• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of "Bees and Winnie the Pooh" twerk dance cause huge scandal in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_li6p1ptgFf1qi6re3o1_500.jpg

Bleepey

I don't know how old the girls in that vid were so I closed that shit toot suite. I don't plan to be joining you on an FBI watchlist.
I'm probably too late.

Dennis

Banned
I don't know how old the girls in that vid were so I closed that shit toot suite. I don't plan to be joining you on an FBI watchlist.
I'm probably too late.

You know, the pedobear avatar isn't going to be doing you any favors.....

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So what's the scandal?

The age of the girls?
Russians displaying their love for American culture and dance?

I don't get it.

marrec

Banned
In all my rush to make a joke I forgot to ask:

What's the scandal? I mean, beyond that being an awful excuse for Twerking.

Are the girls too young?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
0:36 LOL is that lady rushing her kid out?

Some of them look 18+ though.
Russian girls look really young. When i was in russia all the 20 yo looked like 16.
These are teens though. Circa Russia Today:
Teenage girls at a Russian children’s school of dance have taken the controversial dance of twerking to a whole new level… by combining it with Winnie the Pooh. The video “blew up” on the internet, with millions of views and a police investigation.

Outward expressions of teenage sexuality are generally not endemic to Russian pop culture, so it should come as no surprise that the dance entitled ‘Winnie the Pooh and the Bees’ would have caused uproar, especially when the bees make it clear their aim in life is to twerk, with honey taking a back seat.

jasonng

This is unbeelievable. I hope there is some sting operation to catch all the nasty peverts who thought this was a good idea. I can't bear the thought of these girls and their parents being in this sticky situation. Honeystly something must be done.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So what's the scandal?

The age of the girls?
Russians displaying their love for American culture and dance?

I don't get it.
In all my rush to make a joke I forgot to ask:

What's the scandal? I mean, beyond that being an awful excuse for Twerking.

Are the girls too young?
Also circa Russia Today:
The outrage spread quickly from bloggers to activists and, finally, the Orenburg regional investigative committee, which has opened a criminal investigation on charges of negligence and indecent exposure.

The city of Orenburg has called an emergency meeting of the region’s culture officials and government authorities, the dance school’s chief and the girl’s parents to try and get to the bottom of how the entire thing came to be produced in the first place.

Local authority representatives told RIA Novosti that according to the dance school management, classes in twerking started at the end of 2014, but they were dropped in February.

Now, a special committee will be convened on the Mayor’s orders. It will comprise arts and culture officials, as well as choreographers and other staff, and will be tasked with inspecting all children’s dance collectives in the region for expressions of underage erotica, or anything else inappropriate.

Mordeccai

What is the scandal though? Are Russians up in arms over twerking?

Doh, my question has already been asked and the answer posited. Carry on.

The age of consent in Russia is 16 according to wiki, anyway checked the translation and it seems that most people on youtube (well at least the russian) are upset because girls pay for school theater and they got this... I guess they were expecting ballet or something

Izuna

Banned
The age of consent in Russia is 16 according to wiki, anyway checked the translation and it seems that most people on youtube (well at least the russian) are upset because girls pay for school theater and they got this... I guess they were expecting ballet or something

You misunderstand what the age of consent means.

Kozak

Banned
I mean, its not that bad but I guess its Russia.

The school should have made them wear black tights at the very least.

edit:

I went to a school where the "hot" girls would put on a suggestive dance/show. The teachers knew it was all in fun. We were just a bunch of kids with raging hormones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom