• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGA] Mortal Kombat 11 Announced

The mock-up looks really nasty with all that yellow. Boon's post looks a bit better due to being more on the orange side but still not to my liking. Personally I'd rather a logo + collage cover or a depiction of an interesting scene/scenario or something. I'm sure Scorpion fans are happy though. =P

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Damn... they never go tired of using Scorpion every single time?
Some would say "Get Over Here!" is just as recognizable as "Flawless Victory", "Fatality", or even "Hadoken". It's also only the second time where it was Scorpion by himself. He's basically the Ryu of MK, so he's their poster boy I guess, haha.

Watch if and when a SF VI releases its cover art has Ryu by himself just like V. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

MiguelItUp

I always felt more like Sub Zero was their Ryu (even if they kind of wanted Liu Kang to be their Ryu)
Did Scorpion get his own game?
That's a good point! Scorpion never did. Only Sub-Zero and Liu Kang & Kung Lao. Maybe Sub-Zero and Scorpion would've swapped positions if he yelled something during his projectile.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
That's a good point! Scorpion never did. Only Sub-Zero and Liu Kang & Kung Lao. Maybe things would be different if Sub-Zero yelled something during his projectile.

I do see your point though, they like to use Scorpion for marketing stuff a lot. Also Raiden too, you could almost say he is just as popular a character in their marketing materials.

And the Sub Zero game was legendarily shitty lol.

MiguelItUp

I do see your point though, they like to use Scorpion for marketing stuff a lot. Also Raiden too, you could almost say he is just as popular a character in their marketing materials.

And the Sub Zero game was legendarily shitty lol.
Yeah, exactly. Not really sure what the reason would be otherwise, other than I believe Ed Boon saying Scorpion was always his favorite. You are NOT wrong, haha. I just remember playing it at a friend's house and remember the load times were extremely long, and the controls were awful. This one platform segment was almost impossible.

I still remember the surprise when Shaolin Monks was coming out and everyone was like, "Lol, it's gonna be garbo like Sub-Zero was!" Then it ended up being a polar opposite, lol.

Fake

Some would say "Get Over Here!" is just as recognizable as "Flawless Victory", "Fatality", or even "Hadoken". It's also only the second time where it was Scorpion by himself. He's basically the Ryu of MK, so he's their poster boy I guess, haha.

Watch if and when a SF VI releases its cover art has Ryu by himself just like V. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I thought Liu Kang was the main protagonist. Scorpio besides his classic voice is just a Subzero/Reptile skin in his older days.

I always felt more like Sub Zero was their Ryu (even if they kind of wanted Liu Kang to be their Ryu)

That's a good point! Scorpion never did. Only Sub-Zero and Liu Kang & Kung Lao. Maybe Sub-Zero and Scorpion would've swapped positions if he yelled something during his projectile.

I think NRS made it very clear Scorpion is their man. He's straight out the NRS company logo, the MK9 special edition came with a bookend statues of Scorpion killing Sub-Zero, the title screen of MK9 has Scorpion uppercutting Sub-Zero in the face upon pressing start and the MKX reveal trailer was a cinematic of Scorpion defeating and murdering Sub-Zero by decapitating him and pinning his head to a tree. :messenger_savoring:

MiguelItUp

I thought Liu Kang was the main protagonist. Scorpio besides his classic voice is just a Subzero/Reptile skin in his older days.
I believe he is in the story, or at least was at one point. The MK lore is ALL over the place these days, haha. You're not wrong, but the majority have their favorite MK classic ninjas. :messenger_smiling:

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure Scorpion is Boon's favorite character and has been since MK began. So that's honestly probably the reason for all of it. I mean, he is the voice of Scorpion after all, haha.

Nymphae

Banned
Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure Scorpion is Boon's favorite character and has been since MK began. So that's honestly probably the reason for all of it. I mean, he is the voice of Scorpion after all, haha.

Huh, did not know that!

Last edited:

Helios

I think they planned to do a mythology game for all the major characters but quickly dropped it after the disaster that was sub zero
edit: here it is
According to him, Midway had planned Mythologies as a series but the overwhelming negative reception resulted in its cancellation

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I think they planned to do a mythology game for all the major characters but quickly dropped it after the disaster that was sub zero

That makes sense. They could have really killed it with those games, I wonder why they ended up being so terrible. The Sub Zero game famously required a button press to turn your character around lol.

I'm actually really surprised no one has been able to make a platformer/fighter mode work after all this time. Tekken Force was a fun novelty, but needed some polish.

Fake

I believe he is in the story, or at least was at one point. The MK lore is ALL over the place these days, haha. You're not wrong, but the majority have their favorite MK classic ninjas. :messenger_smiling:

Fair point. Sub-zero is my main char by the way.

lock2k

Banned
I like it because Scorpion has always been my favorite.

He is from hell, therefore is was always cooler to my little metalhead self. lol

I can see why the favoritism bothers the fans of other characters though.

Also, crappy or not, I LOVE the Sub-Zero game and I still play it on my PSP. It's craptacular but it also has cool ideas and the music is top notch.

positivetempo

Neo Member
I like it because Scorpion has always been my favorite.

He is from hell, therefore is was always cooler to my little metalhead self. lol

Plus the Fatality of him removing his mask and spewing fire from his skull is literally seared into my brain forever, love it.

MiguelItUp

Devora just confirmed on Inside Xbox.

Yuuuuup.

wb34n5gptte21.jpg

Dacon

Banned
at least she didn't look like a crack head in 10. Kabal has always been a ugly character. And Skarlet looks like she converted to islam

Hey I agree with everything else you're saying, I just don't think Devora being uglier is really an issue when she was never a looker.

Dacon

Banned
Cetrion reveal trailer:

She looks like she's in the wrong game tbh.

Why does she turn planet scale and fire a country sized laser, only for it to be some tiny human sized blast when it hits? Doesn't even disintegrate them or anything either. =/

Gotta keep that realism

What is even the point then lmao

Shin

Banned
I think they tried too hard with this game with the blood/gore/design and everything else suffered because of it.

CatCouch

This is a lot more skin showing than I thought was going to be in the game. Cetrion's even got a low camera angle for her fatality where she's stomping on her opponent.

...That's hot.

Shin

Banned
New character: Collector (or Kollector because using the K as replacement for C hasn't been enough for decades).
Just happen to see it randomly on YouTube, didn't bother to check for a video yet....

60232066a6.jpg

Top Bottom