[VGA] Mortal Kombat 11 Announced

Feb 3, 2013
Music is a hot mess. I have a feeling this game will bring back characters from the MK4/3D era such as: Fujin, Reiko, Li Mei, Kai, Havik, Mavado, Taven, Daegon, Nitara, Ashrah, and Sareena. This is assuming that the events of the comics didn't happen or else Mavado and Reiko would not be in this one. As long as Sindel and Nightwolf make it in somehow, then I'm set to get this Day 1. This is assuming that Kitana is a given.

Last edited:

brap

Jan 9, 2018
first of all brap dont post someone who is getting life in prison and then another person who has face tattoos wearing expensive clothes. i walk down the street to my liquor store and im sure all of them want to jump me for my 3 dollar slippers. you can talk though if youre some shitty rapper. boooooo i say BOOOOOO
He's not getting life. BELIEVE :messenger_bicep:

Oct 7, 2013
Music was a smart choice. They know their audience.

Adolescent boys have always been the biggest MK players.
Music was too chill/layed back for this trailer, song ain't that bad, just a horrible choice, killed the flow. They could have picked something much more upbeat if they wanted to target the kids. And the fact that a 60 yr old ED Boon is incharge of this just makes it feel that much more ridiculous, i get visions of my grandpa jammin out to mumble rap when thinkin about it. 😂

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018
Even as someone that likes 21 savage, the song seemed like a strange fit until the silence. The beat was good.
Heh, I was expecting that "reveal". By the way, why use that shitty mumble rap in the trailer? Couldn't afford Eminem I guess.
At this point I think 21 savage costs more than Em

Mar 18, 2013
Omaha, NE - USA
I prefer MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT and 90's dance music from the movie. Everyone knows that song, bring that shit back.
The song they used for the movie is owned by the movie studio. Which is why they picked Chop Suey by System Of A Down for the MKX commercial. If that's what you're referring to. At least that's what I recall NRS saying back when everyone asked why they didn't choose that song.

Edit: Actually, I can't even find the Tweet where they said it. I seriously remember something like that being said. I see here that Ed Boon hates that song regardless. I am still trying to find proof.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
Great trailer, shitty song.

Just like when they used Whiz Khalifa on that MKX trailer.

Mumble rap needs to die in a fire.

At least give us a heavy rap, or a metal song, or an electronic ballsy song.

As a huge MK fan, I can't wait.

Aug 24, 2016
Music is a hot mess. I have a feeling this game will bring back characters from the MK4/3D era such as: Fujin, Reiko, Li Mei, Kai, Havik, Mavado, Taven, Daegon, Nitara, Ashrah, and Sareena. This is assuming that the events of the comics didn't happen or else Mavado and Reiko would not be in this one. As long as Sindel and Nightwolf make it in somehow, then I'm set to get this Day 1. This is assuming that Kitana is a given.
What are you talking about? Now that MKX touched on MK4 we are going right to Deception! So you get all the BETTER characters now like:

Shujinko
Darrius
Hotaru
Kobra
Mokap
Tsu hoa
Dairou

and of course the main bad guy (most likely) Onaga.

Aug 24, 2016
Especially MKX. Damn there was so many different ways you could play each character. Such a fantastic idea that I hope they continue with.
Actually that Idea came from Deadly Alliance back in 2002, heck all the MK games from Deadly Alliance and before MK9 had style gameplay. Only difference was you could switch in-real time in the middle of battle.