[VGA] Mortal Kombat 11 Announced

May 10, 2018
This is why Mortal Kombat will always be a 'fun' game but also a dull versus fighting games... Because it's not about versus but just about violence depictation.
Even the trailer knows it, that people just play this for the gruesome Fatality and then the game take dust on a shelf.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018
Since you are rendering only 2 primary characters on the screen, fighting games should be able to look like something approaching that cutscene, obviously without the dynamic angles. I remember when fighting games used to have the most impressive visuals around
For a 30FPS game I guess... Sure it would work for a no competetive game as MK but for other fighting game based on frame, you can't have what you are asking with the actual console hardware.

Mar 18, 2013
Omaha, NE - USA
It looks much darker, like the impact from battle is a lot more brutal. The characters they showed don't carry their wholesome qualities. Like putting a wild dog in Knight armor.

I like it. I see the core as being MK and the parts around it are just trying to be hip. I don't want to feel like I'm not their target audience though. I lived through their bad years and the films. I have this feeling like they're bringing back weapons maybe? Raiden's weapon. The new enemy at the end throws me off, like Braniac or something from Injustice.

It has that MK4 feel to the art. It must be the way the font looks around the 11's. Haha I'd still buy it. I loved MKXL.

I hate how companies try to be hip. Make a game and let the community or the fans make it hip.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2011
It looks much darker, like the impact from battle is a lot more brutal. The characters they showed don't carry their wholesome qualities. Like putting a wild dog in Knight armor.

I like it. I see the core as being MK and the parts around it are just trying to be hip. I don't want to feel like I'm not their target audience though. I lived through their bad years and the films. I have this feeling like they're bringing back weapons maybe? Raiden's weapon. The new enemy at the end throws me off, like Braniac or something from Injustice.

It has that MK4 feel to the art. It must be the way the font looks around the 11's. Haha I'd still buy it. I loved MKXL.

I hate how companies try to be hip. Make a game and let the community or the fans make it hip.
She looks like the person who took over Jade, but got a revamp. Has the sands of time and the outfit is similar. That might also explain why there were two Scorpions in the trailer too. If she reversed Armageddon so that everyone died [like in the trailer], or in a way that it merged timelines [please no] then it could justify that odd trailer.

Also it looks like Shao Khan has become half-dragon, if he wasn't already, not quite sure.

Additional Edit: Her sands of time is flowing upwards, which seems to support above.. I also don't understand why Raiden just gives up at the end. Some of the trailer seems sloppy when you add in the screenshots. Screenshot Scorpion is alive, Scorpion #1 in trailer is definitely dead, but has features of the alive Scorpion. Raiden changes postures at the end and it doesn't carry through to the next scene. -_-

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018
holy fuck the mumble rap, the moment it start it's like a brick in the face

there's no lead in or anything, the nanosecond it kicks in, it just ruins the trailer

picking songs this poorly is a talent

Dec 18, 2013
I agree that the music choice could have been better, but when the characters started going at it,it reminded me of everything I love about the series.

Can’t wait to see how it shapes up.

Aug 30, 2011
I stopped watching once the rap music started. I'm probably not going to get this anyway. I enjoyed the first 3, stopped caring after MK4, I really enjoyed MK9, but MK10 was kind of meh and I've lost interest again.

May 2, 2006
In my own world.
www.youtube.com
Entertaining trailer. Should be fun. I have a feeling that this will be even more gruesome MK10 and that’s saying a lot. The trailer’s violence was really in your face. Honestly, strange choice for trailer music. Must be trying to appeal to the kiddies and young adults of this generation I guess.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018
Since you are rendering only 2 primary characters on the screen, fighting games should be able to look like something approaching that cutscene, obviously without the dynamic angles. I remember when fighting games used to have the most impressive visuals around
The people naysaying this have no idea what they're talking about. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One are powerful enough to do cutscene quality graphics when you've got only two complex objects on the screen.

Think about it: minimal to no AI. Limited physics calculations (you can pretty much cache the majority of the background interactions).

There really is no excuse for 1 on 1 fighting games having worse graphical fidelity than shit like Horizon, Rockstar games, and Naughty Dog games. It's a fucking embarrassment.

Edit: And I'll say this again. If Nvidia actually wanted to put their money where their mouth is, they should have made a deal with Sega to make an absurd Virtua Fighter with full ray tracing and all the bells and whistles. Actually show something impressive instead of some puddles of water in a Battlefield game. Make a crazy arcade game that uses like 4 2080TIs linked up. That's what Virtua Fighter was always meant to be. This industry is fucking weak now. No one does anything amazing anymore. It's all by the numbers, par for the course, dull crap.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
Man, I use to LOVE Mortal Kombat but the latest instalments just don't do anything for me. I'll probably watch the fatalities on YouTube then call it a day.

Oh and that music really SUCKED! My ears were fucking bleeding.

May 15, 2018
should‘ve watched the trailer muted.music was horrible. Would be better with game sound.
its funny because lets say even you like this music you cant say it matches the trailer at all. it just doesnt. having mumble rap to a pretty aggressive trailer it just doesnt fit. even like the benny hill theme or scatman would be better just because they have more energy to it

Jun 1, 2014
Looks like Mortal Kombat alright.

What will really matter to me is the roster of characters and the single player modes.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2011
its funny because lets say even you like this music you cant say it matches the trailer at all. it just doesnt. having mumble rap to a pretty aggressive trailer it just doesnt fit. even like the benny hill theme or scatman would be better just because they have more energy to it
100% agree. Can’t add anything more to your post. That’s how I feel as well. Or at least some aggressive rap. But not.. this.

May 15, 2018
can i just say after watching the trailer again. whoever is the "rapper" should quit because that may be the worst song i have ever heard in my life. it sounds like a high school rap battle where the person barely knew their own lyrics. "mumble mumble you a shit talka mumble mumble". good lord. i know ed boone doesnt like this shit. ed. why are you approving this bullshit

Mar 26, 2011
Other than the awful music I really liked the trailer.

One thing I don’t like about MK are the different fighting styles for each fighter. I would love to expand the move sets of a character and only focus on one style instead of choosing beforehand which route you want to go. But that’s just me.

May 15, 2018
:messenger_winking:

Say that to his face and see what happens
first of all brap dont post someone who is getting life in prison and then another person who has face tattoos wearing expensive clothes. i walk down the street to my liquor store and im sure all of them want to jump me for my 3 dollar slippers. you can talk though if youre some shitty rapper. boooooo i say BOOOOOO

Last edited: