• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice: Sony documents show that single player is thriving, PlayStation users spend more time playing offline games than online ones

Precisely why many console gamer's will never figure out why PC gaming is so glorious, of course who can blame them - they've been stuck with a Player cap of 4-8-16-32 player's for so long I'm surprised Warzone is even trendy on consoles.

Kdad

I'm extremely skeptical.

There's no way more time is spent on single player games.
What percentage of players have PS+? Less than 50% isnt it? So what do you think us non PS+ players are doing (it isnt F2P)

I currently have a backlog of approx 35 PS4 games that are either single player or I'll only be playing the single player component of....I'm still opening single player games from the PS3 era...

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
The company's own data showed that people were spending more time playing single player games

33Ch.gif

Raonak

Banned
The problem with multiplayer games is that they're insanely grindy and never really end.

I want to be able to finish a game and move on to the next one.

Multiplayer games never give you that satisfaction.

Its why I bought PS4 Pro over Xbox One X.

Gran Turismo Sport,
Forza Horizon 4,
Forza 5.

Gran Turismo Sport forces you to connect online to save your single player progress. Once Sony turns off the servers for Sport (which they did with GT6 in less than 5 years) the game will be useless.

Gran Turismo was Sony's biggest IP going into previous gen and they used it to force DRM.

Meanwhile the online games are ranking in the billions.

How much billions are Anthem, Bleeding Edge, Battleborn or LawBreakers ranking in?

If an online title doesn't capture a mainstream audience right away, it's pretty much screwed.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
I'm glad to hear that but I personally wasn't able to enjoy a lot of single player games this generation, especially of the kind that Sony is known for. I know the games regularly score great, but it's just getting kind of stale to me where I would rather play something where I'm actually learning.

"The problem with multiplayer gaming is it give's you infinite replayability"

Who want's to play online games with infinite replayability due to online player skill, outside of Madden and Tekken or CoD.

I wouldn't want to play MP gaming if I was stuck believing PS3 had a game that allowed 250 players to play together simultaneously either - particularly when in actuality it only allowed for a handful of player's to play together at a time, then loaded up and chauffeured players/forced them to wait in a room with another group of people forced to wait and with objective to resolve... while waiting for the next portion of the map/next group of player's to load.

Truth is, console gamer's wont ever genuinely enjoy MP gaming until it reaches exact parity with PC - which it should this gen; unless of course you want to play an amazing MP game of Starcraft 2 or something like Star Citizen/Elite Dangerous - that's the other part of the equation - controller's don't match mouse and keyboard/Flight Sticks for online gaming/Strategies/Massive MP games.

Until Console Gamer's get a proper taste of MP gaming without being subjugated to smaller level's, lower player count's, inferior graphic's to make multiplayer work, loading zones, inferior controls, inferior netcode, zero mod support, bad online communities, gameplay mechanics better suited to PC - while PC has non of the above issues and you can remain playing PC games on Ultra Setting's even during MP - they will continue playing single player game's and love it.

Meanwhile, I can easily play a MP game that jumps from First Person Shooter to Top Down RTS, to Isometric Dungeon Crawling online rpg - then easily grab my flight stick when it jump's into flight sim Space Flight without any hassle whatsoever.

Gran Turismo Sport forces you to connect online to save your single player progress. Once Sony turns off the servers for Sport (which they did with GT6 in less than 5 years) the game will be useless.

Gran Turismo was Sony's biggest IP going into previous gen and they used it to force DRM.
I knew GT Sport was online focused before I bought it. I also knew of the online save issue.
The thing is I've loved GT from the start and I've always bought a Gran Turismo with every new PS console.

Also there is no reason they can't go back to the single player campaign like they used to have in GT3 (my favourite Gran Turismo of all). If they stick with the online focused play in GT7, I won't mind either.

Sony fans are beta males confirmed, they're too scared to enter a competition against a real person.
What does this mean?

Last edited:

EDMIX

It's not even true.

