• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VFX_Veteran got a PS5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFXVeteran

Banned
What's up Sony-peeps!! I had to break down and get me one! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Zn6lViJ.jpg

Why you ask??

Sony has impressed me throughout the years with their exclusive titles that cater to my own personality. I love several of their games from the studios that have good talent! But there are two main reasons I pulled the plug and got one:

1) I'm a very impatient fella and I just can't wait for some of the exclusive games to come on the PC! While it's up in the air which ones will land on the PC, I have grown too eager to play some of the hits. I was going to wait on Ghosts but who knows when that will arrive, so I had to buy it. I am a Japan-loving samurai nut and I couldn't wait any longer! One of my ex-coworkers that works at Sucker Punch would NOT tell me if it was going to be ported to PC, so I gave up asking. Demon Souls will probably kick my ass so I don't see finishing that game up at all. But I was tired of looking at compressed youtube videos of the game and want to experience it for myself.

2) There are several reviewers out there like NXGamer and DF that do very good analysis of games on the consoles. They have the equipment to pixel count and evaluate graphics features for their respective employers. But I like to examine games on my own using my own experience and can probably shed more light on some of the tricky techniques implemented in these games.

Lastly, my friend who used to work for ND got picked up by Sony - the company to work with several studios. He also had an influence on convincing me to pick up one!:messenger_beaming:

So there you have it! I now have the entire videogame sandbox. With PC (compatible with the Xbox) and PS5, I should be well prepared to experience what this generation has to offer.

Cheers!

P.S. Can the PS5 controller work on a PC? It is totally bad-ass!

Kuranghi

Yes, install DS4Windows for maximum functionality wired or wireless - https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases - you can remap the gyro, touchpad, lightbar and buttons to many other functions. If you have trouble with it showing Xbox prompts in games that say they support the Dualshock 4/Dualsense, then PM me and I'll tell you how to fix it.

Here is a list for DS4 support but if the game came out after PS5 it may well support Dualsense too -- https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_DualShock_4

Last edited:

Piggoro

Congratulations!
And I'd be quite interested to hear your future opinions on different aspects of PS5 games as actual PS5 user/player.

Last edited:

What are you smoking, this guy cant even make a YT video.
Would you guys like to share your resumes online? I mean go right ahead if you'd like to embarrass yourselves. Vfx has his resume posted on here and linkedin of anyone would like a look. Pretty sure he's way more qualified than all of us, plus insider into... Doubters can keep doubting, yet can't refute any of the facts brought to the table. But carry along...

mansoor1980

Would you guys like to share your resumes online? I mean go right ahead if you'd like to embarrass yourselves. Vfx has his resume posted on here and linkedin of anyone would like a look. Pretty sure he's way more qualified than all of us, plus insider into... Doubters can keep doubting, yet can't refute any of the facts brought to the table. But carry along...
just kidding , have fun VFX DUDE

Yup, just hold the PS button + "share" until the lights flash, then add it as a bluetooth device, the compatibility is pretty impressive, I use it for old games that require d-pad (and my 360 controllers are getting old in the tooth).

Also, if you use a USB cable to plug it in the mic will work as such on Windows (but not wirelessly).

The guy doesnt even know that his PS5 is upside down, you cant make this shit up lol. He once said he could make better videos than Digital Foundry and that he will. Yeah nobody gave a shit about that and he was booed off the forum.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The guy doesnt even know that his PS5 is upside down, you cant make this shit up lol. He once said he could make better videos than Digital Foundry and that he will. Yeah nobody gave a shit about that and he was booed off the forum.
To be fair even Hermen Hulst couldn’t figure it out.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Finally! I hope you will stop shitting on those games just because they are on consoles and enjoy them.

Demon's Souls and Ghost of Tsushima are excellent choices. Then God Of War, Bloodborne and Spider-Man.

Play as a magic user in Demon Souls if you are worried about the difficulty, more fun and easier.

