• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VHS - Reveal Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

At long last. We are beyond proud to reveal VHS, our #4v1 asymmetric action tribute to 80s monster movies. We've worked for years to make #VHS a game we love to play. Now we need you, our fans, to make it even better! Join us for an epic adventure into The Beyond.
------
In VHS, you'll choose between good and evil and fight for your life in this thrilling 4v1 asymmetric action tribute to the 80s horror era-- where small town teens face off against terrifying monsters brought to life from the aisles of their local video store.

VHS combines tense 4v1 gameplay with stunning set-inspired maps, over the top weapons, and an endless array of colorful characters and costumes. No two matches are the same as power shifts unpredictably between teens and monster, ending in a dramatic fight-to-the-death climax.

In between sessions, unlock an ever-expanding VHS movie shelf filled with new monsters, teens, and maps along with extended and director’s cut challenges, and limited edition free cosmetics to become the ultimate player, collector, and fan.

How do you join the club?

Register to join our upcoming beta today at https://vhsgame.com

kunonabi

Might fare better if DBD wasn't snapping up all the licenses. Still if the game play isn't hot ass like DBD, etc. I'll probably give it a try.

Is this another one of those games where millenial creators struggle with what they think the 80s were actually like.
Tbf older millennials would actually remember what the '80s were like, since a millennial is someone born between 1981-1996. Sure, someone like me who was born in 1993 will never know the true '80s, but someone born in 1982 would at least remember the late '80s.

Pejo

From the few asymmetrical multiplayer games I've played, they're always fun at first before anybody really knows what they're doing. When you've hit the point that you're acquainted enough with the game that "meta" play becomes relevant, they become some of the least fun genres of games I've ever played. Best enjoyed if you can convince a handful of friends to play with you.

This one looks kinda janky, but at least there seems to be lots of interesting mechanics. Not my cup of tea aesthetically. It's like they're going 80s without realizing what the charm of the 80s actually was. The dance part was an instant turn-off as well.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Off topic, but you know beta was better right?
PertinentDistinctEgg-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom