• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Video Showing Officer Brian Sicknick Being Beaten to Death

ShadowLag

Jun 4, 2013
12:49 - Always edited out of every MSM version of the speech. He explicitly tells his supporters to be peaceful. This is not the rhetoric or tone of a man "INCITING HORRIBLE VIOLENCE OMGGGGEGGEREGGG".

There's plenty of footage and photographs taken from the ensuing protest turned riot that clearly identifies ANTIFA members at the forefront of the capitol building crowd doing the inciting, the window breaking, and general destruction. It isn't hard to find.

Meanwhile in the media, we have this vile filth ad nauseum for YEARS. YEARS:

Which persisted throughout this (age restricted, click "Watch on YouTube") -

Then we have this gem, Rep. C. A. Johnson during the fraud hearings....

I mean shit, perspective is truly lost on a staggering number of people. I am enraged at the media in this world for inciting all of this to gain a quick buck in some shady back room deals.

The whole damn world is being radicalized on purpose and it drives me up a fucking wall when there are people out there that think it's only one side.

*steam released* :messenger_face_steam:

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
12:49 - Always edited out of every MSM version of the speech. He explicitly tells his supporters to be peaceful. This is not the rhetoric or tone of a man "INCITING HORRIBLE VIOLENCE OMGGGGEGGEREGGG".

There's plenty of footage and photographs taken from the ensuing protest turned riot that clearly identifies ANTIFA members at the forefront of the capitol building crowd doing the inciting, the window breaking, and general destruction. It isn't hard to find.

I mean shit, perspective is truly lost on a staggering number of people. I am enraged at the media in this world for inciting all of this to gain a quick buck in some shady back room deals.

The whole damn world is being radicalized on purpose and it drives me up a fucking wall when there are people out there that think it's only one side.

Do you at all see any irony in you making a point to link to an unedited version of Trump’s speech to back up your point, and then linking to edited versions of what democrats say to also back up your point?

Maybe its Youtube that might be a problem, eh?

Last edited:

ShadowLag

Jun 4, 2013
Do you at all see any irony in you making a point to link to an unedited version of Trump’s speech to back up your point, and then linking to edited versions of what democrats say to also back up your point?

Of course there is, and the whole point is that it EXISTS both ways, and in my opinion, infinitely more vicious, hateful, and extreme results coming from the other side.

EDIT: To better clarify, Trump is not responsible for what happened. An old fart behind bullet proof glass saying "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" did not cause some psycho to beat someone to death. The buildup of hateful nonsense being spewed all over TV screens, social media, and YT has been bringing up the temperature in peoples' subconcious for years now. It boiled over during the BLM riots, and now with a little bit more help from instigators it's beginning to boil over on the other side. Trouble is, the wrong people are being blamed, and now an entire political party is being deplatformed because of it. There are only consequences and outrage for one side, and that's only going to lead to more escalation.

All of this needs to end, and politicians need to stop exploiting violence and outrage to get votes. But it won't end, and it won't change. That's politics...

Last edited:

INCUBASE

Jan 8, 2018

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Better view of what happend

Also lol to that Canadian flag
"See how fast the cops turned around once they saw the fuckin' numbers game."

That puts to rest the conspiratorial notion of the cops welcoming the "peaceful protesters" into the Capitol. That was mayhem and the police were basically in the Battle of Thermopylae, impossibly outnumbered.

INCUBASE

Jan 8, 2018

That puts to rest the conspiratorial notion of the cops welcoming the "peaceful protesters" into the Capitol. That was mayhem and the police were basically in the Battle of Thermopylae, impossibly outnumbered.

Jul 4, 2020

I just find it ironic(not really) how this was the same group that was chanting blue lives matter, but as soon as they weren't on ther side they flip on them.
So I guess blue lives matter is only ok when they are killing blacks. But call them traitor when they defend the capitol.

