• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGA] Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The way it looked I thought it was gonna be HD editions of the old games before the 3 showed up. Hope it's meaty and good and not a mobile port.

Last edited:

CyberTRex

Neo Member
Spent so many hours with the first two Ultimate Alliance game and X-men Legends. Looking foreword towards Ultimate Alliance 3 news.

Da-Kid

The way it looked I thought it was gonna be HD editions of the old games before the 3 showed up. Hope it's meaty and good and not a mobile port.
A port of a mobile game? Really? Why would you even assume that when there exists no other version of this game....

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
A port of a mobile game? Really? Why would you even assume that when there exists no other version of this game....
Cos it looked a bit low effort, I mean, there have been examples of developers supposedly announcing something like a super hardcore exclusive to PC sequel but you can see something is off from the start and then just a bit post release they announce it for consoles and you're going, oh right, so they always intended to do that and that's why this and that feature is this way and not that way and what not.

Could be a case like that. We'll see. Why is it weird that I hope it's not a case like that?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I’m so excited for this. My son looked at me and said looks like you are borrowing my switch when the trailer ended.

He knows me so well.

xwez

Banned
This is pretty freaking sweet though. Loved the X-Men Legend games, and didn't think I'd see that or MUA ever again.

iconmaster

Banned
Ok 9 fucking years waiting for a sequel and its switch only.... That takes the piss. Nice back hand slap there.

Looks like...

Bought-a-switch.gif

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
this is the shit I vote with my wallet for. I am not buying a system because they want to shit on the fan base.
Nobody else was making it, so I guess Nintendo figured they'd foot the bill themselves much like they did with Bayonetta.

Fuck I hate that Gif lol

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might not have been the best looking game at the show, but damn if this doesn't look like a ton of fun

SALMORE

WooW i just started playing the 2nd on Ps3 last week ! very excited for this

the art style is better than the Previous entries, with better OG designs and vibrant colors

Fbh

Will have to see some uncut gameplay of this.

I had a lot of fun with the previous 2 but the mobile game artstyle of this one is really hurting it. It's been 9 years and it almost looks worse (visually) than the previous one

Kagey K

Banned
WooW i just started playing the 2nd on Ps3 last week ! very excited for this

the art style is better than the Previous entries, with better OG designs and vibrant colors
The art style kind of reminds me of the mobile games but I think it looks great as it feels more like a comic then a movie.

Definately my biggest surprise and favourite announcement of the night.

Seyfert

Nothing against Switch but I mean i just play all of them on PS4 and absolute love it just to found out sequel get release on Switch. I have Switch but still.

I will hopefully wait for it to eventually come to PS4 (and ofc with trophy !) if it is the case. I just want it to be on my better ecosystem and online component because I didnt intend to pay subpar Nintendo online service.

Last edited:

Lilseb93

I love my Switch, but I'm not feeling the look of the game. I'm not blown away like other people. IDK. I need to see more.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Nothing against Switch but I mean i just play all of them on PS4 and absolute love it just to found out sequel get release on Switch. I have Switch but still.

I will hopefully wait for it to eventually come to PS4 (and ofc with trophy !) if it is the case. I just want it to be on my better ecosystem and online component because I didnt intend to pay subpar Nintendo online service.
It's published by Nintendo so I wouldn't hold your breath on it coming to other platforms.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Hype.. that music sounding like the avengers theme tune.

Some nice voices for the characters.
Never played any of these games before is it a brawler ?

Kagey K

Banned
Hype.. that music sounding like the avengers theme tune.

Some nice voices for the characters.
Never played any of these games before is it a brawler ?
It’s an action RPG like Baulders Gate or less similarly Diablo.

Your characters level up and learn skills and moves as you use them. They are fun games. You should check them out if you get a chance.

EDarkness

Damn, not many Nintendo fans around these days. I'll definitely be picking this up when it comes out. A Marvel co-op game with the X-Men? Sure!

Kagey K

Banned
I’m super excited. I wonder what story they are going to do.

The 1st was original and the 2nd was based entirely around the civil war comic event.

Wonder if they go original again or Infinity or something else?

JimboJones

Nintendo definitely need more online multiplayer games, now that they're charging for it.
Seems like a smart move to tie in with the second avengers next year.

Oh this is exciting. I love the first 2 and never thought there would be a third. Hopefully, the new characters like gwenpool, Ms. Marvel, and Spider-Gwen are kept to a minimum.

NickFire

I hope it's a timed exclusive because I expect it will be much better if so. I tend to doubt they put the resources this game deserves into it for just Switch sales.

Top Bottom