• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGA] Mortal Kombat 11 Announced

Kagey K

Banned
Why do they always insist on using Scorpion? He’s not even that cool and Sub Zero is better.

Come at me.

Bardiche

Music is a hot mess. I have a feeling this game will bring back characters from the MK4/3D era such as: Fujin, Reiko, Li Mei, Kai, Havik, Mavado, Taven, Daegon, Nitara, Ashrah, and Sareena. This is assuming that the events of the comics didn't happen or else Mavado and Reiko would not be in this one. As long as Sindel and Nightwolf make it in somehow, then I'm set to get this Day 1. This is assuming that Kitana is a given.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
first of all brap dont post someone who is getting life in prison and then another person who has face tattoos wearing expensive clothes. i walk down the street to my liquor store and im sure all of them want to jump me for my 3 dollar slippers. you can talk though if youre some shitty rapper. boooooo i say BOOOOOO
He's not getting life. BELIEVE :messenger_bicep:

Kreydo

I miss the Mortal Kombat 9 with its scandly clad women.
I agree and the "realistic" art direction of last NR games is boring as fuck. And by seeing the screenshot of MK11 they won't change :/

Mileena goes from a deadly, sexy fit women to some goth imp

767796813feb298b63c981874d403e25.jpg

Last edited:
Music was a smart choice. They know their audience.

Adolescent boys have always been the biggest MK players.

Music was too chill/layed back for this trailer, song ain't that bad, just a horrible choice, killed the flow. They could have picked something much more upbeat if they wanted to target the kids. And the fact that a 60 yr old ED Boon is incharge of this just makes it feel that much more ridiculous, i get visions of my grandpa jammin out to mumble rap when thinkin about it. 😂

Last edited:
Whatever happened to John Tobias?

His Xbox fighter Tao Feng is pretty underrated I think, it's flawed but it has a really interesting premise and world that would have been nice to see expanded on.

Helios

Even as someone that likes 21 savage, the song seemed like a strange fit until the silence. The beat was good.
Heh, I was expecting that "reveal". By the way, why use that shitty mumble rap in the trailer? Couldn't afford Eminem I guess.
At this point I think 21 savage costs more than Em

Andyliini

Did I just see a Switch-logo at the end of the trailer? Wow, there has not been a Mortal Kombat game for Nintendo device in a long time.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Even as someone that likes 21 savage, the song seemed like a strange fit until the silence. The beat was good.

At this point I think 21 savage costs more than Em
giphy.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I prefer MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT and 90's dance music from the movie. Everyone knows that song, bring that shit back.

The song they used for the movie is owned by the movie studio. Which is why they picked Chop Suey by System Of A Down for the MKX commercial. If that's what you're referring to. At least that's what I recall NRS saying back when everyone asked why they didn't choose that song.

Edit: Actually, I can't even find the Tweet where they said it. I seriously remember something like that being said. I see here that Ed Boon hates that song regardless. I am still trying to find proof.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Great trailer, shitty song.

Just like when they used Whiz Khalifa on that MKX trailer.

Mumble rap needs to die in a fire.

At least give us a heavy rap, or a metal song, or an electronic ballsy song.

As a huge MK fan, I can't wait.

GermanZepp

They gonna push that armor customization of the dc game right? All i really want is a good character selection and Next gen graphics

Music is a hot mess. I have a feeling this game will bring back characters from the MK4/3D era such as: Fujin, Reiko, Li Mei, Kai, Havik, Mavado, Taven, Daegon, Nitara, Ashrah, and Sareena. This is assuming that the events of the comics didn't happen or else Mavado and Reiko would not be in this one. As long as Sindel and Nightwolf make it in somehow, then I'm set to get this Day 1. This is assuming that Kitana is a given.

What are you talking about? Now that MKX touched on MK4 we are going right to Deception! So you get all the BETTER characters now like:

Shujinko
Darrius
Hotaru
Kobra
Mokap
Tsu hoa
Dairou

and of course the main bad guy (most likely) Onaga.

Especially MKX. Damn there was so many different ways you could play each character. Such a fantastic idea that I hope they continue with.

Actually that Idea came from Deadly Alliance back in 2002, heck all the MK games from Deadly Alliance and before MK9 had style gameplay. Only difference was you could switch in-real time in the middle of battle.

Wasn't it Rage 2 that featured a Danny Brown song? I don't even think that using a rap song was the issue, it's just that 21 Savage sucks balls.

Top Bottom