The lady that got shot was tragic but I bet she was also in the same group of ppl saying
"Well he should have complied"

Reactions: Guilhermegrg

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
I just find it ironic(not really) how this was the same group that was chanting blue lives matter, but as soon as they weren't on ther side they flip on them.
So I guess blue lives matter is only ok when they are killing blacks. But call them traitor when they defend the capitol.

It was never about supporting the police (or military) for many of them. It was maintaining some form of political superiority over their perceived political opponents. They didn't turn on them but rather showed their true colors: as soon as the police stood in their way they immediately attacked them, even beating a defenseless one to death with an American flag in a frenzied mob.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Bizarre. Definitely a different contingent than the police who were desperately holding the line, at any rate.
For sure. There's also something a lot of people didnt notice in the msnbc video. There are officers in front of the door that the woman breaks before getting shot. They get threatened and are standing exposed in front of a giant mob. Then they literally just walk away from the door and watch them break it while standing off to the side.

Its strange to watch, but they were in an impossible situation and an exposed, indefensible position. I guess at that point the question is if cops and capital hill security are supposed to die to try stopping it like Secret Service are trained to do. I dont know the answer to that.

ShadowLag

Jun 4, 2013

The lady that got shot was tragic but I bet she was also in the same group of ppl saying
"Well he should have complied"
I think there still is a sizable Blue Lives Matter base - the ones that aren't crazy, and actually believe in law and order. The ones fighting with the cops represent the group that succumbed to the insane conflict baiting and went full wacko.

Bizarre. Definitely a different contingent than the police who were desperately holding the line, at any rate.

There were also people already inside the building handing out baseball bats to those outside, so window breaking could proceed. Not sure if they were rioters that had already infiltrated, or if they were there to begin with... nonetheless:

Meicyn

Jan 22, 2010
Very bizarre

So is police taking selfies with rioters

But then again, didn't police endorse trump? Some might be happy that they're trying to take over the capital.
Indeed, a yet unknown quantity of the seditionists were off duty cops.

Last edited:

INCUBASE

Jan 8, 2018
Indeed, a yet unknown portion of the seditionists were off duty cops.

One things for sure, it doesn't add up, and the narrative is very skewed, looks to be 'some' inside play going on here

Handing out bats to rioters
Barriers opened
Cops taking selfies

Then again, it's like the summer riots and the mysterious pallets of bricks that were delivered to street corners, before rioters were even there

ShadowLag

Jun 4, 2013
One things for sure, it doesn't add up, and the narrative is very skewed, looks to be 'some' inside play going on here

Handing out bats to rioters
Barriers opened
Cops taking selfies

Then again, it's like the summer riots and the mysterious pallets of bricks that were delivered to street corners, before rioters were even there
There's a lot more than this too, which is why I'm defending Trump on this. There's an entire B-side to this story that the media is staying away from like the plague, that all the footage needs to be dug for manually. It reeks of the same kind of manipulation that the previous riots did.

It's not a new or unheard of tactic to infiltrate your opposition's protests in disguise and turn them into violent riots in order to de-legitimize the otherwise peaceful and legit group.

It's thought that China was involved in turning the 2019-2020 Hong Kong protests violent, knowing the kind of deceptive regime they are: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Hong_Kong_protests

Kinda eerily similar how the BLM protests became insanely violent in the same exact way immediately after Hong Kong, resulting in the same kind of social divide and ultimately leading up to the craziness we have today in the US, eh?

Jul 4, 2020
There's a lot more than this too, which is why I'm defending Trump on this. There's an entire B-side to this story that the media is staying away from like the plague, that all the footage needs to be dug for manually. It reeks of the same kind of manipulation that the previous riots did.

It's not a new or unheard of tactic to infiltrate your opposition's protests in disguise and turn them into violent riots in order to de-legitimize the otherwise peaceful and legit group.

It's thought that China was involved in turning the 2019-2020 Hong Kong protests violent, knowing the kind of deceptive regime they are: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Hong_Kong_protests

Kinda eerily similar how the BLM protests became insanely violent in the same exact way immediately after Hong Kong, resulting in the same kind of social divide and ultimately leading up to the craziness we have today in the US, eh?

