• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG Tech] Uncharted Legacy of Thieves PS5 Frame Rate Test (Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

The version tested was 1.001.000.

Timestamps:
00:00 - Performance Mode
13:22 - Performance+ Mode
26:44 - Fidelity Mode

PS5 in the 60fps Performance Mode renders at a native resolution of 2560x1440.

PS5 in the 120fps Performance+ Mode renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080.

Performance in the Performance+ Mode can vary slightly run-to-run.

PlatformsPerformance ModePerformance+ ModeFidelity Mode
Frame Amounts
Game Frames480079488423995
Video Frames480259605048026
Frame Tearing Statistics
Total Torn Frames000
Lowest Torn Line---
Frame Height216010802160
Frame Time Statistics
Mean Frame Time16.67ms8.44ms33.36ms
Median Frame Time16.67ms8.33ms33.33ms
Maximum Frame Time50ms33.33ms100ms
Minimum Frame Time16.67ms8.33ms33.33ms
95th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms8.33ms33.33ms
99th Percentile Frame Time16.67ms16.67ms33.33ms
Frame Rate Statistics
Mean Frame Rate59.98fps118.54fps29.98fps
Median Frame Rate60fps120fps30fps
Maximum Frame Rate60fps120fps30fps
Minimum Frame Rate58fps82fps28fps
5th Percentile Frame Rate60fps111fps30fps
1st Percentile Frame Rate59fps103fps29fps
Frame Time Counts
8.33ms0 (0%)93726 (98.78%)0 (0%)
16.67ms47991 (99.97%)1152 (1.21%)0 (0%)
25ms0 (0%)4 (0%)0 (0%)
33.33ms14 (0.03%)2 (0%)23979 (99.93%)
50ms2 (0%)0 (0%)0 (0%)
66.67ms0 (0%)0 (0%)14 (0.06%)
100ms0 (0%)0 (0%)2 (0.01%)
Other
Dropped Frames000
Runt Frames000
Runt Frame Thresholds20 rows20 rows20 rows

Cyborg

I didn't want to create a new thread but I'm playing Uncharted 4 (need that platinum) and I want to say what an amazing game. When it launched back in the days I finished it once and I was its ''okay-ish'', It was definitely behind 2 and 3.
But now I'm not sure that this is the case, I think it's better than 3. I love it and I'm one trophy away from Platinum :)

Three

Gold Member
I didn't want to create a new thread but I'm playing Uncharted 4 (need that platinum) and I want to say what an amazing game. When it launched back in the days I finished it once and I was its ''okay-ish'', It was definitely behind 2 and 3.
But now I'm not sure that this is the case, I think it's better than 3. I love it and I'm one trophy away from Platinum :)
You're making me want to replay it. I finished it at launch and bought the Legacy of Thieves collection on launch too but didn't boot it up yet.

Crane

Banned
Makes no sense only 60 gps at 1440p while 120 in 1080p? Delta from 1080p to 1440p are 30% around on the Gpu. Could have been 1600-1800p easily. Unless they cranked some useless settings.

This is what i've been replaying these last couple days. I'm already in New Devon and time just flew by.

I still can't believe this is a 6 year old game.

I honestly miss a new Uncharted game. It's long overdue and i hope someone out there is working in a new one.

Cyborg

You're making me want to replay it. I finished it at launch and bought the Legacy of Thieves collection on launch too but didn't boot it up yet.
I was facing the same dilemma, I'm glad I gave it a chance! It plays so well on PS5, so if you have the time you should give it a try. Just import your older save (if you have it) and activate some cheats to make it easier/more fun.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't get the obsession with using frametimes instead of FPS.
It sounds more professional but it's annoying to read it.
Oh right, 50ms... so that is... ehmm... how many fps... let me calculate. oh dear...

btw. I finished the remaster 4k30 and it played awesome. Dualsense and 3d audio are fantastic!!! plays great for a 30fps game.
Next playthrough will be in 60fps mode or on pc

poodaddy

Man you bumped a six month old technical thread to say you're enjoying a good game. Fucking lame dude.

My next thread: Mario Bros is a good video game.

Belthazar

60fps does wonders to the gunplay, going from the Remasters to 4 was quite jarring.

DonJorginho

Banned
Man you bumped a six month old technical thread to say you're enjoying a good game. Fucking lame dude.

My next thread: Mario Bros is a good video game.
Woah, who shat in your cereal this morning man?

I'd rather someone bump an old thread about a game with their opinion than create an entire thread about it, and especially seeing as this game seemingly didn't get an OT this was the most logical place for Cyborg Cyborg to post his opinion.

At the end of the day this is a discussion forum after all brother :)

Skifi28

I've had a similar experience. I enjoyed it well enough when it first came out, but I was not thrilled. Replaying it now it almost felt like a different game. Sure, 60fps was a big improvement but I don't think it was just that. Perhaps it's the open world fatigue of recent years, it's nice to have an action-packed linear experience again.

Last edited:

DukeNukem00

Banned
I don't get the obsession with using frametimes instead of FPS.
It sounds more professional but it's annoying to read it.
Oh right, 50ms... so that is... ehmm... how many fps... let me calculate. oh dear...

btw. I finished the remaster 4k30 and it played awesome. Dualsense and 3d audio are fantastic!!! plays great for a 30fps game.
Next playthrough will be in 60fps mode or on pc

Frametimes more accurately show how the game actually runs, how it feels to run. If you sample a 2 minute run; one minute runs at 90 frames and the other minute runs at 30, you will get a 60 frame average. But that doesnt tell you that half of the gaming session is shit. You want the 1% to be as high as possible because that shows you how the game behaves 99% of the time. If you have 60 on average but 38 for 1%, now thats a shit gaming experience with A LOT of stutters, that the average doesnt show you

Top Bottom