• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGA] The Outer Worlds

Ivory Blood

Kinda meh on that announcement... expected something more groundbreaking. This just looks borderlands with dialog options tacked on.

Teslerum

ss_4fe162d9752bc89c2de14ba549ffb6a6260b09aa.600x338.jpg

ACTUAL DIALOG OPTIONS.

:)

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
OHWHAT!

Strong Borderlands vibes. I like the arts style and animation but I need to see more of the combat and underpinning game systems.

Serianox

Need to see more gameplay but it seems like it's doing something similar to New Vegas. Definetely looking foward for more info on it.

DiscoJer

I thought this was a successor to VGA Planets for a minute...(from the thread title).

I find games like this, where you "fight the corporations", that Microsoft (and maybe Sony) are probably the very sort of corporation these people would be fighting against.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This was my favorite reveal of the game awards, hands down. Looks awesome.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Really hope this isn't anything close to Rage2/Borderlands3 and balances action/story/exploration differently. I'm glad to see it looking so polished, just hope the polish doesn't mean less out-of-shooting stuff. This video didn't really do anything to make the story/lore/setting look very well thought out what with the Borderlands-esque jokes but then again it was just a super short reveal, hopefully it goes in-depth.

Last edited:

Kreydo

I'm confused. This looks to be in the same engine as Skyrim/Fallout 4 right?
It's because the global lighting in the trailer look very similar to Fallout 4/76 .(cheap and dated)
But Obsidian are not pro at 3D render it's still a small studio, and it's not a big deal since their game have other quality...

Let's just hope The Outer Worlds will be modding friendly so we can enhance what Obsidian couldn't.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Looks cool. Game will live die on its characters and dialogues.
If it is anything like Fallou1/2 then daaamn.

That looks friggin awesome.

You gotta love just when it looks like Fallout has been ruined with 76 a new game from the original creators comes long.

I dig the whole wild west in space look, is the Moon Man guy supposed to be the new equivalent to Vault Boy?

Bl@de

Didn't really like all the funky humor and style but Obsidian makes good RPGs. So I'm looking forward to Fallout: Space Vegas

Pallas

This looks really promising, I can tell it was inspired by Borderlands and maybe Destiny? Some of the armor reminds me of Destiny.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
So, is this going to be the last Obsidian game on non-Microsoft game systems?

One of the few reveals that im interested in. Haven't played a western rpg in awhile. This may ease the wait for borderlands 3.

lucius

Looks great, wonder if it does well Microsoft will let them continue any more games on other systems.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
This looks utterly amazing and I can’t wait to see what they have done, as well as what they are up to next.

Good stuff guys.

Fbh

Best announcement of the event. Looks awesome.

Reminds me of both Fallout and Borderlands but by a dev with a far better writing team (and not as technically incompetent as Bethesda)

Last edited:
Top Bottom