• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGTECH:Halo Master Chief Collection Xbox Series X 120fps Frame Rate Test

silent head

halo Reach, Halo 2 in Classic Mode, Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo 1 in both modes render at a native resolution of 3840x2160. Halo 2 Anniversary uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest resolution found being 2560x1440. Note that the footage here was captured at 1080p due to capture limitations.

crumbs

Looks good, but it appears that Reach still has that weird frame time issue when playing over 60 fps. This was the case on the PC version of MCC, all the other games run fine with an unlocked framerate but Reach.

BigLee74

Looks fairly disappointing for those that can play at 120fps. I mean, what's the point if it spends most of its time below that?

Halo 1 and 2 especially look bad, but that is probably because its running 2 engines at 120fps in each game (both have an original and remastered graphics mode that you can switch between instantly at the press of a button).

Halo 3 and 4 stick much better to 120fps.

What I will say is that the 60 fps mode is great on all games, and of course, the campaigns are as amazing as they always were!

(oh, and they have finally added server selection for MP... no more getting dumped on a US server half way across the world)

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Looks fairly disappointing for those that can play at 120fps. I mean, what's the point if it spends most of its time below that?

Halo 1 and 2 especially look bad, but that is probably because its running 2 engines at 120fps in each game (both have an original and remastered graphics mode that you can switch between instantly at the press of a button).

Halo 3 and 4 stick much better to 120fps.

What I will say is that the 60 fps mode is great on all games, and of course, the campaigns are as amazing as they always were!

(oh, and they have finally added server selection for MP... no more getting dumped on a US server half way across the world)
Server selection!! Fucking hell finally. They might have kept a community longer on Halo 5 if they had done this in the beginning.

I hope that infinite will have it

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Reach looks incredible at 4k/120. What a game it is, and surely the pinnacle of the series.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Looks like a fucking mess. Drops to 60 and 70 fps? Even VRR can't save this. Better stick to 60 for single player.

Ma-Yuan

Skipped through the video and without searching that looks really bad. I would call that 120fps modes when it looks sometimes to 60fps ><

Top Bottom