• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Video Showing Officer Brian Sicknick Being Beaten to Death

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
I'm consistent: I reject all violence and all crime, and would never partake in any; I never have, in fact, even in situations where others did. But I hate inconsistency, which we see in 90 % of people : when it's a cause they agree with, they say "well it was a small number, most people were peaceful, and you can't blame the leaders for the elements who took matters into their own hands". But when it's a cause they disagree with, they go "see what happens when [insert idea or movement] is allowed? We get this."

It's just a matter of justice and intellectual honesty, which I put above all else. In the same way I won't blame a peaceful man who takes part in a BLM protest because antifa thugs decide to use the opportunity to smash up the windows of a local shop, I won't ascribe to millions of Trump voters, and to thousands of protesters, or even to the people who stormed Congress (which is certainly a lesser crime than homicide), the violent acts that lead to a man's death.

But such regard for intellectual honesty seems in such sort supply on both sides.

Teslerum

Neophyte
Nov 29, 2018
On his last days in office, he proved every prejudice right. Worst end to a presidency ever.
And sadly looking at the reactions from the left this is the beginning, not the end.

On that note, though. There were several posts in the last few months that advocated fighting fire with fire in response to the BLM riots, how conservatives were *weak* and whatnot. This, THIS is what you end up with. Adopting violence doesn't lead to peace and harmony. Never try to justify it. It's a last resort of self defense, not a tool of aggression.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Nov 4, 2020
Dude, your government was on the run and she had to be stopped by force to protect your elected politicians from the mob entering there through the hole she had torn open.

It's not like anyone only planned terrorism, it actually happened.

If you don't see this, what kind of 'conservative' are you?

There were 4 or so officers standing in front of those doors in an indefensible position. There is literally audio of them being threatened and saying "we've seen lots of people hurt, I'd hate to see you guys get hurt." So they literally walk away from the doors. Then they smash the doors while a gun is trained on them. Then she jumps through the hole towards the guy with the gun.

Come on, you guys are just generalizing here. We don't know her motivations, we don't know if she heard them say stop etc, but what we do know was that she was a patriot that served her country faithfully.

Btw I didn't discount Trump ( I seperate the man from the policies) , you can go to my earlier posts when all this went down. I held him partly responsible and also said I had no problem invoking the 25th.

But to categorize all those people within a group of mischief makers, terrorist etc, is unresonable and I've said the same for BLM (excluding ANTIFA).

Sparhavoc

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2020
Everyone was more concerd about the woman shot and knowing the fact that she had a child compared to an officer there doing his job which could have been avoided if this remained peaceful or never happened in the first place. Shame on all of you not pointing the finger at the people responsible for this and trying to find a scapegoat.
All the events taken place over 4 years have led to this point. Politics is radicalising people on both sides. And if the government don't take some responsibility and address this then more people are going to get hurt.

This will be on Biden's administration to do so. And it should be equal judgement and whilst theres plenty of right wing radicals that need locking up they have to start admitting that the left also has a problem with extremism.

Just to add that yes it was on Trump to address during his presidency. He failed both sides on that and just made empty threats and platitudes.

So now it's on the next government they must be better.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Nov 4, 2020
Shut the hell up, you cannot be a Trump supporter and be a good person. You just can't, there's video out there of the orange buffoon watching as his simps were marching towards the capitol with pride (accompanied by his sons, wife, staff, etc.) to the tune of "Gloria". He was complicit in all of this, and people like you still support him?

Easy there big brain, you might trip and fall on that "big" digital penis.

Last edited:

The Hate

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Aug 13, 2020
I don't think people (or at least posters) here are downplaying it. Many Trump supporters including myself, are sick and disgusted by what transpired. None of them represent us or what we believe.

We are however, are tired of the hypocrisy, hand waving and generalization. Some of those people there feel the same way we do and others were obviously there for mischief, violence and terrorism.

I'm not going to diminish that and I know certainly my fellow conservatives here don't as well. These people are scum and they should be ashamed of waving the Red, White and Blue.
Im fine with this post and agree with it however I also raise the sentiment that if someone is democratic that they are considered "woke, an sjw, a biden supporter, a communist etc"

i think america has to unite under the idea that you can support a party but as long as you dont have hate in your heart and call a spade a spade I will not have discourse with any of you. We may be on different sides of a political spectrum however we are also people who share a commonality of ideals of taking care of ones self, for our country, for our families etc

Riven326

Banned
Mar 25, 2019
United States
All the events taken place over 4 years have led to this point. Politics is radicalising people on both sides. And if the government don't take some responsibility and address this then more people are going to get hurt.

