• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG Tech] Outriders PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Test

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Af requires memory bandwidth. Since PC's don't share between cpu and GPU they usually have an abundance. Consoles share bandwidth so af could effect performance more on them.
Too bad the high memory bandwdith of the XSX is limited to 10GB, then the drop down to last gen bandwidth begins.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Reduced physics on ps5 if those videos are valid. I saw similar stuff in the demo but thought it must have been patched on the retail release.

Deffo better hair physics on xbox there.

I think the reduced hair physics must be down to the fluctuating speeds of the ps5 gpu and slower ram...its obviously a bottleneck......

/s fud

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Reduced physics on ps5 if those videos are valid. I saw similar stuff in the demo but thought it must have been patched on the retail release.

Deffo better hair physics on xbox there.

I think the reduced hair physics must be down to the fluctuating speeds of the ps5 gpu and slower ram...its obviously a bottleneck......

/s fud
I think it was fixed in the demo along with the cloth physics. Does anyone have the game on PS5 to do some tests?

MarveI

Despite the Series X being slightly better than the PS5 in terms of hardware, it's not surprising that PS5 is doing slightly better in terms of optimized games. It'll take a bit of time before devs really get more used to XSS,XSX as it's much easier to work with the PS5 devkit as opposed to the XSS,XSX devkit for obvious reasons. Not sure why MS decided to go a different route there.

That picture is quite telling.

DaGwaphics

not the resolution when it go down to 1080p...

yeah the framerate is mostly fine, not rock solid with hell on screen no matter what fine, but fine nevertheless.

You got me, I hadn't even noticed the 4k mention there. I don't think these are rock-solid 4k 60 machines. :messenger_beaming:

You say "negligible", give me a number so I know why you are calling me name and you sound so knowledgeable... I mean, I said myself that the cost was small, but we don't know exactly what it would mean in the end.

Seriously.
Google is your friend. I don't need to prove easily verifiable claims. Christ, it's like everyone in this thread has completely lost the ability to think for themselves and eats the console warrior shit for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Top Bottom