Banned

use DS4Windows
you can even set some Trigger Effects. you can have a click at the end, which can be used to simulate something like the Triggers of a GameCube controller for GC Emulation

just make sure to turn off the ridiculous "anti dead zone" setting... set it to 0, it completely fucks with your aim in shooters and generally your inputs.

Last edited:

Banned
Where do you get it? Got lucky ? Scalpers?

if you look for them they are actually not that hard to get. you just have to be fast and know retail stores around you, maybe go there and ask them when they will get a new batch.

a friend of mine got one from gamestop, he just asked when they will get a new batch, and the guy told him. but he only could reserve one on the day they get them, so he called the exact second the guy told him to call in on, and he got one 1st try.

Jimbo's plan is working! PC gamers are getting tempted by those hot PS exclusives now that they've had a taste of a few on PC and the power compels them to grab a PS5!

:LOL:

Excited to hear your thoughts VFXVeteran VFXVeteran The controller really is amazing with AstroBot. Not every game needs to be the absolute highest pixel rendering version possible! This gen is probably better than any other in terms of having great framerates and resolution.

I'm sightly jealous that you'll have a 60 fps first play through of Ghost of Tsushima. The PS5 port is magnificent.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
if you look for them they are actually not that hard to get. you just have to be fast and know retail stores around you, maybe go there and ask them when they will get a new batch.

a friend of mine got one from gamestop, he just asked when they will get a new batch, and the guy told him. but he only could reserve one on the day they get them, so he called the exact second the guy told him to call in on, and he got one 1st try.
Nah I’m too lazy to leave the house to get one lol I can wait to order one online..

Pedro Motta

Great! Now you can enjoy having some unbiased opinions. Seeing the games live and experiencing them is different from watching youtube movies. Ghost of Tsushima is ONE HELL OF A GAME. (but play God of War next)

From someone who's worked on some of the most monumental films of our time, and has dived do into gaming, I feel like this is going to be one amazing/epic deep dive! Congrats VFXVeteran VFXVeteran for securing a ps5 and gonna give us an analysis of some next gen games! 💪💪💪

Please no.

He is biased towards technical side of things. Doesnt care about art style.

Its a different type of fanboyism and has nothing to do with securing a ps5.

Calling some amazing looking games "last gen" (which is a derogatory term) doesnt help.

Edit: oh i forgot!

Congrats on your PS5.

Last edited:

SubZer0

Banned
What's up Sony-peeps!! I had to break down and get me one! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Zn6lViJ.jpg

Why you ask??

Sony has impressed me throughout the years with their exclusive titles that cater to my own personality. I love several of their games from the studios that have good talent! But there are two main reasons I pulled the plug and got one:

1) I'm a very impatient fella and I just can't wait for some of the exclusive games to come on the PC! While it's up in the air which ones will land on the PC, I have grown too eager to play some of the hits. I was going to wait on Ghosts but who knows when that will arrive, so I had to buy it. I am a Japan-loving samurai nut and I couldn't wait any longer! One of my ex-coworkers that works at Sucker Punch would NOT tell me if it was going to be ported to PC, so I gave up asking. Demon Souls will probably kick my ass so I don't see finishing that game up at all. But I was tired of looking at compressed youtube videos of the game and want to experience it for myself.

2) There are several reviewers out there like NXGamer and DF that do very good analysis of games on the consoles. They have the equipment to pixel count and evaluate graphics features for their respective employers. But I like to examine games on my own using my own experience and can probably shed more light on some of the tricky techniques implemented in these games.

Lastly, my friend who used to work for ND got picked up by Sony - the company to work with several studios. He also had an influence on convincing me to pick up one!:messenger_beaming:

So there you have it! I now have the entire videogame sandbox. With PC (compatible with the Xbox) and PS5, I should be well prepared to experience what this generation has to offer.

Cheers!

Congratulation 👏👏👏 have Fun

VFXVeteran

Banned
I just took it out the box and snapped a pic. But if you want to think I'm so dumb.. carry on! I never said I would make a video of a Sony game. I said I will do my own "internal" evaluations. And yea, I like this bad boy..sorry!:messenger_bicep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom