• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG tech : Immortals Fenix Rising PS5 vs XSX

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Xbox will soon release the kraken 12 TERAFLOPS! Any time now...
The most powerful/performant console with the best games in the industry.
Seems a xbox fan is allreday getting his tools ready for another beat down🤣
Wow, great catch. On top of having higher resolution and better frame-rate, PS5 even has better effects work.
The blurriness of the background trees and their worse shadows on XsX is clear in second gif.
Those games don't count, we only start keeping score from when Microsoft wins one.

It's coming, Soonish. "lollipop_disappointed:
200.gif

Weird how this is basically mentioned no where?

People still believe it’s better to play on PS5? Delusional af.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It would be easy to prove. Post a screenshot where the armor shadow is going a different direction.

No need to get to kindergarten level, with all due respect. The proof is there you only to see the reflection of the torch that is facing here from the side that is casting those missing shadows from her hair, pants, and other parts on XSX.

Three

Gold Member
They became invalid when the Series X wasn't the clear winner.

Rewind about two months ago, all the Xbox fandom was salivating at the prospect of laughing at the comparisons.

Now launch cross-gen tiles are invalid for .....reasons?
Two months ago:

PS5 Doesn't have HW raytracing.
PS5 is RDNA 1.5.
PS5 is 18% to 40% weaker, a whole PS4!
PS5 doesn't even exist, they aren't ready to launch.
PS5 doesn't have SFS, VRS, random buzzword.
Sony are so quiet because they don't have these things/are beat, They would shout from the rooftops if they did.
Sony didn't send out consoles because they don't want to be compared, can't wait for DF comparisons!

Now:
The XSX tools aren't ready. Give it time bro.

Last edited:
Two months ago:

PS5 is RDNA 1.5.
Sony are so quiet because they don't have these things/are beat, They would shout from the rooftops if they did.
Sony didn't send out consoles because they don't want to be compared, can't wait for DF comparisons!

Now:
Damn this honestly is 100% accurate . People who talk about tools now were same ones few weeks back shitting on ps5 with so many things and were saying ps fans better stay away from DF threads. Karma is a bitch 😅

Max_Po

Banned
Two months ago:

PS5 is RDNA 1.5.

Now:

You forgot PS5 is only 8.9 TFlops and Cerny Panicked and overclocked at last min to come up as close to 12.2 tflops.

II_JumPeR_I

U r just a tad salty bud . Ps5 is better . Get used to it or have tough next 7 years . There are other factors u can enjoy with your box .

Xsx is lower resolution and has lower frame average (slightly) and has missing shadows everywhere on the main character . It is definition of being a worse version and a bug that shakes the camera slightly doesn't change the inferior version that is xsx compared to ps5.
Is this post for real??
Its not like that all Ubi games are a bit rough this year...
PS5 is NOT better. But keep believing.

Immortals already froze and crashed for me on SeriesX...
Its another game that needs some fixes.

Is this post for real??
Its not like that all Ubi games are a bit rough this year...
PS5 is NOT better. But keep believing.

Immortals already froze and crashed for me on SeriesX...
Its another game that needs some fixes.
It is real. That's the reality of matter . We don't live in an alternate reality where we keep bringing excuses. As it stands it runs better on ps5 with proven facts.

it has higher resolution , higher mean frames and more details on the character .

That my friend is called better version . Thats the reality of matter instead of making up excuses . Ps5 version IS the better version based on facts .

II_JumPeR_I

It is real. That's the reality of matter . We don't live in an alternate reality where we keep bringing excuses. As it stands it runs better on ps5 with proven facts.

it has higher resolution , higher mean frames and more details on the character .

That my friend is called better version . Thats the reality of matter instead of making up excuses . Ps5 version IS the better version based on facts .
Without this comparison you wouldnt know shit, kid. PS5 is not the better version....

But i guess this is totally unpleasing to look at:

Uiiy4Ah.jpg

I really have to avoid this comparison topics. Way too immature and childish.

