• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice City 2^H^H^H^H^H^Scarface Screens! "I can't believe it's not GTA!"

Matlock

Banned
http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?cId=3134015

Also note that the dev house behind this was also behind Simpsons: Hit and Run.

<Rorschach> Hey, you gotta find a niche...theirs is ripping off GTA games

"Inspired by Tony's coke-fueled, bullet riddled rampage at the end of the Scarface flick, Radical has translated this near invincibility into 'rage mode."
--which enables FPS mode and INVINCIBILITY. Think: bullet time + god mode.

"'We're not gonna make Tony Montana a generic videogame psycho killer just for the sake of doing it,' adds Wanat. 'If the player is allowed just to kill random people, well that's not Tony Montana. Go play a dozen other shitty videogames that let you kill anybody you want.'"

More hilarity:

You deliver drugs (no shit), but nobody in the game actually does any drugs.

David McKenna (American History X, Blow) is writing the script. ... ... ...

In one screen in the mag, there are four guys attacking at once, that are all posed and modeled the same exact way.

Missions include, and tell me if you've heard these somewhere before...Running drugs, assassinating competitors, and boat races.

"When you get into a taxi, you can do missions with that."

-GENIUS LEVEL IDEAS

Coop

A continuation of the classic film, where players control Tony Montana after he lives through the end of the original movie.

ugh

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"...in a few weeks, you'll be able to say hello to an awesome new game that everyone will be dying to play."

HAHAHAHHA IM STILL LAUGHING

Coop said:
A continuation of the classic film, where players control Tony Montana after he lives through the end of the original movie.

ugh

he lives?!? What the fuck is this, Young Guns 2? I can't wait to play as Zombie Sonny in EA's Godfather game.

Socreges

Banned
Peter Wanat, producer of The Chronicles of Riddick, is VU Games' Senior Producer on Scarface, and he tells EGM: "Players have seen the movie -- the movie does a great job of telling that story. We would much rather give the player a unique experience. We're gonna get away from games [where] you've seen the movie, [now] play the movie."

In other words, shameless exploitation of a popular franchise. JUST SAY IT.

ugh
You're joking...? Please?

Matlock

Banned
A note about that, taken from this month's EGM.

"Inspired by Tony's coke-fueled, bullet riddled rampage at the end of the Scarface flick, Radical has translated this near invincibility into 'rage mode."

Also of note: you can't hurt anyone that ain't bringing the fight to you.

---edit----

"'We're not gonna make Tony Montana a generic videogame psycho killer just for the sake of doing it,' adds Wanat. 'If the player is allowed just to kill random people, well that's not Tony Montana. Go play a dozen other shitty videogames that let you kill anybody you want.'"

Bowser

Wario64 said:
"...in a few weeks, you'll be able to say hello to an awesome new game that everyone will be dying to play."

HAHAHAHHA IM STILL LAUGHING
lol, wow; what the hell was EGM thinking proclaiming this game as one everyone will be dying to play? That's quite possibly the funniest thing I've heard (well, aside from the Iggles being the favorites to come out of the NFC :p)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I guess this is a Bad Boys 2 killer...

andthebeatgoeson

Matlock said:

Get the fuck out of there. He did not just say that. Holy shit.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Guess this is coming out around the time the Scarface Series is coming out on USA. Ironically, it has the same plot. Tony never died.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Oh my.

hobbitx

Sounds cool, when I saw that I always did kinda imagine he lived afterwards in my imagination. I wonder if they let you get revenge on that greasy guy who sent those guys.

Matlock

Banned
More hilarity:

You deliver drugs (no shit), but nobody in the game actually does any drugs.

David McKenna (American History X, Blow) is writing the script. ... ... ...

In one screen in the mag, there are four guys attacking at once, that are all posed and modeled the same exact way.

Missions include, and tell me if you've heard these somewhere before...Running drugs, assassinating competitors, and boat races.

"When you get into a taxi, you can do missions with that."

I think that's about enough for tidbits from the article. Y'all had better find the magazine to share the full hilarity.

Matlock

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
how did he live last I check a point black shotgun blast + about 30+ rounds in the chest kills you unless your a terminator

Not to mention the cocaine-aided heart attack.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
1-10.jpg

----

http://chespace.1up.com

HAOHMARU

WTF you guys...am I the only one looking forward to this? GTA: SA is going to suck compared to the Scarface game. Those graphics are awesome.

HAOHMARU said:
WTF you guys...am I the only one looking forward to this? GTA: SA is going to suck compared to the Scarface game. Those graphics are awesome.

SUCK!? SUCK!?

every gta game 3 and on has basically BEEN SCARFACE

unless you dont like the ORANGE lighting in SA :D

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.

*rolls on the floor laughting* ok not really but i almost did.

calder

Wow... just... wow. That was the superexclusive EGM was pimping? A shitty looking game based on a movie licence no one really considered for a game anyway? Rage mode?? RAGE MODE??!?

Ugh, and they desecrate a classic (if not exactly super-great) movie.

Bwahahaha.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I went to bed, woke up, and I'm still pissed about this game. I need another nap, otherwise I'm going to go into RAGE MODE!!1!

HAOHMARU said:
Yeah, all of you are smoking crack. I mean look at the character models in the screenshots, his skin doesn't even come CLOSE to being black!

Top Bottom