This will be on Biden's administration to do so. And it should be equal judgement and whilst theres plenty of right wing radicals that need locking up they have to start admitting that the left also has a problem with extremism.
Well that's the problem we face. Left wing radicalism is cheered and encouraged, while right wing radicalism is vilified and condemned. As you can imagine, this double standard does little to help with unifying and healing the people of this nation.

Until the double standard is addressed, there will be no end to the extremism. There's no other way around it. And they haven't shown any interest in buildibg bridges. Left wing politicians used the opportunity to once again attack whites and conservatives witg identity politics, promoting more extremism instead of less.

Teslerum

Neophyte
Nov 29, 2018
Im fine with this post and agree with it however I also raise the sentiment that if someone is democratic that they are considered "woke, an sjw, a biden supporter, a communist etc"

i think america has to unite under the idea that you can support a party but as long as you dont have hate in your heart and call a spade a spade I will not have discourse with any of you. We may be on different sides of a political spectrum however we are also people who share a commonality of ideals of taking care of ones self, for our country, for our families etc
That's kind of the problem for you guys (well not only for you as its happening around the world), isn't it? Both parties are broken.
Sure, there's the establishment that's in the pocket of various interest groups, but even those are skewing towards extremes and have no problem of utilizing those when needed (as seen now and last year). The problem is that isn't a one way street, but a dangerous game.

It's a powder keg and we only need another big incident or a Hitler/Lenin/Stalin whoever take advantage of the situation and the world is truly fucked.

Reactions: Guilhermegrg

ArtemisClydeFrog

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2020
I agree. Except that wr for the bears that just dropped an easy tD.

/kidding

But seriously :messenger_pouting:

I wonder what would have happened if Trump didn't advertise a huge march/protest in the Capitol for a week+ (Be there. Will be wild!), and then hold a fucking rally saying how the election was stolen, democracy is in danger, etc. and then tell all his nutjob supporters that he'll march to the Capitol with them.

Remove this fucking clown from office and lock these THUGS up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guilhermegrg

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
Did the other cops not notice him getting dragged out there? I’m not trying to put any blame on them but I feel they should of made a charge out to save him. Fire some blanks or something to scare the fuckers off him. I’m not sure what they’re trained to do in a situation like that but I’m not sure how I feel about them just holding their ground while the mob takes one of your boys.

Reactions: Punished Miku

The Hate

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Aug 13, 2020
That's kind of the problem for you guys (well not only for you as its happening around the world), isn't it? Both parties are broken.
Sure, there's the establishment that's in the pocket of various interest groups, but even those are skewing towards extremes and have no problem of utilizing those when needed (as seen now and last year). The problem is that isn't a one way street, but a dangerous game.

It's a powder keg and we only need another big incident or a Hitler/Lenin/Stalin whoever take advantage of the situation and the world is truly fucked.
Then its up to the next party in power to fix the concerns of the people and unite them. You nay not like some guy, but if its something that will better the country, support it.

Vestal

Sep 26, 2007
Tampa FL
Did the other cops not notice him getting dragged out there? I’m not trying to put any blame on them but I feel they should of made a charge out to save him. Fire some blanks or something to scare the fuckers off him. I’m not sure what they’re trained to do in a situation like that but I’m not sure how I feel about them just holding their ground while the mob takes one of your boys.
The cops were in a corridor that served as a choke point for the mob, had they moved away from that position they would have all been overwhelmed by the crowd.

Majukun

Jun 19, 2009

First MSNBC video I'll post in years. I hate this channel. But this is pretty much just video of what happened, so not a lot they could get wrong here.

Definitely wasn't just people trespassing and being in a space like multiple posters on here have suggested over and over. If you were there just for a punk'd "gotcha" photo, you were a moron. Others were there with intent to kill and they used a lot of idiots that day.
the part where someone got shot is the famous woman that was "doing nothing bad and was totally unarmed and got shot for no reason"?

Reactions: Punished Miku

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
The cops were in a corridor that served as a choke point for the mob, had they moved away from that position they would have all been overwhelmed by the crowd.
I hear ya. But I fell like there should’ve been another option in that situation.

Reactions: Tesseract

Spokker

May 31, 2011
I hope those directly responsible for his death are captured, tried, convicted and at least spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Mar 15, 2009
If these people managed to get into the chambers or to find any unprotected staff or politicians... thank god for people like this officer. Legit hero .

