• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks rumours: Two AC games coming, Black Flag not on PS4/720

daegan

Look at how bad AC plays on Vita and ask yourself, who would buy AC on the 3DS?

Ubisoft shipped 600k of ACL because it was bundled and Sony basically gave it for free. Let's not play dumb, nobody is checking for that turd.

Iwata likes to play dirty though, and a few months ago he mentioned the ACL crazy bundle and deals, so maybe he's planning to do the same this holiday season.

Actually it sold pretty well outside of the bundle too.

Also I can back up that this is basically a non-starter. "Coming To All Home Consoles"...

Spiegel

But it seems Ubisoft will make Vita's owners angry. And Assassin's Creed would be the only thing related to Vita from Ubisoft, considering the same user said that RL and Ghost Recon are coming on the platform.

I'm sure Liberation is going to be ported to other systems.

I would be very surprised if it doesn't happen.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Look at how bad AC plays on Vita and ask yourself, who would buy AC on the 3DS?

Ubisoft shipped 600k of ACL because it was bundled and Sony basically gave it for free. Let's not play dumb, nobody is checking for that turd.

Iwata likes to play dirty though, and a few months ago he mentioned the ACL crazy bundle and deals, so maybe he's planning to do the same this holiday season.

EDIT: Looking at Takao's post, the source seems legit, I have also heard of RL on Vita, and as some people have mentioned before, it's probably being kept under wraps because it's a $40 game versus $60 on consoles.

? AC plays great on Vita... The game just has no real story. It feels fine.

Truant

I kinda hoped AC3 was the new freshness, but it was stale like everything past 2.

Pirate and naval focused game could be cool.

Takao

Banned

Guillemot started this handheld gen saying all their games would be ported to mobile eventually. I thought he backtracked because that Ghost Recon 3DS game was announced for iOS, but never released. I guess we could return to that as Liberation becomes an iOS tie-in release (good luck controlling that, lol), while PS3/360/Wii U/PS4/720 get Black Flags? Or Liberation could be ported to XBLA/PSN, or even just be a pack-in for Black Flags ...

Yeah, there's no question that it had a fraction of the budget of ACIII proper, and was apparently profitable on Vita, but the production values just seem too high to keep it confined to a single platform with a small userbase. Same deal with RE:R and Mirror of Fate on 3DS, really.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, there's no question that it had a fraction of the budget of ACIII proper, and was apparently profitable on Vita, but the production values just seem too high to keep it confined to a single platform with a small userbase. Same deal with RE:R and Mirror of Fate on 3DS, really.

The production values look so high because it shares assets with ACIII, and runs on Anvil Engine Next. The actual game is supposedly low rent with a tonne of glitches.

Has there ever been a CEO saying one of their games was a big failure? Most of times it's just 'exceeding expectations', which depend on how high you set those.
The EA chiefs threw Medal of Honor under a bus last financial report.

Edit - Damn beaten by Takao with same exact same expression to.

I've been told that AC on Vita was a failure though, wtf

Yves said he was happy with the sales and it sold over 600k, with 90-120k being digitally downloaded. Yves also recently said that they have more games for Vita so another AC spin off is pretty much a safe guess, they have a lot of improvements to make if they want the game to sell though.

The game was a major turd though.

Sid

I'm sure ac:l will be ported but I think that the leaker was referring to ac4 not being on vita

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Uh, yes. EA just recently threw Medal of Honor: Warfighter under the bus. Yves went out of his way to say that with the right game (implying AC: Liberation was the right game) you can be successful on Vita.

This poster put out details regarding Black Flags that ended up being correct, so I'm guessing they're legit (it's not like it would be the first Ubi thing to leak anyways):

If it's being developed by Sofia again (which would make the most sense) I guess it's not impossible for him to not hear of it, since I doubt North American based Ubisoft staff hear a lot about what goes on in Bulgaria, lol. He could very well be referencing a Liberation port, but I dunno.

I've also read about the big franchise coming to Vita in the giant Vita thread. Little lower in sales than AC, but as (if not more) interesting for people like us on Gaf, and he also left an hint about Batman. I kind of feel it could be Batman. And that this year AC is for 3DS. It'd be a great fight. XD

I've also read about the big franchise coming to Vita in the giant Vita thread. Little lower in sales than AC, but as (if not more) interesting for people like us on Gaf, and he also left an hint about Batman. I kind of feel it could be Batman. And that this year AC is for 3DS. It'd be a great fight. XD

Link?

jcm

Has there ever been a CEO saying one of their games was a big failure? Most of times it's just 'exceeding expectations', which depend on how high you set those.

