• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice City 2^H^H^H^H^H^Scarface Screens! "I can't believe it's not GTA!"

Isn't it funny how they rarely, if ever, put the big XBOX games on the cover but will always have room for crappy ass looking PS2 games? I mean why have FABLE on the cover when you can have Scarface, right? It almost reeeks of desperation on EGMs part. I have a feeling they are losing ALOT of the best stories to mags like Game Informer because their magazine is nowhere near as good as it was. I've been reading EGM since the debut of Sega Genesis for gods sakes, and its steadily gotten worse and worse. Too many Sony moneyhats and Nintendo fanboys on the staff. I really hope they get their act together again.

Hypothetical:

if FORZA Motorsport ends up being the awesomest racing game EVER to hit a console and completely blows away GT 4, you know what will end up on the cover that month? Need For Speed Underground 2 because its an EA game, or another Dak and Jaxter sequel.

Guaranteed.

Blazing Sword said:
Isn't it funny how they rarely, if ever, put the big XBOX games on the cover but will always have room for crappy ass looking PS2 games? I mean why have FABLE on the cover when you van have Scarface, right? It almost reeeks of desperation on EGMs part. I have a feeling they are losing ALOT of the best stories to mags like Game Informer because their magazine is nowhere near as good as it was. I've been reading EGM since the debut of Sega Genesis for gods sakes, and its steadily gotten worse and worse. Too many Sony moneyhats and Nintendo fanboys on the staff. I really hope they get their act together again.

BWAHAHAHAHA! You think Sony paid them to put this piece of shit game on the cover? Or that they only put it on their to spite the xbox? Straight outta TXB.

Ninja Scooter said:
BWAHAHAHAHA! You think Sony paid them to put this piece of shit game on the cover? Or that they only put it on their to spite the xbox? Straight outta TXB.

Don't be an arse. I did'nt say Sony paid them, but I am saying they are losing alot of big stories because of their Sony bias.

Blazing Sword said:
Don't be an arse. I did'nt say Sony paid them, but I am saying they are losing alot of big stories because of their Sony bias.

How would putting Fable on the cover be a bigger story than Scarface, a game no one has seen before? Just a few months ago they had KoTOR2 on the cover, what was the point of that? They could've had GT4 on the cover agian. Sure it's not new, but their Sony bias should been at the front, right? :p

teepo

Blazing Sword said:
Isn't it funny how they rarely, if ever, put the big XBOX games on the cover but will always have room for crappy ass looking PS2 games? I mean why have FABLE on the cover when you can have Scarface, right? It almost reeeks of desperation on EGMs part. I have a feeling they are losing ALOT of the best stories to mags like Game Informer because their magazine is nowhere near as good as it was. I've been reading EGM since the debut of Sega Genesis for gods sakes, and its steadily gotten worse and worse. Too many Sony moneyhats and Nintendo fanboys on the staff. I really hope they get their act together again.

Hypothetical:

if FORZA Motorsport ends up being the awesomest racing game EVER to hit a console and completely blows away GT 4, you know what will end up on the cover that month? Need For Speed Underground 2 because its an EA game, or another Dak and Jaxter sequel.

Guaranteed.

yeh because they are well known franchises that will help sell the magazine. SIMPLE COMMON SENSE.

Blazing Sword said:

Scarface is a big title. Whether or not we hardcore gamers like it or not, the game will likely strike it big with the casuals who ate up Driv3r and True Crime despite questionable quality. Add the Scarface brand to that and you have the potential for a big selling title. Seeing Scarface on the cover of a magazine, while making most of us here laugh at the prospects of a game based on the movie, will get their attention, possibly even moreso than the aforementioned "Fable". EGM is like the MTV of videogame magazines. They cater to the mainstream, cause **DUH** the mainstream is what make videogames the multi-billion dollar industry it is.

well. depends on what goggles you had one.

the same issue they had prime echoes, they gave the cove to KOTOR2. I felt MPE deserved the cover considering it was GOTY 2003 but hey... you know what..they're not really that biased.

Ranger X

I have to say it sorry: "Another piece of shit aside GTA just like True Crimes"

How come i didn't hear that earlier in this thread?? You guys sleeping at the wheel? ;)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Does anyone else remember when Next-Generation put Blasto on their cover and touted it as the next big thing? I've looked everywhere but I think the Imagine gestapo has eliminated all traces of its existence.

