• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vgtech's Assassin's Creed Valhalla Comparison PS5 vs XSX

dxdt

The SW company who sells IDEs and created DirectX is having tool issues. Makes sense.
It makes a lot of sense to me if the tools need to be in alignment with AMD, NVIDIA, L Intel, and even Windows. The hardware and GDK are likely developed in parallel by different groups. The fact that RTX I/O using DirectStorage is not out until late 2021 or even 2022 clues me to the maturity of DX12U. Sony has only PS5 to worry about.

Tschumi

Good for PS5.

You know, this is more on my mind at the moment: They should just make a new IP. Instead of going on with AC, they should just, make these discreet game series. Lke, they would be samey, but... this is just ridonkulous, what this game is... It's the Witcher 3 with... what... Mount and Blade mixed in? I just don't dig the direction~

timmyp53

Good for PS5.

You know, this is more on my mind at the moment: They should just make a new IP. Instead of going on with AC, they should just, make these discreet game series. Lke, they would be samey, but... this is just ridonkulous, what this game is... It's the Witcher 3 with... what... Mount and Blade mixed in? I just don't dig the direction~
Relying on brand recognition for guaranteed sales from casuals .

assurdum

Banned
So when early PS4 games run worse than XBONE games (AC Unity) etc.....It was because the XBONE CPU was stronger, no rationalization on the footprint of the XBOX OS, that it had to run a hypervisor, allocate more CPU and MEM for Kinect, Snap and the 3 pronged OS.......When a real dev weighed in and said the PS4 CPU was actually more performant not just because of the aforementioned, but the fact that MS's API layer drags things down a tonne and was not as low level in efficiency as the PS4 API....

The point is, as a technical individual, this was an easy call. MS needed to upclock their OS to keep up with the CPU speed of PS4 as PS4 CPU calls was not weighed down by so many of MS's software layers....When open world games performed better on PS4, suddenly no word of why the XBOX version was not doing better.....They always seem to isolate a result to prop XBOX and say it's because of inferior PS hardware, but when something is better on PS.........It's always an excuse......Square are lazy devs for FF13, the XBOX tools are not ready, they had no issues with RER2 running 20 frames better on XBONE at the same resolution as PS4 in that faceoff, they deemed it PS4 struggling to run sections with heavy alpha as if PS4's better GPU and bandwidth should struggle more than XBOX at the same resolution at that..

So AC Unity is performing better because of the CPU, but they said nothing on why the resolution of AC unity had to be the same as the PS4 version. They used a marketed Witcher 3 on XBOX which run worse on PS4 and called it a CPU issue on PS4. They tried the same with Far Cry 4, same thing, PS4 having problems handling alpha......Nxgamer shot that down with a clear and precise video....They tried the CPU issue with GTA Remastered, Rockstar later patched in more CPU power to the PS4, that made that game run on par with XBOX whilst speeding through the city....Yet, beyond these games which they decide to start a narrative, pretty much every other open world game run better on PS4. Even on PRO with lower rez, which should not affect the CPU, PRO runs many games including open world games better.......The logic and excuses that DF staff come up with always baffles, because it's too obvious that it's erroneous and extremely defensive when things don't go so right in faceoffs for team green.....They thought this gen was a forgone conclusion with the Series X, Alex et al... have been hyping hardware raytracing, 12tf, vrs, vrr, Direct ML for well over a year now.....Prepare yourself for lots of excuses and ho-hum responses when PS5 wins more faceoffs.....It will be back to "like for like, vrr is a gamechanger, just buy an expensive tv just for XBOX which does not give you better controller response anyway, but we don't care, we just have to protect XBOX's "most powah-ful image".......
They are just partial as always. I repeat again, if ps5 was to the reversed side, this case wouldn't have been mounted in first place by them and they would have easily found a perfect excuse to fit to the performance results. AC Unity on console was exactly the perfect example how something was going wrong compared the hardware difference. But it didn't deserved the same attention because who cares about sony playstation.

Last edited:
RedGamingTech is now doing frame-rate tests.

Unfortunately his tool doesn't detect the screen tearing. So it's totally pointless in AC. For instance here:

DaBIIBN.jpg

ikbalCO

maybe, the reason why ps5 version is onpar and/or better is ps5 is easier to develope for when compare to series X|S. that may give developers more time to adjust for the platform.

because i remember there were a lot of comments coming from developers about how easy development was on ps5.

ethomaz

Banned
maybe, the reason why ps5 version is onpar and/or better is ps5 is easier to develope for when compare to series X|S. that may give developers more time to adjust for the platform.

because i remember there were a lot of comments coming from developers about how easy development was on ps5.
That is true when both machines are similar in power.

But that is against the narrative “world most powerful console”.

Top Bottom