• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGA Announcement : Atlas (MMO)

Joe T.

Call me crazy, but as an MMO fiend waiting for The Next Big Thing™ this may have been the most interesting announcement to come out of the award show, specifically because of the 40,000+ simultaneous players. Curious to see how that winds up working out.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
This looks waaaaaaaaaay more interesting than Sea of Thieves. Seems like the scale would be a hard thing to pull off though.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Looks really ambitious, but given Wildcard's rep with ARK and its abysmal performance, i am not so sure if they can convert that ambition in a game that actually keeps the promises that they are making now.

Miyamoto agrees with me on this:

1307.gif

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
As long as it runs better than ARK I'll try it :p

Melee looks janky as usual for this sort of game, wish someone made a breakthrough in that, it's like they all asprire to have the meh Oblivion/Skyrim style combat systems or something.

Last edited:

Jae Mara

Yeesh, 00:19, can we make some sort of creative law to never use wilhelm scream ever again...please. Regardless looks a bit jank... perahps mostly jank.. probably all jank.. but could be fun.

Hey it's Sea of Thieves with content!

More like Ark, but even messier.

I can't even understand the positive reactions it got. That trailer is a complete mess technically. When I then read it was made by the same guys of Ark and Dark and Light it all made sense.

I guess some people might like that recipe of just putting everything it in without any consideration of quality and game design.

When you aren't good at anything... do everything at once. That's pretty much how Ark works.

ultrazilla

Laughable this game is being compared to Sea of Thieves. Rare vs assholes that released paid DLC for ARK while it was still in early access. Buyer beware. Ark
was/is a hot mess and I'll never support these clowns again.

Singular7

Ark runs flawlessly on a good PC - and one of the most fun games if you go deep with it.

This looks amazing, top of my radar.

God Enel

I was watching the forsen/lirik stream and I haven’t laughed so hard in a while. The bugs. The characters you can create LUL

It was a big shit show but an entertaining one.

And yeah the trailer is promising the best game ever and then the game is a little bit disappointing

Top Bottom