Lots of layers to it. the police were obviously scarred, overwhelmed, it was chaotic. Seems like some police or off duty police helped out the rioters. Then on top of that they were massively understaffed (leadership must be held accountable). Then on top of that the president refused to send the NG and was apparently ‘delighted’ by what he saw unfolding.
There is no playbook for this. All things considered, it's impressive it wasn't worse than this. Imagine what would have happened if someone from Congress got killed.

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
twitter? he should have traveled to the family’s home and spent time with them

I truly cannot think of any other POTUS in history who would have not made a public statement expressing his horror that a policeman was beaten to death by Americans in the capitol.

Instead, Trump was on Parler, moaning about Twitter. He’s truly reprehensible.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
I think the scariest thing for me is knowing people are capable of this that probably ( you would hope) have never committed a crime in their lives yet here are a few of them watching or participating in an officer getting beaten to death with all manner of blunt objects. What if a disaster struck food is scarce and word gets out that you have a surplus of emergency food in your home? Even an AR15 wouldn’t stop this mob.

We live in relative comfort compared to third world countries and this still happened. We’re really just monkeys with better thumbs.

I mean what if...

Last edited:

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
Fucking animals. Why are people like this? That man did not deserve that shit.

I hope those involved in his murder are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Engaging in uncivil, violent behavior like that is how you bring discredit to your movement or cause.

I cannot imagine how terrifying it is being surrounded and beaten by a large violent mob like that. Fuck.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Police and security way too lax.

It happened during Floyd riots and sure seem easy peasy during the Capitol Hill riots.

All this does is show it's easy. BLM/Antifa have kept doing it all year. And mobs of angry Trump supporters will probably do it again another time whether it's Capitol Hill or another government building.

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
The amount of cognitive dissonance on display in this thread is astounding. Violence is bad, and violence against police is bad. Welcome to the party, where have you all been? Where have all these moral absolutists been this whole time?

Let's hold people accountable when they commit and incite violence. Can we finally apply that rule unilaterally?
I’m not sure you know what cognitive dissonance is. I found it sickening when an LEO was hit from behind in the neck with a hub cap or something during the riots this summer. I found it sickening when my brother in law had angry protestors shouting in his face while he guarded our state capitol this year. I feared for his safety then and still do when MAGAts are on the loose promising worse on the 20th. I don’t want my sister to be widowed or their four kids to lose their dad. While some of us have concerns about tactics used by various agencies across the country, they’re not a monolith of bad actors and I don’t think you’re going to find any posters on here reveling in violence against cops or experiencing cognitive dissonance over the disgust we feel about what happened on the 6th.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I’m not sure you know what cognitive dissonance is. I found it sickening when an LEO was hit from behind in the neck with a hub cap or something during the riots this summer. I found it sickening when my brother in law had angry protestors shouting in his face while he guarded our state capitol this year. I feared for his safety then and still do when MAGAts are on the loose promising worse on the 20th. I don’t want my sister to be widowed or their four kids to lose their dad. While some of us have concerns about tactics used by various agencies across the country, they’re not a monolith of bad actors and I don’t think you’re going to find any posters on here reveling in violence against cops or experiencing cognitive dissonance over the disgust we feel about what happened on the 6th.
Oh so that's why you guys wanted to defund them, to protect them. Now it all makes sense.

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
The amount of cognitive dissonance on display in this thread is astounding. Violence is bad, and violence against police is bad. Welcome to the party, where have you all been? Where have all these moral absolutists been this whole time?

Let's hold people accountable when they commit and incite violence. Can we finally apply that rule unilaterally?

Who is not doing that? Seriously... Who in here has defended the antifa riots? Could you please point out which posters have done this? Or do you have zero proof that anyone who condemns the scum who killed Officer Sicknick also celebrates the antifa scum?

Is this really about you being deeply uncomfortable with the idea that people who support the same thing as you are capable of this, and you’re deflecting so you don’t have to deal with it?

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
That is some sick shit.
All are equally sickening. The big difference in this instance is that it was our seat of government and the stakes are way higher. But anyone beating an officer to death or anyone to death in the name of any political movement is pure scum. I don’t excuse that behavior period and it’s real sick of the person you’re responding to to think that anyone on the left or right would condone it just because the violence is being perpetrated by their side. Fuck the left right divide this is America we need to grow the fuck up.

Last edited: