• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vg247-PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base, final version next summer

I think they've been looking at 2013 for some time now, so not really surprising.

I believe you, but I was under the impression that Durango would launch this Christmas season and that PS4 was behind it.

haha I finished all my math courses in October ^_^

Best thing to do is head to the library and concentrate there for 5 - 8 hours, that's what I used to do, can't get any work done at home with the computer and all.

It's a bit too late for that, since it's 22.00h here. :p And all of my maths stuff is on my iPad, so that probably wouldn't help.

It's going to be interesting to see what Sony has ready for launch. So many of their teams have unannounced projects, so they could have one of the better launches that we've seen. Of course they should clear everything out if they manage to get GT6 ready for that date.

It's going to be interesting to see what Sony has ready for launch. So many of their teams have unannounced projects, so they could have one of the better launches that we've seen. Of course they should clear everything out if they manage to get GT6 ready for that date.

Naughty Dog could make a flagship game. Sucker Punch and especially GG also had a lot of time to make next gen stuff. I think Sony is going to push out with a very strong launch window lineup.

i-Lo

I think they've been looking at 2013 for some time now, so not really surprising.

Yea, if they indeed are planning to launch this year, then it makes sense. The only thing that sort of confuses me then is the reason for the rumour of the final dev kit being shipped this summer. I assume they won't be divulging much if any info about the core specification of the box unless they are absolutely certain of them.

Also, they've kept their secrets well under wrap this time around.

i-Lo

SSM's new IP,GT6:prologue,Kilzone 4,Star Wars 1313,Watch Dogs etc. at launch imagine that.

Given EA is chums with Sony as Activision is with MS, I expect certain EA titles to be shown on PS4 during E3 including sports titles.

B.O.O.M

On the third party front I'm guessing we will see Beyond Good and Evil 2 revealed for both nextbox and PS4 at E3. Going to be sweet

I'm also curious to see the rumored RPG by GG

SToRM

That would be a killer launch, but I think Sony would spread out their games a little bit.
I think so too. Launching that many AAA titles at launch is just too much. I think 1 or maybe 2 is enough and there will probably be some good PSN and 3rd party titles too.

B.O.O.M

I kind of hope Uncharted 4 is a launch title. It'll have been two years since UC3.

Damn time sure goes by fast 0_o feels like it was yesterday

Must be because I played Golden Abyss this year lol got an uncharted dose

ps: I think it's way too early for the next Uncharted. Maybe Fall of 2014. But they can definitely use a teaser for the game to showoff the ps4 hardware

DieH@rd

Banned
I kind of hope Uncharted 4 is a launch title. It'll have been two years since UC3.

Killzone 4 is more likely, Guerilla had more 7-8 months more time. Sony simply NEEDS to have HQ FPS game at launch, especially now when Insomniac stopped making Resistance games.

Baki

Probably Holiday 2014. But Sony will probably have at least one big First Party Title at launch. So that could be LittleBigPlant, Gran Turismo, God of War, KillZone or Uncharted.

B.O.O.M

Probably Holiday 2014. But Sony will probably have at least one big First Party Title at launch. So that could be LittleBigPlant, Gran Turismo, God of War, KillZone or Uncharted.

Ain't gonna be LBP or GOW for sure. MM is done with LBP (Tarsier did a better job with it if not as good of a job with it for vita) and we are getting GOW:A in march this year. No way we will see either of them for PS4 Launch

My money is still on Planetside 2, Sucker Punch game and one of the GG games during the launch period

Globox_82

Banned
Reliable sources.

I still think it will be E3, or maybe week before E3. No way Sony is doing anything to hurt attention on new IP like TLOU. It could easily get lost and forgoten if Sony announced PS4. Not from us, but from guys that don't read forums/sites every day. I am sure Sony wants all focus on TLOU. Then they can switch to PS4. There is a reason why that game is getting released before E3.

For launch I want Evolution's new racing game and Ready at Dawn's New IP. I think they would keep Uncharted 4 and SSM new IP for 6-12 months after launch.
GT6... O_O I R Not E

Naughty Dog launching two games in less than one year? Not going to happen...they will also need time to build a new engine that is free of constraints presented by the PS3...

And why? Is there a law which prevents this? In 2013 their other team will have had 2 years for development, that should be enough. PS Vita also launched with Uncharted, they know how important this series is.

Cyberia

For launch I want Evolution's new racing game and Ready at Dawn's New IP. I think they would keep Uncharted 4 and SSM new IP for 6-12 months after launch.
GT6... O_O I R Not E

RaD is working on a next-gen project for a looooong time now. But then again, they don't have a big team do they?

Baki

Ain't gonna be LBP or GOW for sure. MM is done with LBP (Tarsier did a better job with it if not as good of a job with it for vita) and we are getting GOW:A in march this year. No way we will see either of them for PS4 Launch

My money is still on Planetside 2, Sucker Punch game and one of the GG games during the launch period

I agree, I was just listing the 5M+ sellers that they will definitely select to launch the system with.

Baki

Don't they have two teams now?

But they'd need a good 3 years to make a solid title, especially with a new system. I'd be surprised to see Uncharted 4 at launch.

EDIT: LOL, thought I was replying in a different thread. Sorry for the double post.

Gemüsepizza;46331399 said:
And why? Is there a law which prevents this? In 2013 their other team will have had 2 years for development, that should be enough. PS Vita also launched with Uncharted, they know how important this series is.

I could be wrong, we have to wait for e3. Maybe the "Sony graphics engine" is in advance stages of development? or maybe ND is designing their own engine? Who knows?

Gemüsepizza;46331399 said:

It took ND two years to make games on hardware they were all ready familiar with. Making a new engine and getting used to the new hardware will definitely require them to take some extra time.

Top Bottom