• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of "Bees and Winnie the Pooh" twerk dance cause huge scandal in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter argument; Toddler's & Tiara's as well as all sorts of underage beauty pageants
Also, nice try but the scandal doesn't concern the dance as much as the fact that they are wearing the colors of a national symbol.

Since these kind of performances take weeks of preparation and rehearsal I'm pretty sure everyone involve came to a unanimous decision to do a Twerking performance, probably since it would be easy and supposedly "provocative"

If any of the girls objected, they simply didn't take part

Read the news articles again, it's mostly about the dance and not the colours being confused for the St George ribbon.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/...-patriotic-costumes-cause-outrage/519057.html
In an initial statement Monday, the Investigative Committee said that “underage girls” had featured in the video, suggesting it was the age of the performers — and not the color of their outfits — that had drawn its attention.

She added that the dancers' outfits did not carry any patriotic suggestions and that the performance “had nothing to do with Victory Day,” Komsomolskaya Pravda reported.

Ugh, twerking. I'll never understand these horrid dance movement things. Why can't people just enjoy themselves? They have to do these overtly-sexual and attention seeking dances instead. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm on somebody's watch list now.

Did you ever think that some people actually *gasp* enjoy twerking? That they ARE enjoying themselves when they dance?

There are lots of dances that are sexual. You want people to stop doing those, too?

lol, stop disliking what i like pls
Twerk looks stupid as fuck, and is sluttish at best

What the fuck does "sluttish at best" mean?

I don't know, a girl that sat in front of me in one of my classes was always watching these dance team videos and this is basically what all of them were doing.

Izuna

Banned
Counter argument; Toddler's & Tiara's as well as all sorts of underage beauty pageants
Also, nice try but the scandal doesn't concern the dance as much as the fact that they are wearing the colors of a national symbol.

Since these kind of performances take weeks of preparation and rehearsal I'm pretty sure everyone involve came to a unanimous decision to do a Twerking performance, probably since it would be easy and supposedly "provocative"

If any of the girls objected, they simply didn't take part

I won't search for toddler's and tiara's, but if it is like say, the end part of Little Miss Sunshine then that is ALSO fucked up.

From your post, I see you are deciding that a provocative performance, essentially allowed - sponsored by a school is okay. I think it's best to, instead of a heated discussion of name calling, to say I wouldn't want you to run a school my hypothetical child would go to.

It's not being forcing the girls to dance this way, but the school is teaching it to them. If I were a parent of that school and my daughter came home saying that the class decided on a provocative dance, I would expect it to be disallowed.

It doesn't matter if we go into details about which of the girls knew about twerking before or after. If whomever decided on the choreography wanted to put some pole dancing in the dance, it's gives the impression that it would be allowed and taught.

Anyway I don't plan on seeing the video more than once but I am sure that the school would be breaking laws allowing that in the UK.

Whether or not you think it should be is clear. We disagree on that. Shockingly.

patapuf

I won't search for toddler's and tiara's, but if it is like say, the end part of Little Miss Sunshine then that is ALSO fucked up.

From your post, I see you are deciding that a provocative performance, essentially allowed - sponsored by a school is okay. I think it's best to, instead of a heated discussion of name calling, to say I wouldn't want you to run a school my hypothetical child would go to.

It's not being forcing the girls to dance this way, but the school is teaching it to them. If I were a parent of that school and my daughter came home saying that the class decided on a provocative dance, I would expect it to be disallowed.

It doesn't matter if we go into details about which of the girls knew about twerking before or after. If whomever decided on the choreography wanted to put some pole dancing in the dance, it's gives the impression that it would be allowed and taught.

Anyway I don't plan on seeing the video more than once but I am sure that the school would be breaking laws allowing that in the UK.

Whether or not you think it should be is clear. We disagree on that. Shockingly.

How do you feel about cheerleaders?

I don't really think those outfits with the dance was really appropriate for a performance, but holy crap at the level of hatred this dance seems to induce.

Izuna

Banned
How do you feel about cheerleaders?

What's important to note, is that this is far more disturbing than cheerleaders.

At least, when US cheerleaders visited Piccadilly Circus a couple years back for New Year's celebrations, I didn't see outright twerking and shit.

Isn't the age of consent in Russia 16? Maybe they're cool with it there.

Not what age of consent means.

I don't get the scandal thing. But each country has its own culture, so..

The performance would be acceptable here in Brazil. But some could be offended and just that. Some schools and parents wouldn't approve. But this wouldn't be "pedo material", the girls are way old enough.

Neo C.

Girls gonna be girls.

On a more serious note, it's a bit over the top compared to what I saw by other high schoolers doing dancing, but being a teacher I'm not surprised. I'm aware what kind of music girls nowadays like.

Where do you think Little Miss Sunshine got the idea from? It IS pretty fucked up.

Fair enough. But as Principal I wouldn't force them either way. Maybe raise a concern that some people may object to this stuff but let the kids and their dance teacher's deal with the fallout. Their decision.

I don't think the school is teaching them Twerking in between Math & Science classes. I seriously doubt any form of coercion was involved. These girls are no different from the types you see on stereotypical Spring Break! videos. They thought it would be cool and they did it. The class didn't decide, the girls doing the performance did, obviously that's not the whole damn class on stage. You being outraged is fine but don't except everyone to light torches and pick up pitchforks behind you.

You do understand Twerking is not exactly Salsa or Jazz that they would have dedicated dance classes & lessons for it? Twerking is an old fad like planking. Also, Pole Dancing by itself used to be considered a form of gymnastics and exercise. Look up "Mallakhamb". Popularity in strip clubs came later and today there is a movement to get it re-instated as a form of gymnastics and even non-sexual dance.

If the Law in the UK bans under-age Twerking then I'm all for it. It's a stupid fad.
But again, this isn't some form of sexual abuse or exploitation.

You do understand Twerking is not exactly Salsa or Jazz that they would have dedicated dance classes & lessons for it? Twerking is an old fad like planking. Also, Pole Dancing by itself used to be considered a form of gymnastics and exercise. Look up "Mallakhamb". Popularity in strip clubs came later and today there is a movement to get it re-instated as a form of gymnastics and even non-sexual dance.

If the Law in the UK bans under-age Twerking then I'm all for it. It's a stupid fad.
But again, this isn't some form of sexual abuse or exploitation.

Hate to break it to you, bruh, but twerking has been around for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom