• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Rumor: Final Fantasy XV (renamed FFVersus) PS4 Exclusive. Sony co-developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuya

Banned
http://www.vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-xv-will-be-exclusive-on-ps4/

Final Fantasy XV will be exclusive on PS4

Square-Enix has had problems in the current gen, I suspect that the company couldn’t adapt Final Fantasy and other IPs to the HD era. Moreover, the first version of FF14 was a downfall, this game forced to stop the development of other games to focus in the rebuild of FF14. Really it’s like a new game.

Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo. Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasn’t cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project.

Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4. Square renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sony’s studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks.

We hinted this PS4 exclusive one month ago, but we couldn’t speak freely about this topic. Now, it’s all that we can say.

cdtl3nbecbni.jpg

This actually makes a lot of sense. Versus 13 as a PS3 exclusive...got shifted to a PS4 exclusive with Sony helping to bankroll the project.

Announce it at E3 and BOOM! Sony helps to steal the show.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda makes sense considering that vague-ass announcement of a future announcement at the PlayStation Meeting.

Anth0ny

I actually expected this. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to get our hands on it.

VERSUS LIVES!

Andrefpvs

Kinda disappointing that Versus may not be coming to PS3 after all :/

I was expecting Final Fantasy XV to be an entirely new game.

sn00zer

literally... "woah."
and its gotta be a reconfigured Versus
and so help me if they've made it turn based

EDIT: Actually read the article...im dumb...either way...woah

nib95

Banned
Should have added FF vsXIII renamed to FFXV in the thread title.

That's less important that it being a PS4 title, being an exclusive and being co-developed by Sony imo. A LONG time has passed since FFXIII Versus was first revealed. It could be something completely different today.

Thread title would be better if it was "Versus XIII turned into PS4 exclusive game".
Eh, if Sony is co-developing it and it's being renamed to FFXV, that's a big deal. Co-development does a lot more to lock in exclusivity than simple moneyhats or claims of exclusivity that evaporate a few months before launch.

AAK

You missed a massive chance for a troll title OP. Imagine this:

Team ICO and FFVXIII developers combine for PS4 exclusive!

EDIT: Damn, beaten! LOL

UberTag

Exclusive PS3 game becomes exclusive PS4 game. How exciting!
Nice to see Sony lending an assist to this game's development after it's made so much progress over the past six years.

Huge news if true. I could not imagine what a PS4-exclusive FF could look like, let alone one that has the talent of Sony first party studios behind it.

Guess we'll need to wait and see, but it would be interesting if that was Square's solution to fixing their Versus XIII problem. Make it FFXV, make it with Sony, and make it PS4. That's the ideal way to turn around the situation they've found themselves in with the game.

I call BS.

But have VGleaks done leaks for games before that turned out to be true?

And I said before in the other thread Why would Square have Sony help out making assets rather then out source it to China / India like a lot of people do now? It would probably be cheaper for all involved and it makes sense. Why would Sony let square use there talent like this and why would Square cut off a giant chunk of the market so early in a generation?

Maybe Square REALLY need the help making HD towns?

I could see FF going 3DS exclusive before it goes exclusive to one console again.

Charles

The name change makes sense, given that ffxiii came out 4 years ago now, and it isn't really related to the versus project. The move to next gen is also plausible.

The exclusivity seems like a bit of a pipe dream tbh. With all the years (and money) spent developing ffversus they're just going to forfeit half the sales by going exclusive?

Anything if they actually make a final fantasy title and not "technology magic 4: let's see how space combines with fantasy once again".

Glad to hear they're going a different direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom