• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Video Showing Officer Brian Sicknick Being Beaten to Death

Corrik

Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
You can be a Trump supporter and be a good person, but it is getting harder and harder as the days go on past this election to believe many of them are able to sort delusion from reality.

We have seen like 7 different dates now when Trump supposedly will take the election. 61 lawsuits thrown out for lack of merit or evidence. No credible proof shown for the election to have been rigged still. We have people to this day saying the establishment made him lose and are out to get him, while also not making sense as to why the establishment wouldn't have made him lose the first time then in that scenario. We have Trump supporters going out and buying generators because supposedly Trump is going to shut off the grid now. We have Trump supporters who rightfully bashed Antifa and BLM riots and crimes now justifying this riot and crimes as fine because they did it in 2017 or during their BLM ones. We have supporters who cried for four years that Democrats wouldn't accept the election, not unable to accept the election now not see the hypocrisy.

Like, at what point have you lost a sense of reality? The riot on Capitol Hill was a disgrace to the Republican party. It makes me ashamed to be a Republican. As it does many others we have seen so far. We were possibly seconds to minutes away from members of Congress dead or held hostage in our Capitol. Like, c'mon. I thought Trump ran a pretty good 4 years. I voted for Biden over him for reasons of my own, but I liked Trump's policies and what he tried to do. But, that is all gone. He will go down as the worst president in the United States and it is because of his own actions. All he had to do was tone down the rhetoric some, not keep stoking it with pointless rallies and addresses and sunset as a Republican hero. He ruined it all by being a sore loser.

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
Sorry but I can't watch that. Seen enough of that brutality in the GF riots and I can't take this anymore. All who were responsible in this senseless animalistic beating deserve to rot in prison. A true embarrassment for our nation. I can't imagine just going into work the next day thinking nothing of it and all of the sudden your are pulled in a violent mob being beaten by them. He was just doing his job.

Last edited:

INCUBASE

Jan 8, 2018
So reports dont give any info on this, or that he died, or who he is or his health status.

Texas Pride

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Texas
After a summer of calling for "defund the police" supporting riots & mayhem now Democrats care about cops. When they can use a dead one to further their political gains. Pieces of shit.

I remember when this man died with little fanfare from the disingenuous anti cop shit stains supporting the violence this summer. But he was Black and couldn't further a political agenda so he wasn't prop material.

"David Dorn: Retired St. Louis Police captain was killed after responding to a pawnshop alarm during looting - CNN" https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/03/us/david-dorn-st-louis-police-shot-trnd/index.html

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
After a summer of calling for "defund the police" supporting riots & mayhem now Democrats care about cops. When they can use a dead one to further their political gains. Pieces of shit.

I remember when this man died with little fanfare from the disingenuous anti cop shit stains supporting the violence this summer. But he was Black and couldn't further a political agenda so he wasn't prop material.

"David Dorn: Retired St. Louis Police captain was killed after responding to a pawnshop alarm during looting - CNN" https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/03/us/david-dorn-st-louis-police-shot-trnd/index.html

You've got to stop seeing everything as Dem v Repub. People aren't upset just because Trump supporters did this. People are upset because of the culmination of unrest & rioting. Neither party is innocent.

It's incredibly demotivating to not see any effective leadership at the state or federal level. America is certainly at a cross roads.

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019

I think it's gross to point at David Dorn's murder in a discussion about Brian Sicknick's - especially since it had nothing to do with the Capitol riot or the people responsible - to try to disingenuously make a vile point. I know this is what some posters do in every political thread they engage with (I hate the term, but call it whataboutism if you want), but I find it particularly distasteful in this case.

I'm guessing you don't actually speak to many(any) Democrats, read typical social media, or read valid sources of news, because Dorn's murder was roundly condemned. Mourners came by leaving flowers at the place of his death for days. His murder received plenty of attention.

• Fire
Reactions: e&e and ryan13ts

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
You've got to stop seeing everything as Dem v Repub. People aren't upset just because Trump supporters did this. People are upset because of the culmination of unrest & rioting. Neither party is innocent.

It's incredibly demotivating to not see any effective leadership at the state or federal level. America is certainly at a cross roads.
Honestly, I expected something like this because of the stimulus bill or constant lockdowns. Not Trump ranting about voter fraud. This is the kind of shit starving people do who blame poverty and famine on government. See french revolution for example.

sackings

Jul 22, 2020
Honestly, I expected something like this because of the stimulus bill or constant lockdowns. Not Trump ranting about voter fraud. This is the kind of shit starving people do who blame poverty and famine on government. See french revolution for example.
Eh, I think its a culmination of all the shit people have had to eat this year. In a normal year, would there still be riots? I dont think so....the whole BLM/ANTIFA thing only happened this year because its an election year. I think it would have remained peaceful and we wouldnt have these small handfuls of agitators.

Reactions: Dacon

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
That was fucking horrific. Jesus. Imagine his family seeing this.

