• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGleaks - EPIC Games - Project Nano/Blueprint (based on Samaritan, maybe canceled)

KOHIPEET

http://www.vgleaks.com/project-nano-aka-blueprint-from-epic-games-unveiled/

Maybe this is thread-worthy, maybe it isn't.

Pics from the link:

nano1-600x481.jpg

nano-owen_2-1024x732.jpg

nano2-600x439.jpg

Leak me if it isn't.

Take it with some salt. As always.

UPDATE:
Some conceptual videos:
http://www.vgleaks.com/project-nano-aka-blueprint-new-proof-of-concept-videos-i/

Thanks for the link black_spear!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It looks like it has assets from both Samaritan and Infiltrator so I'll say it's most likely real.

Perhaps canceled, but real at some point.

Note: This doesn't match up well with their current job postings, and seems like it might be the game the director of Arkham Origins was working on before he left to work on Arkham Origins, so it definitely could be canceled.

B.O.O.M

I like me some sci fi..and the new gen is bringing it

I wonder if they will have a proper trailer for this game, if it's not cancelled, at the PS4 launch event stream. Would be an ideal time for Epic to bring in a new audience of gamers

Would be cool if its real. I was wondering what Epic was doing lately. There is no way Fortnite was taking all their development resources for the last few years.

KOHIPEET

I think this leak is from the early, conceptual stages of development so even though I think this leak is legit, I think the game behind it might end up looking significantly different.

Nibel

So this game takes place in Washington DC, year 2043 - I assume that Samaritan showed the lower parts of the city (there is one of those kids with gasmaks in the video) and Infiltrator shows the upper part of that same city

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Aren't epic going to announce something at the ps4 event ?

That would be pretty big and fall in line with the UE4-demo at the PS4-reveal, although an announcement at a Sony event would not necessarily imply exclusivity.

Boke1879

Sony locked down an Epic exclusive? Hot damn...

Sorry, wasn't really implying anything LOL. It's just one of the people from Epic have been teasing about his excitement for the PS4.

With the Spike Sony launch event teasing new games and announcements there is talk of an Epic game being shown. Take it with a grain of salt though.

Nibel

nano-moves-600x439.jpg

“Bursting” abilities: New movement style, fast-paced, high energy, leverage pistol + melee
Stranglehold gameplay done right with a cool universe + connectivity
Use of gadgets: Density bandolier, Data Filters, B-Lieve Rig, Revive Pack, ThreatSuite, Handforge…

Seems like a 3rd-Person-Shooter - maybe Gears on steroids?

Only very loosely related but what's the most recent update on Unreal Engine 4? Really surprised we've seen so little of it. Imagine that even if this is actually a game, announced at the PS4 event or not, that it's quite a while away.

As I said in another thread, VG Leaks says Project Nano is set in futuristic DC, which is exactly where the Samaritan tech demo takes place, so that's another obvious link between the two.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Going to guess this is long dead and the project Eric Holmes was working on during his brief time at Epic.

injurai

Banned
Epic has been long over do for a chance to start a new and bring out a new IP.

Getting an estranged Blade Runner x H.R. Giger feel from those art pieces.

coldcrush

Neo Member
interesting,,,,,,,, I am completely prepared for epic's news to be fortnite related but would love it to be a new IP... something about these concepts/leaks seems a little under cooked,
i have every faith in epic to make something great though

KOHIPEET

For those hoping for a reveal at the All Access event on the 14th of Nov. here are the clues that point towards a Sony-Epic co-operation:

-UE4 at Feb reveal event. It was the third video that was shown if I'm not mistaken.
-Mark Rein retweeting Geoff's All Access tweet and expresing his excitement.

Not many, but rather meaningful IMO.

Did I miss anything?

Sorry, wasn't really implying anything LOL. It's just one of the people from Epic have been teasing about his excitement for the PS4.

With the Spike Sony launch event teasing new games and announcements there is talk of an Epic game being shown. Take it with a grain of salt though.

It hasn't been confirmed but would make perfect sense since PS4 is a much better showcase for UE4.

Probably not, but Mark Reign was hyping it so they'll probably just announce it there.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, similarly confused - when did this happen?

Seems it didn't. Ah well.

oVerde

Banned
Was starting to get hype when logically this is Sony land from the hints, so I won't be attached to it, perhaps comes to others platforms I will reconsider.

Some Nobody

I'm gonna go ahead and go against everyone who'll be coming into this thread and say: The lady character looks really interesting, while the male character just seems kinda boring and something I see all too often in "grey" Western games.

For those hoping for a reveal at the All Access event on the 14th of Nov. here are the clues that point towards a Sony-Epic co-operation:

-UE4 at Feb reveal event. It was the third video that was shown if I'm not mistaken.
-Mark Rein retweeting Geoff's All Access tweet and expresing his excitement.

Not many, but rather meaningful IMO.

Did I miss anything?

The way he was around E3 for Sony's conference made me think they were going to announce something at the Sony conference so it wouldn't be a surprise.

Top Bottom