• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(VGC) Xbox Series X launching earlier than PS5, targeting November's first week; PS5 launching mid-November (As early as November 13th)

GamerEDM

Banned

According to VGC’s development and retail sources, mid-November is exactly when PlayStation 5 is most likely to land. In the UK, we understand that PlayStation has already booked significant marketing spend for the seven days commencing on Friday, November 13. Multiple retail sources have also told us that a launch during this window would fit within their expectations.

Development and retail sources also agree that Xbox will launch first. Microsoft has told developers to plan towards a launch in the very first week of the November, we understand, which would also give it wiggle room to potentially slip into the second week and still launch ahead of Sony. Xbox sources indicated that the platform holder is also expecting PS5 to arrive within the week commencing November 13

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
November feels so far away but it’s a good opportunity to take care of the backlog.

Have around 6 games left in the chamber.

reinking

Gold Member
People have already chosen what to buy so I don’t think it’ll be a big deal if they don’t release on the same day or even weeks apart.

Personally pretty sure I’m going to wait and see how this all plays out and not committed to any console .

You contradicted yourself. Sorry to call you out on it but this is an example of the problem. Fanatics have chosen what to buy but most people have not. Both console makers better get their message together and start the marketing blitz very soon.

DESTROYA

You contradicted yourself. Sorry to call you out on it but this is an example of the problem. Fanatics have chosen what to buy but most people have not. Both console makers better get their message together and start the marketing blitz very soon.
Nope!
Just saying that most are already committed but I’m not. Not even sure if I’m buying a next gen console.The people that buy day one know what they are going to buy most others and casuals will buy what’s cheaper or already buy what ecosystem they are currently in .
I think even if they release weeks apart it still will not swing sales one way or another .

fermcr

Aha so Microsoft HAS to reveal their price first. Sony can just keep waiting until the first week of November!

Neither the PS5 or Xbox have release dates. What if Microsoft decides to wait and release their console the day after the PS5 gets released?

Last edited:

skneogaf

At this point it doesn't matter if xbox series x has a 3 year head start, the ps4 has destroyed any company but Sony winning the video games console business.

Blond

Banned
I know everyone wants price but I don't think anyone could've predicted COVID. Even with higher wages compared to when the PS4/X1 launched that would've made the potentially higher prices easier to swallow the situation now makes it weird to say "do I want to spend 5/600 for a console?"

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I KNEW IT! As soon as that Call of Duty trailer ended with a date, I knew when the PS5 was launching. It's super smart too. It'll "FEEL" like the PS5 is launching with COD and CyberPunk 2077 as launch games.

mckmas8808

Beats me!

I hope they don't by the way as a 50/50 split would be amazing for us consumers.

A 50/50 split would mean something terrible has happened with the Playstation brand, so that'll be bad for consumers.

skneogaf

A 50/50 split would mean something terrible has happened with the Playstation brand, so that'll be bad for consumers.

Not necessarily, xbox has the power to turn things round if the 3rd party stuff is much better.

I imagine it will be 70/30 this coming generation again.

NeonDelta

People have already chosen what to buy so I don’t think it’ll be a big deal if they don’t release on the same day or even weeks apart.
Personally pretty sure I’m going to wait and see how this all plays out and not committed to any console .
I haven't. I could still go either way or get neither. Its horrible

mckmas8808

Not necessarily, xbox has the power to turn things round if the 3rd party stuff is much better.

I imagine it will be 70/30 this coming generation again.

Sony's consoles average about 120 million units sold per generation. And MS has never hit 90 million units sold in any generation. So, I just can't see MS really getting close to 50/50. 70/30 like you said is more likely.

mckmas8808

i dont get your point. what has Sony done that suggests they are anymore ready for launch than MS? Their big launch game is an expansion dlc for a ps4 game.

Shown games running on actual devkits. So far MS hasn't done that with one game yet.

i doubt anyone thought the 360 would get 50/50 after the ps2 trounced the og xbox either

A like I said, if it is 50/50 then Sony must have really messed up big time. The PS3 was $200 more than the 360 at launch and it launched 1 full year after the 360.

Journey

Banned

So instead of development kits, devs are using PCs to make Xbox Series X games...

380fd3.jpg

Last edited:

sinnergy

So instead of development kits, devs are using PCs to make Xbox Series X games...

380fd3.jpg
Games are developed on PCs , dev kits are used for testing .

X360 games where shown almost enterly up unto launch on PowerPC’s.

But the shocker is PS5 games are also developed on PC’s 🤣 every console has SDKs and tools specific for the platform running on PC’s / workstations.

Last edited:
But the shocker is PS5 games are also developed on PC’s 🤣 every console has SDKs and tools specific for the platform running on PC’s / workstations.
Everybody knows this, this is not the problem, the problem is that MS is not showing us what their product is.

Top Bottom