Most played games - Microsoft Store
Look at XBoxs most played games

ikr we just going to ignore the lack of many single player games on XB huh? We literally going to ignore the very thread states as follows "documents show that single player is thriving PLAYSTATION USERS SPEND MORE TIME" How is Vice lying? How is this "bogus"? MS has had a terrible generation bud, my god...out of even the top 30, not a single new IP from MS is even listed, single player or otherwise. So I don't know if I'd use that as an example of something being "bogus", its literally evidence that single player titles and new IP very much move the industry forward and MS selling the least systems again for the 3rd generation in a row might have to do with having very little new IP or single player titles (or both)

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Most played doesn't necessarily equal most profitable though. Someone could play 1000 hours of Fortnite without Epic ever getting a penny.

If you change to most sold games, the list is very different.

A large portion of gamers are adults with jobs and families. We buy games more than teens, but might not have as much time to play, so metrics will change vastly depending on how you look at it.

I'm not refuting profit. I'm skeptical of this bogus story that more time
The OP mentions what players prefer and where they spend more time.

It doesn't mention where they spend more money. Companies like Rockstar spend more on multiplayer because they think (backed by data) that people is more likely to buy DLC on multiplayer games because due to its nature they keep playing them during more days.

I assume it's good and normal to cheer what you think it's good news and good articles and to call bullshit or crap what you consider it's bullshit or crap.

This time I think this article is good.
The OP mentions what players prefer and where they spend more time.

It doesn't mention where they spend more money. Companies like Rockstar spend more on multiplayer because they think (backed by data) that people is more likely to buy DLC on multiplayer games because due to its nature they keep playing them during more days.

I assume it's good and normal to cheer what you think it's good news and good articles and to call bullshit or crap what you consider it's bullshit or crap.

This time I think this article is good.

I think it's better to think critically about topics regardless of our opi
What percentage of players have PS+? Less than 50% isnt it? So what do you think us non PS+ players are doing (it isnt F2P)

I currently have a backlog of approx 35 PS4 games that are either single player or I'll only be playing the single player component of....I'm still opening single player games from the PS3 era...

Same rule would apply for XBox gamers with Live. But we pretty clearly see multiplayer games dominate play time on XBox.

And actually, PlayStation provides free multiplayer (Xbox requires Live) for certain games which means your PS+ point is mostly moot.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
ikr we just going to ignore the lack of many single player games on XB huh? We literally going to ignore the very thread states as follows "documents show that single player is thriving PLAYSTATION USERS SPEND MORE TIME" How is Vice lying? How is this "bogus"? MS has had a terrible generation bud, my god...out of even the top 30, not a single new IP from MS is even listed, single player or otherwise. So I don't know if I'd use that as an example of something being "bogus", its literally evidence that single player titles and new IP very much move the industry forward and MS selling the least systems again for the 3rd generation in a row might have to do with having very little new IP or single player titles (or both)

There's many third party single player games released on XBox.

They never compete with multiplayer games in terms of play time for longer than a day or two.

The article is bogus. Vice doesn't provide quality journalism.

Kdad

Same rule would apply for XBox gamers with Live. But we pretty clearly see multiplayer games dominate play time on XBox.

And actually, PlayStation provides free multiplayer (Xbox requires Live) for certain games which means your PS+ point is mostly moot.

Unless you can show the breakdown of Live in paid vs non paid....you really don't know the penetration levels of Xbox for online subs. I mentioned PS+ F2P in my comment.
Sony has a long history of single player games and was late to online (PS2 fans dont @ me with the limited PS2 online lol) and didn't build their reputation with online games...Xbox built its rep on LIVE and pushed the online gaming aspect historically. You have generations of PS1 and PS2 players that are 40 to 60 years old right now and I'm confident we don't play much online (anecdotal).

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Well, that's mostly because Nintendo Switch is where the great local co-op games are at. 2 players can play on a pair of joy cons, and there's Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, Sonic & Mario Olympics, ARMS, Mario Tennis Ace, 1-2 Switch etc.

I knew GT Sport was online focused before I bought it. I also knew of the online save issue.
The thing is I've loved GT from the start and I've always bought a Gran Turismo with every new PS console.

Also there is no reason they can't go back to the single player campaign like they used to have in GT3 (my favourite Gran Turismo of all). If they stick with the online focused play in GT7, I won't mind either.