Without this comparison you wouldnt know shit, kid. PS5 is not the better version....

Uiiy4Ah.jpg

Lol keep living in denial bud. But don't expect us to live in that alternate reality with you . Ps5 is better version slightly . Thats the reality. Have fun though. That doesn't mean u can't have fun with ur version and differences are slight .

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned

Uiiy4Ah.jpg

This statement applies to 99% of all comparisons that DF did in the last decade. Also this thread is dedicated for discussions about these technical differences. Why angry now? Just stop visiting such threads. PS5 will win some faceoffs, XSX will win others but all in all these consoles were never this close in performance.

thelastword

Banned
At least this time Craig didn't use his lawnmower.

8-0
Borderlands 3
Watchdogs Legion (once they fix the missing puddles in reflections bug)
Observer: System Redux

Fortnite, NBA2K1 and No Man's Sky have the typical extra of shorter loading times and DualSense features on PS5, but I don't know if there are technical comparisions.

But to be fair, in many cases the results are pretty tied and in a few games Series X has a lead in some area (as I remember VRR still not implemented in PS5 and a few extra fps in some areas in 120fps mode, so during a few years almost nobody is going to appreaciate this), and in some cases as happened on DMCV or ACV most differences are due to rushed launch for development, so after a few patches both versions will be pretty similar.

But well, there are 0 games where we can see the supposed '18% (up to 40% according to some crazy folks) more GPU power' on XSX or anything similar. And this is before they start taking advantage of Geometry Engine and Oodle Texture, we may see a bigger PS5 lead in future games or at least to remove this small XSX lead in some area/case.

The shorter XSX load times are only in BC games. In BC games, PS5 shortens the PS4 Pro loading times in a bigger % than the XSX shortens the XB1X ones.

But since XB1X was way more powerful than PS4 Pro, the XB1X had way shorter loading times than PS4 Pro in several games. So even if PS5 did a better job cutting loading times, XSX loading times were shorter than the PS5 ones for these BC games.

(Native next gen version where available) ACV, DMCVSE, Dirt 5, Watchdogs Legion, Inmortal Fenyx Rising, COD CW, Borderland 3, Fortnite, NBA2K21 and No Man's Sky (all the multi next gen where I found loading time comparisions, I think Observer, MK11 and Haven are the missing ones) have shorter loading times in PS5. So I think it's fair to say all next gen multi games have shorter loading times on PS5.
So better Ambient Occlusion on PS5, another thing DF missed again, because it was the PS version.

maybe but elanalystradebits is not a reliable source

they often give incorrect information
These shots are direct feeds from the console to a video, these are pics from that video, how is he misleading. He may have gotten a few things wrong, but a bigger tech channel makes it a habit of getting things wrong and obfuscating details. The pics that was posted clearly shows a difference in AO quality and not only from Analista's video either.......So if he doctored those shots, I guess VGtech doctored their footage video too. Let's not condemn when it's not necessary....

Some people only accept things when DF says it, if DF didn't say it, it didn't happen, imagine if that was out go-to.....Some guy was even questioning VGtech's reliability vs DF the last time......Hard stats don't lie, video evidence don't lie. If Analista says something, we can prove it wrong in his video, if there is a missing effect we can see it plainly ourselves, we don't need DF to tell us or confirm, when they are the biggest proponents of selective eagle eyed syndrome......

kuncol02

Banned

Stuttering is hundred times worse than screen tearing and lower FPS and no one is talking about that. For me it disqualify that version from even considering it (at least untill they fix it). That's one of few thinks that makes me unable to play games. Literally. I get headache when I try to play games that stutter.

Rea

You seem to have a simplistic idea of how shadows work, with all due respect. Have you seen shadows in real life? You can have different shadows from different light sources. Her ground shadow is produced by the moon, her pants or whatever that is is casting a shadow from the torch on the left facing here (not the one on the back of course). Xbox have that fixed shadow from the moon, no dynamic shadow from the torch. You see the torch from the reflection of here metallic parts.
You're right about different shadows casting from different directions of light source but I'm not so sure about ps5 having used dynamic shadows. I believe both uses fixed baked shadows but ps5 has better Ambient Occlusion for soft shadows.