Idk if your saying they infiltrated the police? But kinda hard to do. More likely that some of the police were either in support of it are told to guide rioters to certain area, though I hoping we get a foia request for their radio chatter.

But you don't have to look, at China
I'm sure government still does it.
*tin foil hat*
There's possibility that cop were involved with starting blm riots

"See you need us or the thugs will burn the city"

- yes we need cop but they also be a system for them to held accountable.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Dudacus

INCUBASE

Jan 8, 2018

Telling a mob to march to the capital, and a cop being beaten to death, by that very mob.........no defending that

There just isnt, blood is on his hands as far as im concerned

That mob are now cop killers in my eyes.

You're right they were manipulated, by their commander and chief

Theres no getting around that, no matter how many people say BLM, what the summer riots , antifa......blah blah blah, as far as Im aware they didn't write trumps speech to the mob, the origins of the mob, started with him that day

Of course people are welcome to disagree, but the simple facts are, they were told to march there, and people died because of it, its as simple as that to me. Everything else is just an excuse to rationalise cop killers, and the mob.

ShadowLag

Jun 4, 2013
Idk if your saying they infiltrated the police? But kinda hard to do. More likely that some of the police were either in support of it are told to guide rioters to certain area, though I hoping we get a foia request for their radio chatter.

But you don't have to look, at China
I'm sure government still does it.
*tin foil hat*
There's possibility that cop were involved with starting blm riots
Some of the police appear to be strangely complacent, yes. I've also seen plenty of footage showing bad actors in the crowds get violent and crazy at the front of the group, totally different vibe from those behind them, that get restrained and yelled at by the regular MAGA people there.

Reactions: Flame_alchemist
Dec 15, 2011

I agree that full context should always remain intact.

However, there is a distinction to be made between editing multiple clips together into a compilation, and the practice of editing out something that was said and is relevant to the topic.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

Poop!

Nov 21, 2014

The conspiracy theories are out of control here. It's always someone else's fault and again that boogyman "antifa" comes out

ShadowLag

Jun 4, 2013
Telling a mob to march to the capital, and a cop being beaten to death, by that very mob.........no defending that

There just isnt, blood is on his hands as far as im concerned

That mob are now cop killers in my eyes.

You're right they were manipulated, by their commander and chief

Theres no getting around that, no matter how many people say BLM, what the summer riots , antifa......blah blah blah, as far as Im aware they didn't write trumps speech to the mob, the origins of the mob, started with him that day

Of course people are welcome to disagree, but the simple facts are, they were told to march there, and people died because of it, its as simple as that to me. Everything else is just an excuse to rationalise cop killers, and the mob.
Trump is crazy, but I don't think he's crazy enough to willingly become responsible for the break-in of our nation's Capitol and the death of Americans inside. He knows the ramifications of something like that, we all do.

I watched his whole speech, and from my perspective (especially from the timestamp in the video of his speech I posted above) I believe he didn't use any more inflammatory rhetoric than anyone on a Cable News channel from the summer. I'd argue that it was incredibly normal and tame compared to most of the language used in the news clips video I posted above.

He made a big mistake by calling for the rally to be on that day, at that time, knowing that huge amounts of people would show up and ultimately protest. It was definitely a bad move and I'll give you that. If he really wanted to get a big message out with that sort of timing, perhaps he should have done it digitally instead, maybe a day or two before.

But still, people call for and organize protests and rallies all the time. Does that mean the organizers of those protests and rallies are responsible for every drop of blood that might be shed during those, as well? I just don't think that's fair, UNLESS the speeches given are actually calling for physical altercations or force to take place, which I just don't think he did. Accusing someone of having blood on their hands like a criminal is too much of a jump for me based on what I heard him say. But to each their own. I know emotions are turned to 11 with this guy, and it's certainly an intentional trait of his.

Reactions: Torrent of Pork

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
I agree that full context should always remain intact.

