• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Rumor: Final Fantasy XV (renamed FFVersus) PS4 Exclusive. Sony co-developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tutomos

If people think FFXIII going multiplatform is megaton and FFXV being PS3 exclusive is not, I'm sorry but you're a hypocrite. They could have canceled Verus or make it multiplatform.

I dont want FFVersus to be FFXV....

I want FFXV to be FFXV and Versus to be Versus.

and seeing how XIII went down i'm not so excited for new FF games :/

hopes are a little salty with SE nowadays.... atleast Sony's involved... that's a good thing....riiight?!

hopes are a little salty with SE nowadays.... atleast Sony's involved... that's a good thing....riiight?!

Please be excited.

So what are the chances that the deal went like ''We'll give you exclusivity if you just fuckin help us release keep Mr. Toriyama away this goddamn thing; no one has the balls to say NO to him.''

Fixed...?

Stark

Banned

XIII is one thing. But the 2 spin-offs do not represent the quality of future FF's. This is apparent with the likes of Type-0.

So if this thing becomes a PS4 exclusive it will officially remove the last hanging sliver of care I have about this game.

And to think it was one of the games that I was most excited about at the turn of the generation, heh.

I'm excited. One of the few Japanese games I had some interest in. Not because it had anything to do with FFXIII, though. Disliked those games.

However, I don't think FF matters like it used to. To both gaming culture and the financial success of hardware. Outside of people I met and talked with at Anime Milwaukee (teenagers for the most part), I haven't met a person in such a long time that cares about the franchise like they did in the 90s. Anecdotal, of course.

Takuya

Banned
So if this thing becomes a PS4 exclusive it will officially remove the last hanging sliver of care I have about this game.

And to think it was one of the games that I was most excited about at the turn of the generation, heh.
Is it safe to assume you're going Durango only next generation?

Verendus

Banned
Fixed...?
What happens when Toriyama returns with another FF title? SCE on suicide watch? GAF dead? Will people give him the benefit of the doubt? Or will they just go crazy since it's FF and people go crazy because of FF? Will he somehow make the next mainline FF game include Lightning since no one can deny Toriyama? Will the male lead of this game resemble Toriyama? Will he marry Lightning? Will he save the world?

What happens when Toriyama returns with another FF title? SCE on suicide watch? GAF dead? Will people give him the benefit of the doubt? Or will they just go crazy since it's FF and people go crazy because of FF? Will he somehow make the next mainline FF game include Lightning since no one can deny Toriyama? Will the male lead of this game resemble Toriyama? Will he marry Lightning? Will he save the world?

Just as long as he's only saddled with the director's chair and no connection to the actual writing I'd be fine with another mainline FF game with Crazyama.

Like I've been saying for a while: Kitase either needs to put a leash on his dog or send him into the iOS oblivion.
His days of director/writing combo will hopefully be finished after LR...
unless, god help us, that game becomes some kind of break-away success that shames sales of all other FFs in the last 10 years ;)

They said Luminous is highly scalable and can run on the 3DS. Regardless, I doubt they'll be making next gen FF on the Wii U.

Nope, IIRC they said that the engine could work on anything with programmable shaders. Which the 3DS doesn't have.

Found the quote:

Luminous Studio is a multi-platform engine designed for HD game development, it can work with any hardware that supports programmable shaders. That means its compatible with PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Since Wii and Nintendo 3DS do not have programmable shaders, Luminous Studio isn’t compatible with those devices.

Stark

Banned
Just as long as he's only saddled with the director's chair and no connection to the actual writing I'd be fine with another mainline FF game with Crazyama.

Like I've been saying for a while: Kitase either needs to put a leash on his dog or send him into the iOS oblivion.
His days of director/writing combo will hopefully be finished after LR...
unless, god help us, that game becomes some kind of break-away success that shames sales of all other FFs in the last 10 years ;)

Hopefully Kitase is smart to bail the ship whenever he (hopefully never) comes back to the fold rather than put him on a leash. I think he's fine as an Event Director as with X, but that's it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Hey, just because the first game had flying boats designed by long dead Engineer Gods, hailing from an Ancient Civilization who constructed a Floating Fortress you couldn't reach until you got a Mechanical Cube from a Robot, and in said fortress you fought a giant war machine to the death, doesn't mean it had anything to do with science technology!

And just because in the third game there was a mechanically powered floating continent, and in the fourth game there was an alien civilization which introduced magic and technology and built giant robots and towers full of robots and space ships and interstellar travel.

And in the fifth game there were steam powered boats and submarines and flying cities and in the sixth there was mecha and submersible castles and steam ships and.

Wait, has there ever been an FF without heavy tech?
FF IX?

Has he actually been right on anything yet?

His info on GG revealing a new IP never happened. He was also adamant that Killzone 4 would not be shown.

Killzone 4 was not shown.

He called GDDR5 8GB

He has said that Versus will be revealed as XV in 2014 on ps4 before.

I dunno but if Kagari is alright with him then I am.

Mario007

He called GDDR5 8GB

He has said that Versus will be revealed as XV in 2014 on ps4 before.

I dunno but if Kagari is alright with him then I am.
As far as I remember Kagari also believed that GG will unveil a new IP instead of Killzone as well, so maybe Sony changed things up a bit?

ib9vT9Szri7Hy.gif

Verendus

Banned
Has he actually been right on anything yet?

His info on GG revealing a new IP never happened. He was also adamant that Killzone 4 would not be shown.
You've seen Killzone 4?! Also, the new IP will happen. Just some things going on at the moment with it. I've also never mentioned the Playstation Meeting in any of my posts prior to it being announced. A few months does not mean in 3 weeks time after all. Most of the juicy reveals will be at E3 and later in the year.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
OK, there's a guy on GameFAQs claiming SE are making a FFVI remake for the Wii U in a water colour style.
I'm out as far as FF rumours go.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Airships.

And the Tech FFIX Garland implemented.

Don't forget that.
I guess when I think of the word 'tech' I dont think of the older style ships in FFIX but yeah they are technically....tech. >_>

As for the Garland stuff I must have forgotten cause I thought he mainly used magic?...Or at least thats how I remembered it. I literally havent played the game since the month it came out so Im sure Im forgetting some main plot points lol.

Edit: just saw your other post, ok its all coming back to me lol.

How much interest is there in Final Fantasy after the Lightening games? Can't imagine there's much left.

Alot of people were hyped as fucked for verses though.

Makes sense that it's exclusive since the original was going to be exclusive to ps3 anyway. I think I am ready to make the switch to Sony for next gen

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
This same guy is vehemently defending Zeal for some reason.

He also said Versus wasn't an action RPG anymore...

Eh I'd be doubtful. The only thing people relate that to is the whole FF3 thing on that debug miiverse menu fiasco.

And people are still riding that FF3 = FF6 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom