becoming Nintendo fans. Thanks, mr Norton, for making this world a better place *sniif*

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow, that's a fantastic setup. It's not just the quantity of games, it's that he's got it organized so well so that it actually looks good. Pretty much the ultimate hang-out spot for people into games.

Slermy

The real shocker is that he acquired most of that IN FOUR YEARS.

FOUR!

"About four years ago I discovered online classic gaming forums," he continued. "I was amazed at the amount of people who were still passionate about these dusty old systems and games. This really sparked my interest. From there I began searching out games online at thrift stores and garage sales.

Dandalf

Neo Member
You know Nintendo fucked up when even their super fans don't own a Wii U.

FJY6kG6.gif

But seriously - this is a great collection. The N64 display is great.

I still remember the marketing for those versions. I was REALLY close to buying (asking my mom for) the green one.

Kinda wish I would have now...

Grizzo

It's impressive because it doesn't look like some sort of collector cave and actually looks great.

I know right? Just add a comfy couch in front of that CRT TV and maybe a mini-fridge, and I'd be ready to spend a whole month there just going through that impressive collection.

(well I may also need an empty bucket or two)

Seriously though, that's awesome. These kids are gonna grow up playing all the classic game from the 16-32 bits era. It doesn't get any better than that.

I always wonder how much money you have to be earning to spend this much on videogames.

I find my 150 game PS2/PS3/360/PS4/Vita collection to be excessive.

Soulflarz

Banned
I always wonder how much money you have to be earning to spend this much on videogames.

I find my 150 game PS2/PS3/360/PS4/Vita collection to be excessive.
Edit: sorry for day old bump :/
Try doing it on $550 a year (I dont work)
I still have 150+ current (er last) gen games if we count handhelds too

So its actually...
Well yeah. Its pricey. But it isnt nearly the price youre assuming. Lots of games go really cheap

Cipherr

No they aren't. A collecter like that would never let those kids touch that stuff, photo ops aside. They'll just remember a father that forbade them from being in the fun room and for choosing to love games more than them.

Source for the part where he treats his kids like crap?

molnizzle

How is it gross, exactly?

"Collecting" is basically just PR-speak for "hoarding." Both are illogical, compulsive behaviors that can ultimately become unhealthy if left unchecked. Our species evolved to have these tendencies ingrained in us after thousands of years of hoarding food during times of scarcity, but there is no reason to give in to every animalistic instinct — particularly those that are no longer applicable in our modern society.

More importantly though, it makes your house look bad. lol

I can understand why some people try to collect every released game for a system, for completion's sake, but personally I would never do that. I only want to own the games that I consider worth playing, which is a significantly smaller number of titles.

Sendou

"Collecting" is basically just PR-speak for "hoarding." Both are illogical, compulsive behaviors that can ultimately become unhealthy if left unchecked. Our species evolved to have these tendencies ingrained in us after thousands of years of hoarding food during times of scarcity, but there is no reason to give in to every animalistic instinct — particularly those that are no longer applicable in our modern society.

More importantly though, it makes your house look bad. lol

What if it makes you happy though?

Anth0ny

That room is a thing of beauty.

I just re-organized by room/collection over the weekend, and I thought what I managed to put together looked good. ha!

IrishNinja

beautiful, both the N64 display & the sega closet (lacking saturn stuff but wow @ that genesis collection), also the NP display is pretty classy. i like how he constructed the custom portable shelves (seen that on here/elsewhere before), came out great! i personally prefer UGC's for loose carts but his are super well kept/accessible and that's what matters

VrWTonh.png

'Ello Guvna

hahaha

Top Bottom