However, there is a distinction to be made between editing multiple clips together into a compilation, and the practice of editing out something that was said and is relevant to the topic.

No there isn’t.

Both manipulate and edit video content to remove context and skew meaning.

Mohonky

Jan 19, 2007
Also keep in mind, some of these people brought bombs, Molotovs, and temporary restraints. Not everyone here had plans but some absolutely did. We're lucky the casualty number was not higher.
Yeop, absolutely an act of terrorism. This was planned.

Everyone involved in that officers death should be charged with murder.

I'm honestly concerned about what happens on the 20th. You know something is going to kick off

ShadowLag

Jun 4, 2013
The conspiracy theories are out of control here. It's always someone else's fault and again that boogyman "antifa" comes out
Sorry, that wasn't the intent of my post. It's actually to put things into perspective, and how irritated I get when people refuse to step back and look at the bigger picture. We have a near 50/50 split in this country, and both sides are now playing the same game - but for some reason only the Trump side is bad. I'm not defending what happened regardless of who did it.

As for antifa being at the capitol, it's naive to think some of them weren't there trying to instigate, in fact many of them have openly admitted as such. It doesn't mean all of this is 100% their doing, though. The floodgates were open to all kinds of new crazy we haven't seen at this scale before.

Last edited:

INCUBASE

Jan 8, 2018
Trump is crazy, but I don't think he's crazy enough to willingly become responsible for the break-in of our nation's Capitol and the death of Americans inside. He knows the ramifications of something like that, we all do.

This is where we disagree, I think he knows very well what he was doing, and he's been doing it for months, slowly but surely, everyone with half a brain could see this coming a mile away.

If he didn't, then again, he's not fit to be in office in the first place. I think he knew exactly what he was doing, and used enough passive language to pass the blame, like he's done through his entire life, when shit goes down

The fact a cop died and others, any normal human being would step down right away, knowing their actions MAY of been the straw that broke the camels back

But he's a beta narcissistic sociopath, so of course he thinks it's someone's fault, and he's done nothing wrong

And thats back up by all the enablers behind him

I respect your opinion tho, because that's all it is, our opinions

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
This is the crowd trump sent to the Capitol .. just keep that in mind.

I hope you feel the same way about BLM and what happened this summer.

All these riots are a disgrace and anyone participating in violence and/or theft should be openly rebuked. That’s what I’ve seen from many in the mainstream right, but I sure as hell didn’t see it from the mainstream left last summer.

Dec 15, 2011
Blah blah blah.

“Their side is worse than my side.”
Curious, I made no reference to one thing being better than another. I repeated that both are manipulations. I made it clear that I prefer context to remain intact.

My point was to draw a distinction between the methods - and that the practice of conflating two distinct things is flawed.

The rest has come from you.

Sep 14, 2014
So is police taking selfies with rioters
I've only saw this towards the end of clearing the building. It's blown way out of proportion I think, but admittedly I'm only going off what I saw streamed at the time and this is the one that I've seen show up when they're talking about the selfies. It's just security being nice while someone waits for a chance to squeeze outside an exit.

Reactions: INCUBASE

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
Curious, I made no reference to one thing being better than another. I repeated that both are manipulations. I made it clear that I prefer context to remain intact.

My point was to draw a distinction between the methods - and that the practice of conflating two distinct things is flawed.

The rest has come from you.

You’re downplaying the manipulation of videos from Republican sources to imply that there’s more truth to those clips than the ones manipulated by Democrat sources. You know you’re doing it. I know you’re doing it. Everybody else knows you’re doing it.

Reactions: ArtemisClydeFrog

ShadowLag

Jun 4, 2013
This is where we disagree, I think he knows very well what he was doing, and he's been doing it for months, slowly but surely, everyone with half a brain could see this coming a mile away.

If he didn't, then again, he's not fit to be in office in the first place. I think he knew exactly what he was doing, and used enough passive language to pass the blame, like he's done through his entire life, when shit goes down

The fact a cop died and others, any normal human being would step down right away, knowing their actions MAY of been the straw that broke the camels back

But he's a beta narcissistic sociopath, so of course he thinks it's someone's fault, and he's done nothing wrong

And thats back up by all the enablers behind him

I respect your opinion tho, because that's all it is, our opinions
It all comes down to what each of us knows about the guy personally, which really isn't much. All we can know is what we've seen him say online or on TV, and everyone is unique in what content they've seen and their barometer for how to interpret it. I just know there are people out there that are in a position to alter and re-frame the words he speaks before they reach us, just like with everyone else we only get to view through a screen. You're totally right about the beta narc stuff, though.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: INCUBASE
Dec 15, 2011
You’re downplaying the manipulation of videos from Republican sources to imply that there’s more truth to those clips than the ones manipulated by Democrat sources. You know you’re doing it. I know you’re doing it. Everybody else knows you’re doing it.
I suggest you read what I wrote again.

Other people's leaps of logic are not my responsibility, no matter how much they would like to hold me accountable for them.

Cycom

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
Los Angeles, Commiefornia
Before anything, it goes without saying that I hope the vermin who murdered this guy meet a severe punishment as befits this act. I didn’t watch the video because it would likely make my blood boil but I assume it is difficulty to watch.

That said, some of the responses in the thread are downright pathetic, veering on pearl clutching. Especially coming from people who I thought would have more sense than to automatically lose their basic reasoning skills and go full OMB. Get a grip, people. Nobody caused the murder outside of the thugs themselves. No politician incited violence here.

Last edited:

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
The sentiment is neat, but we had lawyers, lawmakers, and various other individuals from all walks of life fly commercial, rent hotels in the DC area which are rather expensive, invade the capital, and fly back only to be fired from their jobs.

Seems like they destroyed their own livelihoods.
Mob mentality has absolved otherwise upstanding people of their sense of morality in the heat of the moment since the beginning of human history. My post was not a defense of there actions, just an explanation of how all those people felt they had the impunity to do it.

Remember that kid who threw the commercial firework at the cop, then got outed by his grandmother for wearing the sweater she knit him? I doubt that kid was a hardened terrorist who went to that protest with the intention of throwing explosives at police. However when you're there, the flashbangs and mace balls are going off, the line of police in riot gear are advancing, and some guy in blackblock gear hands you a lit firework you go along with the mob.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018

Outgoing Capitol Police chief: House, Senate security officials hamstrung efforts to call in National Guard - The Washington Post

Two days before Congress was set to formalize President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund was growing increasingly worried about the size of the pro-Trump crowds expected to stream into Washington in protest.

To be on the safe side, Sund asked House and Senate security officials for permission to request that the D.C. National Guard be placed on standby in case he needed quick backup.
But, Sund said Sunday, they turned him down.

They wanted security to be low, and the national guard not to be on standby. If things got out of hand they knew they'd have an excuse to drop the call for a ten day audit.

BTW some are claiming the break in at capitol started while Trump was still giving his speech, don't know if true, but if it is that too is suspect.

Last edited:

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
This is sick. These people should be prosecuted. I hope they feel remorse for what they’ve done. He’s just trying to to his job and it needlessly costs him his life.

Reactions: Zefah

sackings

Jul 22, 2020
anyone willing to treat a fellow human being like that should be condemned. that said....scorecard for this year Right (1):Left (30)

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
There were also people already inside the building handing out baseball bats to those outside, so window breaking could proceed. Not sure if they were rioters that had already infiltrated, or if they were there to begin with...
Geez. I hadn't seen this one. Reminiscent of the mysterious pallets of bricks that appeared ahead of BLM riots. EDIT: Ha, replied with this before I saw your subsequent post. Indeed.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2014
disgusting stuff. FBI will have a field day getting all these assholes on manslaughter charges with all these videos. hell, looking at these, I feel there should be a lot more of those domestic terrorism charges too. not all the people there are nut jobs and/or insurrectionist, but there sure were a lot more than 25 of them.

Reactions: ArtemisClydeFrog