If the game was designed around being dependent on online servers, sort of like Destiny, I would understand. But it's just flat out DRM. Sony did this to prevent hacks & cheaters and punished the end user because of it. Codemasters did the same with Dirt Rally 2.0 to protect leaderboards. If every publisher had this mindset then offline gaming wouldn't exist.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Unless you can show the breakdown of Live in paid vs non paid....you really don't know the penetration levels of Xbox for online subs. I mentioned PS+ F2P in my comment.
Sony has a long history of single player games and was late to online (PS2 fans dont @ me with the limited PS2 online lol) and didn't build their reputation with online games...You have generations of PS1 and PS2 players that are 40 to 60 years old righ now and I'm confident we dont play much online (anedotal)..

It's pretty reasonable to think PS+ and XBox Live have pretty similar attachment rates. And again, PlayStation doesn't require PS+ for many games that require XBox Live which means even more can play multiplayer on PlayStation.

You just have to look at how dismally the big third party single player games do in terms of play time on XBox Live to get a gauge of how they do on PlayStation.

Nothing about this article rings true.

If the game was designed around being dependent on online servers, sort of like Destiny, I would understand. But it's just flat out DRM. Sony did this to prevent hacks & cheaters and punished the end user because of it. Codemasters did the same with Dirt Rally 2.0 to protect leaderboards. If every publisher had this mindset then offline gaming wouldn't exist.
Hard to disagree with that TBH.

diffusionx

Gold Member
There's a lot of older gamers nowadays that don't have the time to invest in grindy GaaS games but don't want to leave gaming as a hobby. Those well-made single player games fulfill the desire of experiencing something magical and awesome that he experienced when he was younger playing games.

Yea, hah, I'm one of them. Like I said I still do play MP games occasionally but the idea of me dropping tons of hours into a GAAS battle pass... it just isn't happening.

The problem with multiplayer games is that they're insanely grindy and never really end.

I want to be able to finish a game and move on to the next one.

Multiplayer games never give you that satisfaction.

The idea of MP games is that they are fun. You play them because they are fun. Not once did I play Quake 3, or CS, or Starcraft, or Unreal Tournament, or whatever, so I can grind some unlocks, because there weren't any.

I think the real issue is that many of these MP games just suck and aren't fun, and instead get traction by hooking people to the loot grind.

MrS

Banned
It's pretty reasonable to think PS+ and XBox Live have pretty similar attachment rates. And again, PlayStation doesn't require PS+ for many games that require XBox Live which means even more can play multiplayer on PlayStation.

You just have to look at how dismally the big third party single player games do in terms of play time on XBox Live to get a gauge of how they do on PlayStation.

Nothing about this article rings true.
So we are to believe infamous GAF shit talker, Xbox fanboy and champion of MP games Men_in_Boxes over Patrick Klepek, a 10+ year games journalist who obviously has sources throughout the industry?

I don't think so.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
So we are to believe infamous GAF shit talker, Xbox fanboy and champion of MP games Men_in_Boxes over Patrick Klepek, a 10+ year games journalist?

I don't think so.

Don't trust either of us.

Use your own mind. Realize how ridiculous and vague the article is.

Hezekiah

Banned
Single-player games with a splash of multiplayer on the side.

Some of the best games this gen:
God of War, Witcher, Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Horizon, Red Dead Redemption, Spiderman, Uncharted, Prey - with The Last of Us, Ghosts of Tsushima and Cyberpunk to come. For multiplayer I have BF1 and BF5 for dipping in and out (don't play FIFA anymore). Can't beat that combination imo.

Saber

Gold Member
Glad to see they're finally realizing the beauty of singleplayer. Now, we just need more co-op splitscreen functions.

mhirano

Amazing news!
F*ck GaaS and F*ck multiplayer games where 12yo players call me gay and say that they bang my mom.
Single player games for life.

banjo5150

Thank god they are all in on single player games. I admit it, I absolutely suck with online multiplayer. Between family, work, working out, ect... just dont have time to play to be kinda good at anything. I play single player games and take my time with them. I literally could care less about online multiplayer it is zero fun for me to just spawn and die. LOL

Pretty much. My session usually begins with Apex Legends for an hour then deep dive into a huge single player game. Wouldnt have it any other way.

For the last 15+ years it's been XBOX for Live and 3rd party... and PS2/3/4 and now 5 for Single Player AAA.

That's how I justify buying both every generation.

Last edited:

Three

This is great news. The issue I see though is that even though people spend more time playing single player games they spend less money compared to online games with loot boxes and microtransactions.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
When RDR2 first launched (without multiplayer) it reached as high as the number 2 spot on XBox Lives Most Played Games list.

