• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGtech: Destiny 2 PS5 and Xbox Series X|S 60fps Frame Rate Test

Exactly my point.

It's why I choose to use comparisons instead of paper specifications. But in defense of the PS5s SSD it seems that only Sonys 1st parties can achieve ridiculously short load times on it. I don't see 3rd parties trying to achieve that if it can't work on the XSX.

Things will get better for both but I doubt the differences between the two Will reflect the paper specifications.

So the summary is that the two have virtually the same frame rate but Xbox series x holds a higher resolution most of the time. No data to back up the resolution claim but the frame chart is about as identical as you can get for non scripted sequence.
We will not have hard data on dynamic resolutions until there is a toll that analyses it on every individual frames of a given video and output the data so it can be plotted like frame rate.

My guess is this is not happening anytime soon.

acm2000

This isn't even a proper next gen patch, it's just "enhanced backwards compatibility" and we know MS allows much more freedom doing this than Sony do currently, not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

Last edited:

FranXico

If DF had done this you would have been screaming "hang them" and "bias" from the rooftops.

Just shows what kind of poster you are.
DF never do this. They never publish statistics. He's arguing about results because these guys at least publish the results, instead of talking about how each version "feels".

Top Bottom