• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game fetishes.. . Does Gaf have any?

Ok... OK... Please don't judge.

When I was younger I used to love unwrapping a brand new game and taking a nice deep breath once the box was opened up to take in that lovely never played plastic freshness.

I still enjoy doing it today, unfortunately the last Switch game I bought new didn't have it. :/

Sooooo does anyone else here have any weird video game fetishes?

Kev Kev

Ok... OK... Please don't judge.

When I was younger I used to love unwrapping a brand new game and taking a nice deep breath once the box was opened up to take in that lovely never played plastic freshness.

I still enjoy doing it today, unfortunately the last Switch game I bought new didn't have it. :/

Sooooo does anyone else here have any weird video game fetishes?

Like fetish as in makes me horny kind of fetish?

Rodolink

I never throw away the plastic wrap. Always trying to open it as careful as possible, removing the disc and putting the box inside the plastic again.
Also I don't usually remove the plastic peels on devices like the ones on the DS4 pad and buttons, my controller still has them on D: looks hideous though. I'm aware.

Belmonte

ZpruUU7.jpg

Nickolaidas

I had a few.

A fetish I had in the Ps3 / early ps4 era: I wanted to have a case with a custom made cover for my digital games (being a graphic artist, that wasn't unfeasible). Then put them along my actual, bought disc games. Finally let go of that fetish when I went all digital.

I like to smell the paper on the manuals, until the ps4 era were I went digital. Still like to smell d&d books though.

Alright, final fetish: When a game looks really amazing, I tend to take my time finishing it, being a savor the flavor kind of guy. But sometimes I take it a bit too long and may play the game for 15 minutes per day. This happens to me especially in games like Spiderman where the campaign has a completion percentage and makes you know how close you are to finish it. Recently my epiphany has somewhat helped me on that front and I'm less inclined to savor the flavor.

Don't judge.

trikster40

I'm anal about not having loose discs in my sealed PS4 games.

no kidding. It seems like every new game I buy, the disc is loose in the box. Wtf?

I can’t stand any scratches or blemishes on my games. I still have maybe 100 PS1 games in mint condition.

One thing I always loved doing that you can’t do anymore: open up the case on the way home and read through the instruction manual. They don’t make physics manuals anymore :(

Chromata

I love it when my controller rumbles really hard. The firm handle of the controller rhythmically pulsating across my most hands makes me excited on the inside.

I'm hyped for the PS5 controller. I can already feel next gen coming :messenger_winking:

Late 90s and early 2000s PC game discs smelled really good. Best smelling game I've ever owned was Anarchy Online. Didn't play it for long, but man, that disc smelled great.

Late 90s and early 2000s PC game discs smelled really good. Best smelling game I've ever owned was Anarchy Online. Didn't play it for long, but man, that disc smelled great.

OMG I remember playing that game when I was a kid! It was my first ever MMO and I loved it!

Of course PSO on DC took over as my favourite ever MMO but man I have great memories of Anarchy Online.

Woop!

stickkidsam

I like to download demos of games with heavy character creation and spend hours making fap.

Also manuals are nice to read on the ride home but they're dead now...

DrJohnGalt

Banned
I'm with a few of the others when it comes to smell. I love the smell of new games (it's the plastic, I think) and crisp new instruction manuals and fresh guidebooks (both the shiny and standard pages).

Also was big on reading thru the instruction manuals and guidebooks.

Nowadays I get my giggles from collecting retro games. The best feeling is when I score a rare game for next to nothing at someplace I wasn't expecting it. Have had a few good garage sale days the past few years!

Also I tend to play a woman when possible (unless I'm roleplaying a specific character). Their clothes are hair options are just so much more fabulous than the male characters!

Last edited:
Top Bottom