It stayed there for roughly 24 hours. Within a week it dropped off the top 50 list completely.

If you think Sony's single player games are significantly bigger or have exponentially longer legs than RDR2, I have a bridge to sell you.

I think that from EA and Activision's point of view it's not how much time you play, but how much money you spend on loot boxes and other predatory features of their products.

Raonak

Banned
The idea of MP games is that they are fun. You play them because they are fun. Not once did I play Quake 3, or CS, or Starcraft, or Unreal Tournament, or whatever, so I can grind some unlocks, because there weren't any.

I think the real issue is that many of these MP games just suck and aren't fun, and instead get traction by hooking people to the loot grind.
When I mean grindy, i don't really mean level ups and whatnot, I actually mean they're a timesink.

Pretty much all (serious) multiplayer games require you to dedicate a lot of time to actually get good,
and you need to keep playing constantly to keep being good.

I love rocket league, because it's mega fun. but every time I pick it up, im aware of how rusty I've become.
I like PUBG, but I suck ass at the game.

There's always someone better than you. so I don't get the satisfaction of "beating" the game, because there's no-way to become the best in the world.

Yep. Playing through and finishing Last Of Us 2 reminded me how important and enjoyable these experiences are.
It reminded you to play a good one?

Precisely why many console gamer's will never figure out why PC gaming is so glorious

You can't even use punctuation correctly, why the hell would I listen to you?

If you think Sony's single player games are significantly bigger or have exponentially longer legs than RDR2, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ghost of Tsushima is as long, if not longer.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually bothered reading the article...or at least the second part of OP's first sentence?

The company's own data showed that people were spending more time playing single player games, but struggled making it part of their schedule.

This article isn't really a flex for single player games being perfect the way they are. It's more of a warning for how unsustainable they can become if game makers don't find ways to address some of the issues listed below.

The company then outlined what players say are their problems with single player games:
  • "No idea how long I might need, don't play unless I have 2+ free hours"
  • "Takes a lot of time to scan through long help videos when stuck"
  • "How to engage socially without risk of spoilers"
  • "Forgot what I was doing in this game last time, hard to get back in"

It's great that Sony is taking measures to help, though. I hope that this means that we get more endlessly replayable single player games (BotW, Skyrim, Minecraft) and less "beat it once and move on" type games.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Single-player games with a splash of multiplayer on the side.

Some of the best games this gen:
God of War, Witcher, Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Horizon, Red Dead Redemption, Spiderman, Uncharted, Prey - with The Last of Us, Ghosts of Tsushima and Cyberpunk to come. For multiplayer I have BF1 and BF5 for dipping in and out (don't play FIFA anymore). Can't beat that combination imo.

FUCKING FACTS!!!

I have no issue with BF just being my MP go to. I don't play Call Of Duty anymore or other MP titles. Those days are over for me lol During the PS3/360 gen, I was playing Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike, Team Fortress etc. This gen, the majority of my play time has been with more single players and only 1 MP series. I really tried to get into Destiny, I even got Call Of Duty Ghost free from a Target sale when PS4 first launched, but that feel was just gone. So I believe most just don't do MP that well as its a very hard thing to do consistently well, DICE have that masterful record of doing that pretty fucking well, even the worst DICE game is still imho one of the top MP titles to release this generation. I just enjoy going thru more single player titles and putting 300 hours in 3 MP titles or something.

Battlefield 4 400 plus hours
Battlefield 1 80 hours or so
Battlefield V 300 plus hours

Thats more then enough MP for me for the whole gen. I'm happy to spend more time in single player titles as I get to experience different concepts and go thru more games.

Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes Not really man, you are simply mad at the data provided. We are suppose to ignore Horizon moving 10 million units? God Of War? Spiderman? Uncharted 4? soooo when they have many titles moving shit like 10 million, 13 million, 16 million its really, really hard to try to pretend maybe Vice is lying about something. Why would you being triggered over a fucking website change a factual number? Make it make sense bud.

There's many third party single player games released on XBox.

the reality is those game simply do not perform well on that platform because the majority of that based simply does not buy those games to the same degree Nintendo and PlayStation Gamers buy them.

