• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGC: PS5 is biggest console launch ever in UK

yurinka

tenor.gif
PSP had a better launch in Spain than any other console and handheld, including the PS5

Birdo

Banned
My man no PS enthusiast will tell you PS2 had a good launch lineup. Not even a fanboy will.

A user has already posted reviews and it shows that even back then they weren't critically acclaimed. Ridge Racer V was received with a collective meh and fans were disappointed it didn't come close to Type 4. Smugglers run wasn't well received and there's a reason they stopped making them after the second. Only true standout was Tekken.

PS2 reviews only look bad now because they used to use the full 10/10 scale.

Now everything has to be either 10, 9, or 8. Otherwise they don't get their free goodies next time.

Elios83

I wonder if we'll get a worldwide PR this week. Launch+BF+Cyber Monday seem to be a good initial period to give sales figures.

Hezekiah

Banned
Every gen we hear "This is the last gen, there's not gonna be consoles anymore, it's all gonna be cloud based" and every gen consoles get more and more popular. No real gamer ever wants to touch cloud streaming garbage.
Not any time soon anyway.

It is biggest console in size. So it's automatically biggest console launch everywhere. Not just UK.

Series s is smallest xbox launch ever. Funny we got both at same time.

Airbus Jr

Banned
It is biggest console in size. So it's automatically biggest console launch everywhere. Not just UK.

Series s is smallest xbox launch ever. Funny we got both at same time.
Huh ? This has nothing to do with the size of the system, thats a very weird way for you to describe it

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
It's a great console.... I have had to restart Demons Souls the other night a few times but then an update came and seemingly fixed that. I was playing Demons Souls a lot earlier today and just loving it. I remembered to check if there was any noise while running after a few hours play.... nothing, it is whisper quiet for me and I am massively grateful for that.

A few UI tweeks and patches for the issues people are having and I think this is going to be such an awesome generation of gaming.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Huh?

Its YOU who got it wrong pal!!!

Read again what you said earlier

You said it is the biggest console launch because of the size of the system

Im here telling you that the biggest here means in quantity numbers sold in UK, it has nothing to do with the size of it

Compriende?

Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just imagining how insane it would be if everyone had the chance of being able to buy one. Crazy demand. I have a feeling it's going to be a while yet before you can just casually stroll in to a store and pick one up like a PS4. If I recall correctly, it wasn't as hard nabbing a PS4 post-launch right? I don't remember having too many issues anyways.

Rolla

Banned
Did xsx and s do just ok in US ? Us is where they r big. Even in 2013 x1 outsold ps4 in US .(not WW)

The XB & PS launch PR is void of numbers. All we know is that they sold more with the SX than they have at any time before. But there is a huge caveat with the SX numbers because in Europe, numbers from different countries suggest that while XB did launch with more units sold... The numbers are marginal. Series X selling 5K more units in their strongest EU market, UK.

ethomaz

Banned
The XB & PS launch PR is void of numbers. All we know is that they sold more with the SX than they have at any time before. But there is a huge caveat with the SX numbers because in Europe, numbers from different countries suggest that while XB did launch with more units sold... The numbers are marginal. Series X selling 5K more units in their strongest EU market, UK.
That happens because Xbox now launch in like 36 countries instead of 13 like in 2013.
While they probably have more inventory to sell the number of units send to each country can be lower than what they had in 2013.

Some guesses...

2013: 3m units for 13 countries.
2020: 4m units for 36 crountries.

Last edited:
Top Bottom