Correction: character shadows appear to be real time, but objects shadows such as trees are fixed shadows in both consoles but PS5 still has better AO.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
We know.

You can be a 9tf warrior all you want now but instead of getting banned you end up looking like a tool.
I would have expected better from you GHG.

Both sides are as bad as each other. Two wrongs don't make a right

• Empathy
Reactions: GHG

Leyasu

Banned
U miss shitting on ps5 with downclocking and inferior power comments , don't you ? Be honest 😅😅

Again in few weeks no one will care that much and all will he back to normal but what u see now is what u guys brought upon urselves haha
I don't shit on anything(except for fanboys). My post history is available for anyone with the time on their hands to look through.

I miss decent conversations about games though. The first page of the gaming section is a celebration of fanboyism and console warring.

GHG

Gold Member
I would have expected better from you GHG.

Both sides are as bad as each other. Two wrongs don't make a right

download.jpg

If you didn't complain when people were running around the forum ruining threads with TF wars and spreading a ton of fabricated bullshit then you can't complain now.

Read through this thread as a prime example:

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
So better Ambient Occlusion on PS5, another thing DF missed again, because it was the PS version.

These shots are direct feeds from the console to a video, these are pics from that video, how is he misleading. He may have gotten a few things wrong, but a bigger tech channel makes it a habit of getting things wrong and obfuscating details. The pics that was posted clearly shows a difference in AO quality and not only from Analista's video either.......So if he doctored those shots, I guess VGtech doctored their footage video too. Let's not condemn when it's not necessary....

Some people only accept things when DF says it, if DF didn't say it, it didn't happen, imagine if that was out go-to.....Some guy was even questioning VGtech's reliability vs DF the last time......Hard stats don't lie, video evidence don't lie. If Analista says something, we can prove it wrong in his video, if there is a missing effect we can see it plainly ourselves, we don't need DF to tell us or confirm, when they are the biggest proponents of selective eagle eyed syndrome......
I wasn't talking about those screens, but about the resolution, the framerate ... he got it wrong quite a few times when comparing his information with that of DF, VG TECH and NXG.

That's why I say it's unreliable, to base it on.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Maybe you should read the OP and stop being so bitter?

"PS5 in Performance Mode currently has a bug that causes stuttering unrelated to the games frame rate.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
U miss shitting on ps5 with downclocking and inferior power comments , don't you ? Be honest 😅😅

Again in few weeks no one will care that much and all will he back to normal but what u see now is what u guys brought upon urselves haha
Hell, I'm starting to not care now, lmao.

I think I got all the crow serving out my system.

Maybe... :devilish:

Klayzer

download.jpg

If you didn't complain when people were running around the forum ruining threads with TF wars and spreading a ton of fabricated bullshit then you can't complain now.

Read through this thread as a prime example:

TFlops tables got turned, games is the only thing that matters now. The goalposts will change again. Its hard to keep track of all the flip-floping going on with Team Green.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

sn0man

It's too bad. The game is actually great fun. Aside from the stuttering issue which hopefully gets patched, this is GOTY contender for me so far, granted I'm only 4 hours in.
Dude! You can’t catch a break.

Well I bought both consoles, but I did buy most of these damn games for the wrong one. Will need to rethink my 3rd party strategy.

I don’t know that I could stand this if I had both consoles this early in the generation.

are you liking the force feedback on the dual sense controller at least?

mitchman

Gold Member
Well that's strange since XSX has a few extra tflops. Maybe the dev tools are not optimized?
More likely the hardware utilization is suboptimal. CU going unused, CPU with no unified L3 cache among the 2 CCX, no GPU cache scrubbers causing frequent GPU stalls and higher bandwidth use. You know, all the typical problems on PC up until recently. On PC, brute force has been the name of the game.

Top Bottom