• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice: The Best 20 Video Games of 2015

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
http://www.vice.com/read/the-top-20-video-games-of-2015-according-to-vice-999

20. Destiny: The Taken King
19. Invisible, Inc
18. Guitar Hero Live
17. Rise of the Tomb Raider
16. Tales from the Borderlands
15. Batman: Arkham Knight
14. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
13. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
12. Until Dawn
11. Her Story
10. SOMA
9. Super Mario Maker
8. Undertale
7. Splatoon
6. Fallout 4
5. Rocket League
4. Life Is Strange
3. Bloodborne
2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Tecnniqe

Banned
Until Dawn should been higher. Its a great game.
MGSV for first is fine, love it.
BB is better than Witcher in my eyes.
Fallout is great, but perhaps i bit too high.

20. Batman: Arkham Knight
19. Guitar Hero Live
18. Rise of the Tomb Raider
17. Tales from the Borderlands
16. Invisible, Inc
15. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
14. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
13. Life is Strange
12. Her Story
11. SOMA
10. Super Mario Maker
9. Undertale
8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
7. Splatoon
6. Fallout 4
5. Rocket League
4. Destiny: The Taken King
3. Until Dawn
2. Bloodborne
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

higemaru

Pretty good list. Maybe it's because I haven't played anything this year aside from Bloodborne but this seems like a good spread and accurately reflects the acclaim these games have received. Based on what I heard, I might switch the placement around on a few (MGS5 namely) but I've got no real problems with the list.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Swap 3 & 1, 20 and 2.

Where is Halo 5?

I really really wanted to check out phantom pain.

But comments such as poor second half, poor story etc are really holding me back.

Between that and bloodborne for me to play during my semester break

Hey, Tales from the Borderlands made it. Hallelujah! My gut says it should be higher, but at least it's on there!
Quit hating a game because of the circumstances or company. The game itself is excellent.
There are reasons to dislike that game besides circumstances or parent company.

1)MGS V

post-57918-Denzel-Washington-my-man-gif-I-1KVs.gif

mjp2417

Banned
Invisible, Inc. should be much, much higher. Pretty safe, boring list overall. That top 3 is going to be pretty much every publication's top 3, just with slightly different ordering.

Eh, I feel 10-6 would have been the perfect top 5 instead of their choices for 5-1. It almost exactly matches my top 5, which are:

1. Splatoon
2. Fallout 4
3. Super Mario Maker
4. SOMA
5. Undertale

MGS V as #1..... Ehhhh.

Personally would put Bloodborne and Witcher 3 over it, but, nonetheless it's a good list. Especially for having LiS at the top 5.

kavanf1

Thinking of all the games that didn't make that list, it's been a hell of a good year for games. Probably the best year for me since 2007.

Great looking list. Why's Guitar Hero Live on there though?

I haven't heard anything good about the attempts to revive Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Was Guitar Hero actually good and I'm just mistaken?

Edit: Yuck. Read the actually content of the list. The author gave the number one spot to MGSV solely based on the controversy? What the hell?

Get used to it. It's not the best game that was released this year.

Glad to see Splatoon and Mario Maker in the top 10 :)
It was a joke given all the robbed comments yesterday.

Bloodborne was my best game for the year but I am good so long as it is at least in the conversation. It deserves at least that much.

Looks like it's going to be MGSV vs. The Witcher 3 for the most GotY picks. Surprising since Bethesda RPG's dominated in the years that they were released last gen.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why is The Taken King considered a separate game? Isn't it just an expansion pack?

Taken King is the game.
The other thing we paid $60 for was just a trial.

Looks like it's going to be MGSV vs. The Witcher 3 for the most GotY picks. Surprising since Bethesda RPG's dominated in the years that they were released last gen.
personally id rather see MGSV vs BB as i loved both of those.
I don't get the Witcher hype.

Kerned

Banned
Great looking list. Why's Guitar Hero Live on there though?

I haven't heard anything good about the attempts to revive Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Was Guitar Hero actually good and I'm just mistaken?

It would seem that this author found it better than all but 17 games he played this year. To be fair, I've heard a fair amount of positive things said about it since it was released.

Top Bottom