• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG Tech] Dark Souls 3 PS5 Frame Rate Test ( Backwards Compatibility)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

The version tested was 1.15.

Dark Souls 3 on PS5 renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080.

PlatformsPS5
Frame Amounts
Game Frames44110
Video Frames44118
Frame Tearing Statistics
Total Torn Frames0
Lowest Torn Line-
Frame Height1080
Frame Time Statistics
Mean Frame Time16.67ms
Median Frame Time16.67ms
Maximum Frame Time83.33ms
Minimum Frame Time16.67ms
95th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms
99th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms
Frame Rate Statistics
Mean Frame Rate59.99fps
Median Frame Rate60fps
Maximum Frame Rate60fps
Minimum Frame Rate56fps
5th Percentile Frame Rate60fps
1st Percentile Frame Rate60fps
Frame Time Counts
16.67ms44107 (99.99%)
33.33ms1 (0%)
66.67ms1 (0%)
83.33ms1 (0%)
Other
Dropped Frames0
Runt Frames0
Runt Frame Thresholds20 rows

I'm guessing it used to be 30FPs till it received an update. Still i wish it was a native port because that would allow the resolution to be even higher. Pretty solid performance IMO.

On pc ds3 is very gpu heavy. Could not run on 4k60 even on 2070.
But 1080p60 should be easy
Exactly, regardless if it's in BC mode. This shouldn't be an issue @ 1080p. Although it doesn't drop often, or much at all, so that's good.

Last edited:

Thief1987

It drops two times in cutscene on camera cuts, that's all. In gameplay it's absolutely locked 60, beside 1 dropped frame, where nothing really happens on the screen, which may be just vsync bug or streaming hitch. And looks like he even tried to stress test the GPU with heavy alpha effects close to camera, dozen of enemies on the screen, etc., and still framerate doesn't budge.

Shmunter

Man gonna have to Git Gud at the series. Still have not picked up Demons remastered on PS5 because I’m totally clueless here

Md Ray

Exactly, regardless if it's in BC mode. This shouldn't be an issue @ 1080p. Although it doesn't drop often, or much at all, so that's good.
GPU clocks are most likely pared back in BC mode. Native app doesn't have that issue.

Or it's probably entirely unrelated to GPU in the case of DS3.
fE5FFPX.png

Last edited:

Soodanim

No one is going to miss 3 frames.

60fps is the way to play Souls, no doubt about it. If you haven't played DS3 at 60fps, I can't imagine it at anything less. It'll be worth another play through

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
RX 5700 XT outperforms the RTX 2070 Super, PS5 is faster than the 5700XT even with fewer CUs.
That's a wrong statement. We don't know how fast the gpu itself is. It comes in as 2060 or 2080 depending on the game

MrSec84

That's a wrong statement. We don't know how fast the gpu itself is. It comes in as 2060 or 2080 depending on the game
No it's not, the 5700XT outperforms the RTX 2070 Super and the PS5 has much more efficient GPU architecture, running at a faster clock speed.

What part of his comment made you think he was complaining? Do you think you being surprised at something is the same as complaining about it?
It really wasn't even a complaint, agreed. I even commended the solid overall framerate abd performance. Just expected a rock solid 60 fps @ 1080p is all.

Top Bottom