• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video hidden in Watch Dogs 2 - New Ubisoft Sci-fi IP?

There's no way this is a Cowboy Bebop game, all the gas nebulae are way too colorful, but omg those vibes. An "open galaxy" space trucker/dogfight/shooter/melee combat CB game is one of my dream games.

Zubz

Banned
So for context this is part of a mission in Watch_Dogs 2
where you hack and leak a Ubisoft game
, so this may not be actually anything real unless Ubisoft wants to be incredibly meta with this.

If they truly wanted you to leak a fake game, wouldn't they do something that was obviously fake, like hacking "Blubisoft" to leak the newest "Ass Creed" game?

They chose to make this a game you leak from Ubisoft, and it doesn't even state what game you're leaking through the trailer. They wouldn't have been so minimalist with this clip if it was real.

NMS and this seem to share the same inspirations in terms of old scifi art. Not talking about the gameplay or OST obviously, but the colors and design.

edit: other games like Homeworld also went down this route.

Thanks for posting this. A couple years ago I had to process a big collection of donated sci-fi monthlys for work and I think its the designs that stirred my memory. For lack of a better description its hopeful and calm imo.

Zubz

Banned
Yeah, because NDAs and distribution warnings have stopped us before.

Wait.

Oh yeah, side-note. Is that "Do Not Distribute" actually in the game? I'd assume so; it'd add to the whole "you are the leaker" theme this mission seems to have.

I mean, this is a teaser for a new AAA IP hidden inside of an existing one. There's no way this wasn't meant to be shared.

I'm just gonna echo what everyone else said, this sure looks like No Man's Sky.

That said I would love to see them give that type of game a shot. With their enormous staff's they could probably come much closer to making that a reality

Now that I think about it, wasn't there rumors that Ubisoft was indeed building a new Sci-Fi IP? I'm almost positive I heard that maybe a bit before E3.

If so this sure seems to back that up

Aikidoka

Maybe it is Beyond Good & Evil 2. Weren't the rumors about it taking place on a different planet, so could be the space travel. Anyways, it's a cool marketing idea.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now that I think about it, wasn't there rumors that Ubisoft was indeed building a new Sci-Fi IP? I'm almost positive I heard that maybe a bit before E3.

If so this sure seems to back that up

Ubi did confirm back in February that it'd release a new AAA IP before next March, but that appears to have been in reference to Steep.

Zubz

Banned
Maybe it is Beyond Good & Evil 2. Weren't the rumors about it taking place on a different planet, so could be the space travel. Anyways, it's a cool marketing idea.

But why would they announce a Nintendo-exclusive on a non-Nintendo game?

Half Sarcasm

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yep but there were rumors floating about a Ubi sci-fi IP being worked on, I'm almost sure of it.

A cursory Google search just brought up what I mentioned as well as some speculation regarding Osiris (which, depending on where you stand, was either a cancelled PoP game or a very early look at next year's AssCreed Empires), but I hardly dug deep.

Woorloog

Banned
overwatch-group-orgy.jpeg

Some context

This wasn't a main story mission, It was a (hidden?) side mission that opened up after I stumbled upon a guy on the phone who happened to be a Ubisoft employee talking about Assassins Creed Syndicate, Unity and "Osiris" leaks.

This is why I think this is a real game, why mention other real games only to then show a fake game made just for Watch Dogs?

(The building also had an Assassins creed movie poster on it)

sjay1994

Some context

This wasn't a main story mission, It was a (hidden?) side mission that opened up after I stumbled upon a guy on the phone who happened to be a Ubisoft employee talking about Assassins Creed Syndicate, Unity and "Osiris" leaks.

This is why I think this is a real game, why mention other real games only to then show a fake game made just for Watch Dogs?

(The building also had an Assassins creed movie poster on it)

Wow, thats pretty funny.

sjay1994

Black Flag director has been working on a "new IP" since they released Black Flag. Chances are it's a pirate game.

No, if the Empire rumors are true he is most likely the creative director on that.

He has gone on record saying he really wanted to make an Assassins Creed game in Ancient Egypt

sora87

There's no way this is a Cowboy Bebop game, all the gas nebulae is way too colorful, but omg those vibes. An "open galaxy" space trucker/dogfight/shooter/melee combat CB game is one of my dream games.

Yes, literally my dream game. Hopefully if it is that someone mods it to look like Cowboy Bebop/Outlaw Star :p

J.G.

Neo Member
This is a tiny hope, but I really want to believe Clint Hocking is working on this; it's been nearly 8 years since he's released a game -_-

oh, huh, finally this is starting to get teased. Knew very little about it just before I left ubi over two years ago and never actually saw any in-game stuff. Interesting!

So glad I popped in here and the first thing I saw was people talking about Cowboy Bebop. This is almost definitely not a Cowboy Bebop game, but if it can be anywhere close to that vibe I'm totally down.

kevin1025

Banned
Pretty sure it's real, like I said, I only heard rumblings of a big space game as they keep stuff on tight lockdown even between studios, so my knowledge ends at that sadly.

Very certain it's not related to Cowboy Bebop though.

Ubisoft and big space game is enough for me to be excited!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There's another thing where
a Ubisoft developer complains about how their AC games are getting leaked, he specifically says Unity, Syndicate, and Osiris. Even more evidence for the Egypt setting.

Hehe, I hope he said that on way to the airport!

Those press sneak fucks.

Wensih

There's no way this is a Cowboy Bebop game, all the gas nebulae are way too colorful, but omg those vibes. An "open galaxy" space trucker/dogfight/shooter/melee combat CB game is one of my dream games.

I don't think it will be a Bebop game, nor do I want a Bebop game. I do think it is heavily influence by Bebop.

Top Bottom