• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VF.tv rocks the house

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Most of you probably haven't played VF5 in the arcades yet, but VF.tv is just so damn sweet I find it hard to go back to Tekken 5, where Tekken Live is pretty much featureless by comparison. There are a lot of cool programs they have on VF.tv right now too. They have The Combo Show, where they show off combos pulled off by players in mid-match (complete with replays in slow motion to see how to do them), Player Introductions and standard match replays (see pics below), and one feature that I don't know the name of that I like to call "The Ownage!" Basically, they take one match where someone got owned hardcore and show it nationally :lol The beatdowns are usually so bad that the name of the guy who's getting owned is usually blocked out so you can't see it.

I think the most useful segment are on the two new characters, Eileen and El Blaze. They actually have segments where they show you some of their useful moves and launchers, and then they show you some example combos that you can use, as well as setups.

I'm hoping that Sega pulls something awesome off on the PS3, and they somehow implement VF.tv into the game. It'd be a really awesome segment that would make me feel less pissed off about any lack of online play

dcf0117py9.jpg

dcf0124bu4.jpg

P.S. These are pics of my character. Yeah, shut up about the win rate, I'd like to see any of you guys do better (Srider is the exception)!

Shinobi

Reno said:
...and one feature that I don't know the name of that I like to call "The Ownage!" Basically, they take one match where someone got owned hardcore and show it nationally :lol The beatdowns are usually so bad that the name of the guy who's getting owned is usually blocked out so you can't see it.

:lol :lol :lol That's a laugh riot.

Sega's building some sort of network scheme up for their Gamework centers over here. With any luck it'll mean VF5 showing up in those locations sometime next year, as well as the Playdium locations in Canada.

Bebpo

Banned
Those videos are pretty amazing. Would be nice if the PS3 version had a VF.NET option where you could watch either arcade matches on the fly or matches taking place on other PS3's around the world. Unlike online gameplay, it wouldn't matter if there was a slight lag/delay.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Reno said:
Most of you probably haven't played VF5 in the arcades yet, but VF.tv is just so damn sweet I find it hard to go back to Tekken 5, where Tekken Live is pretty much featureless by comparison. There are a lot of cool programs they have on VF.tv right now too. They have The Combo Show, where they show off combos pulled off by players in mid-match (complete with replays in slow motion to see how to do them), Player Introductions and standard match replays (see pics below), and one feature that I don't know the name of that I like to call "The Ownage!" Basically, they take one match where someone got owned hardcore and show it nationally :lol The beatdowns are usually so bad that the name of the guy who's getting owned is usually blocked out so you can't see it.

I think the most useful segment are on the two new characters, Eileen and El Blaze. They actually have segments where they show you some of their useful moves and launchers, and then they show you some example combos that you can use, as well as setups.

I'm hoping that Sega pulls something awesome off on the PS3, and they somehow implement VF.tv into the game. It'd be a really awesome segment that would make me feel less pissed off about any lack of online play

dcf0117py9.jpg

dcf0124bu4.jpg

P.S. These are pics of my character. Yeah, shut up about the win rate, I'd like to see any of you guys do better (Srider is the exception)!

You're a Lion fag. Thus, you deserve all the abuse you get.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Actually, I use Lion, Wolf and Pai (don't have a card for the last one, just seeing how she plays)

dcf_0139.jpg

dcf_0140.jpg

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I await the day to play VF5. I think I'll take this one seriously and actually try to master a fighter instead of being merely ok with everyone. Can't wait!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Is it true Sega is considering implementing online play for PS3 VF5?

Top Bottom