So what you have to understand is such a thing occurs because of series like Uncharted or The Last of Us or God of War when you have many of these franchises break numerous records because of single player fans why would you be surprised that something like Tomb Raider or control or anything like that sell better to that fanbase? They wanted those type of games therefore they purchased a system that already got those properties.

So to someone who enjoys single player games why the fuck would they buy a system that also does not have a massive fucking chunk of single player games? So at the end of the day even if you tell somebody they are going to get Tomb Raider and control they are also going to get those on PlayStation on top of Uncharted The Last of Us God of War Horizon what have you.

soooooooo those games being on many platforms is completely irrelevant when one of the console makers excels greatly with single player games. so Vice did a good job with this data because ultimately Sony has already broken several records with their single player games my God I believe a few of their titles have literally sold more units than all of the top titles Microsoft put out this generation combined......

So if anything it's up to you to actually even fucking prove that something is false about this.

I mean you're skeptical about the Last of Us 2 breaking records for Sony? God of War? Spider-Man? Ghost of tsushima? Horizon zero Dawn? OK pal

I also don't see the point in trying to attack Vice and even Gamers on the thread as if they should only have one fucking opinion regarding a journalist at the end of the day I believe people should only judge this information article by article not trying to fucking argue they need to always have one opinion about something regardless of the contexts because it literally sounds like you desperately want people to universally in absolution hate the journalist regardless of the information being put out because you're triggered.

When RDR2 first launched (without multiplayer) it reached as high as the number 2 spot on XBox Lives Most Played Games list.

It stayed there for roughly 24 hours. Within a week it dropped off the top 50 list completely.

I know right.....that only proves most PS gamers continue to play single player titles though, that isn't a concept MOST XB gamers care about, they care more for MP titles.

You are not fucking arguing against the argument of this website, you are just confirming its not a game type that XB gamers continue to play..........thats it.

Soooooooo understand you are not telling us something new sir, in fact you are only confirming what the article is even saying, that yes indeed.....XB gamers do favor MP titles, even to the point of not playing Red Dead 2 as much as PS gamers. Thanks for understanding that I guess...

So why even fucking tell us VICE must be "bogus" on a article talking about single player games doing well on Playstation, only to just say shit like "Within a week it dropped off the top 50 list completely" on a game on XB? So yea.....it dropped off the top 50 list completely...ON XBOX.

Warablo Warablo Nope. It was a writer and you need a bit more context.

As in...PRICE, nothing to do with being against single player and for MP or something. Simply that the price needed to fit for titles like what we are seeing to continue to exist in a heathy industry.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
This is stupid and I don't believe it for a second outside the hardcore in here there is very few who play the couple of Sony exclusives a year and then put the system away. Fortnight call of duty rocket league ect rack up millions of hours played but most playstations are offline sure lol.

On average I spend more time on my PS4 than my pc. Recently im spending more time on pc because i dont have a PS5 :(. This year was stacked. I have easily hundred of hours spent in Last of us part 2, ghost, FF7:R, YAKUZA collection. Now replaying halo MCC on PC and falling back in love with the lore of Halo.

When there are games to play you spend a lot of time in them. Which is why there are a lot of single player games coming for Playstation in first 12 months.

pratyush

I hope Microsoft also jump on this ... Single player games ftw.. I enjoy multi player games but one or two in a year is good enough.. don't want every game to have that.

As for people posting Amy Henning article about price of Single player games, it's one of the reason i feel single player games will suffer with Gamepass like model.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
FUCKING FACTS!!!

I have no issue with BF just being my MP go to. I don't play Call Of Duty anymore or other MP titles. Those days are over for me lol During the PS3/360 gen, I was playing Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike, Team Fortress etc. This gen, the majority of my play time has been with more single players and only 1 MP series. I really tried to get into Destiny, I even got Call Of Duty Ghost free from a Target sale when PS4 first launched, but that feel was just gone. So I believe most just don't do MP that well as its a very hard thing to do consistently well, DICE have that masterful record of doing that pretty fucking well, even the worst DICE game is still imho one of the top MP titles to release this generation. I just enjoy going thru more single player titles and putting 300 hours in 3 MP titles or something.

Battlefield 4 400 plus hours
Battlefield 1 80 hours or so
Battlefield V 300 plus hours

Thats more then enough MP for me for the whole gen. I'm happy to spend more time in single player titles as I get to experience different concepts and go thru more games.

Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes Not really man, you are simply mad at the data provided. We are suppose to ignore Horizon moving 10 million units? God Of War? Spiderman? Uncharted 4? soooo when they have many titles moving shit like 10 million, 13 million, 16 million its really, really hard to try to pretend maybe Vice is lying about something. Why would you being triggered over a fucking website change a factual number? Make it make sense bud.

the reality is those game simply do not perform well on that platform because the majority of that based simply does not buy those games to the same degree Nintendo and PlayStation Gamers buy them.

So what you have to understand is such a thing occurs because of series like Uncharted or The Last of Us or God of War when you have many of these franchises break numerous records because of single player fans why would you be surprised that something like Tomb Raider or control or anything like that sell better to that fanbase? They wanted those type of games therefore they purchased a system that already got those properties.

So to someone who enjoys single player games why the fuck would they buy a system that also does not have a massive fucking chunk of single player games? So at the end of the day even if you tell somebody they are going to get Tomb Raider and control they are also going to get those on PlayStation on top of Uncharted The Last of Us God of War Horizon what have you.

soooooooo those games being on many platforms is completely irrelevant when one of the console makers excels greatly with single player games. so Vice did a good job with this data because ultimately Sony has already broken several records with their single player games my God I believe a few of their titles have literally sold more units than all of the top titles Microsoft put out this generation combined......

So if anything it's up to you to actually even fucking prove that something is false about this.

I mean you're skeptical about the Last of Us 2 breaking records for Sony? God of War? Spider-Man? Ghost of tsushima? Horizon zero Dawn? OK pal

I also don't see the point in trying to attack Vice and even Gamers on the thread as if they should only have one fucking opinion regarding a journalist at the end of the day I believe people should only judge this information article by article not trying to fucking argue they need to always have one opinion about something regardless of the contexts because it literally sounds like you desperately want people to universally in absolution hate the journalist regardless of the information being put out because you're triggered.

I know right.....that only proves most PS gamers continue to play single player titles though, that isn't a concept MOST XB gamers care about, they care more for MP titles.

You are not fucking arguing against the argument of this website, you are just confirming its not a game type that XB gamers continue to play..........thats it.

Soooooooo understand you are not telling us something new sir, in fact you are only confirming what the article is even saying, that yes indeed.....XB gamers do favor MP titles, even to the point of not playing Red Dead 2 as much as PS gamers. Thanks for understanding that I guess...

So why even fucking tell us VICE must be "bogus" on a article talking about single player games doing well on Playstation, only to just say shit like "Within a week it dropped off the top 50 list completely" on a game on XB? So yea.....it dropped off the top 50 list completely...ON XBOX.

Warablo Warablo Nope. It was a writer and you need a bit more context.

As in...PRICE, nothing to do with being against single player and for MP or something. Simply that the price needed to fit for titles like what we are seeing to continue to exist in a heathy industry.

Your entire post hinges on the idea that PlayStation gamers behave radically different than XBox gamers.

Every piece of data that we've ever seen suggests they don't.

The story has been debunked.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Actually...wtf.

RDR2 REEMERGED on XBox Lives Most Played Games list as soon as multiplayer was added.

How can you people buy this stuff?!

quest

Not Banned from OT
On average I spend more time on my PS4 than my pc. Recently im spending more time on pc because i dont have a PS5 :(. This year was stacked. I have easily hundred of hours spent in Last of us part 2, ghost, FF7:R, YAKUZA collection. Now replaying halo MCC on PC and falling back in love with the lore of Halo.

When there are games to play you spend a lot of time in them. Which is why there are a lot of single player games coming for Playstation in first 12 months.
I basically only play single player like ghosts of tsushima, a plague tale or gears tactics. For everyone of me there is bunch of folks who play mostly multi player. If it was the other way around the attach rate as I said would be 20 plus instead of 10. Unless you think people play thier ps4 100 hours a year 2.5 single player games. People love Sony single player games I do but still mostly play fortnight, cod, rocket league ect.

Woggleman

As much as I hate how Rockstar embraces MP so much I must admit it has been a success for them. GTAO pretty much is a money factory at this point. It's sad seeing a Dev I used to love so much go down that road but it is what it is.

Top Bottom