Well, lots of times they say it performed below expectations. Like this:

This is down 34.5% in a year-over-year comparison and the company attributes this fall to a couple things: firstly, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 and R.U.S.E. "performed below expectations." The same goes for Shaun White Skateboarding; CEO Yves Guillemot said the game is "off to a slow start."

Or this:

The company was disappointed with the 2.2 million sell-in of Prince of Persia, and the performance of Tom Clancy's EndWar was also below expectations, said Ubisoft.

"The Christmas period proved to be even more competitive than we expected," offered Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft.

Mario007

There could very well be a 3 game contract between Ubi and Sony for AC for Vita. I wouldn't put it past Sony who does these sort of deals.

Mael

Black Flag not on ps4/720? Yeah, right like Ubisoft have an infinite number of resources at their disposal...
I'm willing to take a bet it will.

Just an assumption since there will be a news AC-related that will make Vita fans angry, nothing else. =P

According to another post of his, on another thread, he implies that you won't need a vita to play Liberation. My guess is AC3:L on iOS, but a 3DS downport is not out of the question.

BibiMaghoo

I would buy another Vita game. Liberation was great (apart from the sound quality) and is the game that for me, best represents the 'console feel' in a handheld game. More so than Uncharted. This is what I want in a portable platform, not phone / cheap / small games.

I would not buy a PS360 AND and PS4rango new games in a year. That takes the piss.

Let's not play dumb, nobody is checking for that turd.

Dafuq is this. I grabbed it day one, not in a bundle. So did others.

ironcreed

Banned
Another one already in the pipeline in addition to Black Flag? Boy, this series is getting obnoxious. I was hoping for it to be revived with ACIII, but they are wasting no time in continuing to run it into the ground as hard as they can with release after release.

Mpl90

According to another post of his, on another thread, he implies that you won't need a vita to play Liberation. My guess is AC3:L on iOS, but a 3DS downport is not out of the question.

A link to that post too?

A PS3/360 port of Liberation is what I've been expecting once Sony's probable exclusivity deal runs out. I don't really see a 3DS downport happening, and I'm not even sure how an iOS version could even work.

Takao

Banned
Hmm, that same poster replied to a comment asking who Sony would get to make a God of War for Vita.

His response? Sanzaru Games ...

Hmm, that same poster replied to a comment asking who Sony would get to make a God of War for Vita.

His response? Sanzaru Games ...
Cmon takao, not every post i make is going to be some insider news or sh be take like that.

What i did say about ubi and AC was that the next title was ( and this was before anything leaked)black flag or golden age. Edward haytham was the main character. Would have co op and captain kidd would make an appearance. I also said that rayman legends and r6 patriots ( not ghost recon) would come to vita.

What i meant regarding to vita was that liberation was coming to psn/xbla.

And here is some new info. Black flag is being developed by 11 ubisoft studios. The next title in the franchisee is code named unity. Far cry 1 hd is coming soon. Far cry 4 is targeting q1 2014 release an ubi have a new nexgen ip in the works titled the crew.

Sounds like a port to me, if on consoles then hopefully Wii U is a go as well, but I'd love to see a proper 3DS game.

Cmon takao, not every post i make is going to be some insider news or sh be take like that.

What i did say about ubi and AC was that the next title was ( and this was before anything leaked)black flag or golden age. Edward haytham was the main character. Would have co op and captain kidd would make an appearance. I also said that rayman legends and r6 patriots ( not ghost recon) would come to vita.

And here is some new info. Black flag is being developed by 11 ubisoft studios. The next title in the franchisee is code named unity. Far cry 1 hd is coming soon. Far cry 4 is targeting q1 2014 release an ubi have a new nexgen ip in the works titled the crew.

This mostly makes sense. R6:p doesn't seem like a title that would port down to Vita easily, though, so I have to wonder about that one.

RoKKeR

Hopefully they work out the technical issues of AC on the Vita. Give us native res, a locked frame rate and I'll be very happy. Liberation was a solid AC game, and on a handheld nonetheless.

Mpl90

Interesting. Any info about the other Assassin's Creed title coming this year as stated by the VGLeaks rumour...or is it really the XBLA/PSN port of Liberation?

Sid

Wow thx for the info dude.

Rand6

A PS3/360 port of Liberation is what I've been expecting once Sony's probable exclusivity deal runs out. I don't really see a 3DS downport happening, and I'm not even sure how an iOS version could even work.

There's no way Liberation can run on a 3DS. PSN/XBLA and maybe Ipad soon is my guess.

JJD

Considering how many people Ubi needs to develop an AC game, I doubt we are going to see 2 games on the same year.

Top Bottom