Matlock

Banned
Minotauro said:
Does anyone else remember when Next-Generation put Blasto on their cover and touted it as the next big thing? I've looked everywhere but I think the Imagine gestapo has eliminated all traces of its existence.

Heck, even PSM got on the Blasto Cockriding Experience.

Blazing Sword said:
Hypothetical:

Guaranteed.
The only magazines that would put Forza ahead of GT4 on the cover, regardless of either game's quality, would be XBN and OXM. Forza is not going to sell magazines.

vibribbon

FoneBone said:
They actually put that on the cover?

And yeah, this is a new low for EGM. The casuals will probably eat this up, though.

BTW, what does ^H^H^H^H^ [etc] mean?

In a Unix or similar terminal session, when your keyboard wasn't mapped properly you'd get ^H characters on the screen whenever you tried to use the backspace key. In this case it means "I tried to delete that". It's funny, that really took me back!

Some random thoughts about this craptacular game:

1. TONY DOESN'T FUCKING DIE AT THE END OF SCARFACE?!?!!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!?!

2. Talk about totally wrong direction to approach this game. Why not elaborate on Tony's rise to the top which was just breezed over in the movie while a crappy song was playing? I can picture plenty more crazy deals almost going wrong or having to evade the police, etc.

3. Dissing other games that you are blatantly ripping off makes you sound like a complete fucking idiot Mr. VU producer.

4. TONY DOESN'T FUCKING DIE AT THE END OF SCARFACE?!?!!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!?!

5. You goddamn know this game's gonna have a "happy ending" unlike the movie.

6. The real reason why this game takes place after the movie is to trim down having to pay the cost for the "likenesses" and potentially even VO for the various actors that might've wanted to participate in the development.

7. TONY DOESN'T FUCKING DIE AT THE END OF SCARFACE?!?!!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!?!

8. This game makes me sad..........................

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
it's not the first time they try to fuck the movie

"When the film was re-released in theaters in 2003, the studio wanted Brian De Palma to change the soundtrack so that rap songs inspired by the movie could be used. De Palma refused."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/trivia

Edit : Rapper are not the only one influenced by the movie

"The International Corporation set up by Saddam Hussein to launder money from his various enterprises was called Montana Management."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Mr_Furious said:
Some random thoughts about this craptacular game:

1. TONY DOESN'T FUCKING DIE AT THE END OF SCARFACE?!?!!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!?!

3. Dissing other games that you are blatantly ripping off makes you sound like a complete fucking idiot Mr. VU producer.

4. TONY DOESN'T FUCKING DIE AT THE END OF SCARFACE?!?!!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!?!

7. TONY DOESN'T FUCKING DIE AT THE END OF SCARFACE?!?!!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!?!

8. This game makes me sad..........................

I completely agree with these points right here! 1, 4, and 7 sum it up very very nicely

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Milhouse31 said:
it's not the first time they try to fuck the movie

"When the film was re-released in theaters in 2003, the studio wanted Brian De Palma to change the soundtrack so that rap songs inspired by the movie could be used. De Palma refused."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/trivia

They still made the album.....

Mason

This is so stupid. Some rappers saw the movie and started talking about it all the time, now every black person and wannabe black person thinks Scarface is awesome, and they're taking advantage of that.

I also can't believe this is the big exclusive. How fucking sad.

Mrbob

Grimlock said:
Before I saw that 1up post, I was going to renew my EGM subscription.

Not anymore.

EXCLUSIVE: SHITTY GTA RIP OFF

I'm running on a free subscription right now. With a crummy exclusive like this (I just read it today, YAWN), I'm glad I'm not paying for this crap.

It is a sad day when Game Informer has been constantly trumping EGM.

Do you think they could move my EGM subscription for a XBN subscription? I'd rather pay for quality, thanks.

Prince of Space said:
Of course. Why else would they make a continuation of the MOST OVERRATED MOVIE EVER?!!

This bares repeating once more.

This game is of course genius. Watch it outself every other game out there, seriously. Who's it going to appeal to? Casuals who bought GTA3 and GTA: VC and who only buy GTA clones. They'll buy this piece of shit, so long as Pachio's sound bites can be heard.

sonnyandtessio.jpg

Top Bottom