• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGA] Devil May Cry 5 Trailer

Kreydo

Why the game run at 50 hz? Do we have a 60 hz or Turbo mode?

Game look incredibly slow for a DMC.

Last edited:

DonF

Oh man, I won't be able to play this demo. Now the wording..." Play the first demo exclusively". So maybe second demo will release on PC and PS4 too.

Shifty

There's an extended 4 minute version here with a bunch of additional stuff:

Man I can't wait for this. Having the other protagonists fighting alongside you during missions looks radical, Nero's stab-and-rev move from the Echidna fight in 4 coming back, and that's to say nothing of V's gameplay. Slow-paced demon summoning looks like it could be pretty rad, and there are elements of Vergil from 4SE in there like the (now mandatory) slow walking and cane teleport. Also that panther thing is a shadow from DMC1, fuck yes.

Dante going to take Cerberus for a walk is amazing too. I wonder if that means the demon weapons from past games revert to their original forms after their respective endings, or whether Dante is just talking to a set of offscreen nunchaku in that scene. I'm entertained by the idea of having to keep Cerberus as a pet in his own dungeon.

Also, that brief cut at the end looks like Dante's Perfect DT from the DMC4 concept art. Looks like they're going all-in on bridging everything together at last.

Oh man, I won't be able to play this demo. Now the wording..." Play the first demo exclusively". So maybe second demo will release on PC and PS4 too.
I spotted that too, here's hoping.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Finally 60fps good quality versions. Game looks great!

The dialogue sounds/looks off, what's the original lip sync language, English or Japanese? To know if either would look a little better.

Last edited:

Shifty

Updated post #4 with the official 4K60 version of the new trailer. Some of the particle effects were slaughtering the encode in that first version :messenger_face_screaming:

Shifty

The cameo system sounds rad, the latest entry in the emerging 'lite multiplayer' genre Dark souls popularized.

I was kind of hoping for a "one more thing, campaign co-op is supported!" after seeing the other characters fight in those missions, but this is also cool. Looking forward to seeing some style beasts go to work first-hand (second-hand?) when the game's been out for a few weeks.

Also this is probably thread-worthy since it's a new feature reveal. I might post a thread up tomorrow if nobody else gets there first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom