• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of cancelled Crash Bandicoot cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_4YclrGqM

I believe it was indeed made by Universal Animation at the time which would make sense. Maybe the same folks who made shows like Fievel's American Tails?

Also that definitely sounds like Jim Cummings singing!

Edit: Correction, it's actually the intro and final cutscene from the game itself that was never used.

Via Crash Mania:

This was actually not meant to be a cartoon series at all. According to David Siller, one of the producers of the original game:

«It was based on ideas for where we were going with this IP at that time. It was probably too ambitious in nature and was also trying to be humorous. It was never used or even embedded in the game as a hidden "easter egg" treat.

Once UIS licensed the game to Sony for publication, Sony did not want it utilized since they were heavily pushing the "3D" agenda.»

The first segment of the video was intended to be used as the game's intro, whereas the second one (with Cortex falling into the ship) was meant to be the game's ending. It wasn't an animated series, and it wasn't a proposed advertisement for the game or anything of the sort. It was meant to be in the game itself. That's all there is to it.

rtcn63

Dash_Dingo.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Oh no it has one of those songs that get stuck in your head super easily.

J-Skee

This definitely either have been in my Saturday morning rotation. All this video does though is make me wish there was a new Crash game coming out. Imagine if it looked anything like the new Ratchet. Why do you hate Crash, Activision?

mrhej

"Play our game and tell your friends so we'll make lots of loot!"

Well at least they were honest about what they wanted.

Camjo-Z

Looks like literally every other cartoon from the 80's/90's. Still, it's pretty neat to see how he would have translated to TV.

Hopeford

That's the kind of song you use to torture your friends, especially because it has like 4 spots where it seems like the song is over(thereby ensuring your victims have a glimmer of hope) only for the singer to continue singing immediately after the last BANDIICOOOOT. It's beautiful.

Sullichin

It goes with the plot of the first game before they "replaced" Tawna with Crash's sister Coco. Always thought it was interesting that they pretended Tawna didn't exist in the following games unless I missed something. She might have a cameo in CTR

it feels like a fake. like someone recently made this video and made it look like it's pulled off of a 90s VHS just go viral.

KyleCross

it feels like a fake. like someone recently made this video and made it look like it's pulled off of a 90s VHS just go viral.

That's ridiculous. The animation is clearly cheap, but still way too advance for a person to throw together for a chance of going viral, you would choose something a bit more popular than Crash Bandicoot. Also, is this person Jim Cummings? If not wonder how this guy got him to sing.

It's real.

Mory Dunz

Is this even real or is it a fake? The VHS tracking is almost like someone making a "lost" 90's tape and trying too hard.

Um what?
A random person can't pull off animations like that lol.
Not even close.

That's ridiculous. The animation is clearly cheap, but still way too advance for a person to throw together for a chance of going viral, you would choose something a bit more popular than Crash Bandicoot. Also, is this person Jim Cummings? If not wonder how this guy got him to sing.

It's real.

Top Bottom