Now we have ceded all ground to castigate the shit that went on last summer. I don’t care if that isn’t fair. It’s a fact. Fuck this whole thing was so stupid.

Last edited:
  • Empathy

Super Mario

Banned
Nov 12, 2016
Personally, I could care less about storming the capitol in itself. I'm not condoning it. You won't see me there, or at any protest. However, after the years of protesting for leftist causes, destroying cities, looting, and hurting/killing far more people, who's to say this one was the worst? What is bad is the violence. Beating that officer to death is beyond reprehensible. The angry mob mentality is a cancer. As are any of the other acts of violence.

There's little consistency anymore. Cops are bad unless they are enforcing your cause. Riots are wrong unless they are for your cause. The big difference though is that the media and narratives heavily favor anything left. Trump never said to kill and pillage. I can find a lot more Democratic leadership who has inspired much worse. I can find a lot more leftist riot violence. You can judge everyone on the right by a handful. You are never allowed to judge anyone on the left by their handfuls. Don't follow that load of shit that Trump is the one causing division.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Thats where I am at

I don't condone the capitol riot. It was disgusting and gross and what happened to this officer looks barbaric. These people crossed the line. It would have been very easy and simple to just stand outside and chant and waive flags.

But look at what the government has been doing. Look at Nancy playing chicken with 2K stimulus checks. And then she gets reelected as speaker and all the squad vote for her even though she killed medicare 4 all. And Mitch doesn't get off scott free on this either, even with Trump calling for 2K checks he still cock blocked it as much as he could. Both of em played with much needed money for Americans for months because Orange Man Bad. And in the end it was scraps anyways as they make sure there are trillions for the richest people in the world.

This doesn't even cover the tryranical and what are most likely illegal power grabs that we have been seeing.

The voter fraud was just the cherry on the shit sunday. Even if there was no fraud, big tech, wall street, and big media worked together to do their best to disenfranchise these people. Ads, groups, videos, posts, articles, you name it banned and scrubbed from the zeitgeist. I mean you had almost all of US companies get together and decide to stop making money on face book unless they banned Trump ads.

And then you had the summer of riots where the rioters actions were blamed on right wing people anyways.

So basically you have people who are on the threat of being cancelled, blamed for all of Corona and all of Riots via racism, and you have their government that are over reaching acting against the constitution, and working with all facets of society to shut them out. It was a powder keg that unfortunatly went off.

They will end up being arrested and facing harsh times, no one is going to take it easy on them. Pushing past those cops and into the capitol and starting a riot was a mistake even if the frustrations were there.

• Empathy
Reactions: Dacon and JayK47

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
I’m not American, but I can imagine my response if the UK or Australian parliament (I’m a disgusting half breed) was invaded the way the capitol was. Anyone who can condone or look the other way while the seat of their democracy is vandalised is an absolute cunt. This shit is important - especially in a world with so many autocratic dictatorships on the rise.

His actual post condemned what happened to the officer and the angry mob mentality. I’m not sure that I agree with calling him a traitor or the ban. The first sentence was a strong comment, but if you read the entire post, or even the few sentences following it I think the reaction to it was a bit harsh.

• Empathy

CrankyJay™

Oct 25, 2017
Authorities are gunning hard for the guy who threw the fire extinguisher now. It’s only a matter of time until he’s identified. Twitter thinks they have their man but I won’t share that until it’s official from the feds.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
Personally, I could care less about storming the capitol in itself. I'm not condoning it. You won't see me there, or at any protest. However, after the years of protesting for leftist causes, destroying cities, looting, and hurting/killing far more people, who's to say this one was the worst? What is bad is the violence. Beating that officer to death is beyond reprehensible. The angry mob mentality is a cancer. As are any of the other acts of violence.

There's little consistency anymore. Cops are bad unless they are enforcing your cause. Riots are wrong unless they are for your cause. The big difference though is that the media and narratives heavily favor anything left. Trump never said to kill and pillage. I can find a lot more Democratic leadership who has inspired much worse. I can find a lot more leftist riot violence. You can judge everyone on the right by a handful. You are never allowed to judge anyone on the left by their handfuls. Don't follow that load of shit that Trump is the one causing division.

EviLore EviLore Can you help me understand which part of this post is a position that can't be tolerated here anymore and was worthy of a perm?

Ten_Fold

Jan 18, 2017
The problem with these Riots is the loss of life. That officer did not need to die, just like Floyd, this is when things go too far. I don’t support anyone who takes another humans life that didn’t deserve to die. I know moderate conservative that isn’t bad, but this far-right is just too wild. R.I.P

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
Authorities are gunning hard for the guy who threw the fire extinguisher now. It’s only a matter of time until he’s identified. Twitter thinks they have their man but I won’t share that until it’s official from the feds.
If there is an update, I would appreciate the post :messenger_ok: hope the scumbag gets found and tried

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Texas

Democrats ushered in the "us" vs them mentality. It's not going away and Republicans are tired of playing by the rules while Democrats and their sycophants do whatever the fuck they want with little to no repercussions. People are absolutely treating Trump supporters different than the rioters who did whatever the fuck they wanted all summer while Democrats laughed. There will be no unity and the lines in the sand have been drawn.

• Strength
Reactions: MetalAlien

Texas Pride

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Texas
I think it's gross to point at David Dorn's murder in a discussion about Brian Sicknick's - especially since it had nothing to do with the Capitol riot or the people responsible - to try to disingenuously make a vile point. I know this is what some posters do in every political thread they engage with (I hate the term, but call it whataboutism if you want), but I find it particularly distasteful in this case.

I'm guessing you don't actually speak to many(any) Democrats, read typical social media, or read valid sources of news, because Dorn's murder was roundly condemned. Mourners came by leaving flowers at the place of his death for days. His murder received plenty of attention.

Democrats preached and railed against cops all summer wanting the police defunded. Some died and the Left didn't give a shit. You still don't other than the fact this one furthers a political agenda. You find it distasteful to compare the two and I find it distasteful to use this man's dead body to further attack the Right. There was also an unarmed woman a military veteran shot and killed. Where's the protests and rioting for her? What happened in the capitol was ONE DAY. What the Democrats and their scumbag constituent's did was ALL SUMMER and nobody is buying it's different because it happened in DC. The Democrats ARE anti police and that stance hasn't changed so spare me.

• Strength

Marlenus

Jul 29, 2013
UK
However, there is a distinction to be made between editing multiple clips together into a compilation, and the practice of editing out something that was

Clip compilations can easily be edited to remove context from each clip to give a false narrative for the whole piece.

Infact you can edit something, not remove any information but change the order and create a whole new narrative. The re-edit of Keir Starmers Brexit interview during the 2019 election is an example that springs to mind.

Anytime something is edited you need to question what was cut. Sometimes things get edited for brevity or to highlight a specific point but often the edits are to play down something or to exaggerate something.

Dec 15, 2011
Clip compilations can easily be edited to remove context from each clip to give a false narrative for the whole piece.

Infact you can edit something, not remove any information but change the order and create a whole new narrative. The re-edit of Keir Starmers Brexit interview during the 2019 election is an example that springs to mind.

Anytime something is edited you need to question what was cut. Sometimes things get edited for brevity or to highlight a specific point but often the edits are to play down something or to exaggerate something.
Indeed.

But, in the examples used in this thread, one simply ensured pivotal information was removed.

Hence the distinction and the fallacy of conflation.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA
Democrats ushered in the "us" vs them mentality. It's not going away and Republicans are tired of playing by the rules while Democrats and their sycophants do whatever the fuck they want with little to no repercussions. People are absolutely treating Trump supporters different than the rioters who did whatever the fuck they wanted all summer while Democrats laughed. There will be no unity and the lines in the sand have been drawn.

I don't think who started it first matters anymore. We're eternally in a Palestine v Israel fight at this point.

Reactions: DeafTourette
Sep 26, 2011
A grown-ass person: "But he started it first!"

Not a great excuse for anything.

Last edited:

Madevil

Sep 6, 2019
Mob mentality has absolved otherwise upstanding people of their sense of morality in the heat of the moment since the beginning of human history. My post was not a defense of there actions, just an explanation of how all those people felt they had the impunity to do it.

Remember that kid who threw the commercial firework at the cop, then got outed by his grandmother for wearing the sweater she knit him? I doubt that kid was a hardened terrorist who went to that protest with the intention of throwing explosives at police. However when you're there, the flashbangs and mace balls are going off, the line of police in riot gear are advancing, and some guy in blackblock gear hands you a lit firework you go along with the mob.
Excellent point dude. And this goes for whatever side. People are getting too caught up in tribal absolutes now. Everyone has to realise that getting caught up in mob rule isn't a new thing at all.

Reactions: Phunkydiabetic

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
Mob mentality has absolved otherwise upstanding people of their sense of morality in the heat of the moment since the beginning of human history. My post was not a defense of there actions, just an explanation of how all those people felt they had the impunity to do it.

Remember that kid who threw the commercial firework at the cop, then got outed by his grandmother for wearing the sweater she knit him? I doubt that kid was a hardened terrorist who went to that protest with the intention of throwing explosives at police. However when you're there, the flashbangs and mace balls are going off, the line of police in riot gear are advancing, and some guy in blackblock gear hands you a lit firework you go along with the mob.

for some people, it was proven they went in with seditious intent (based off of their social media posts or even their attire), for others, I believe they got "caught up in the moment". Not everyone who broke into the capitol was a hardened criminal, but they did all commit crimes. Just because you got caught up in the moment doesn't mean you're absolved of your crimes. I know you aren't arguing that, but people need to take personal accountability for their actions. That kid who lit the firework may have a lesser sentence compared to someone who had a prior record, but why did he have a commercial firework to begin with? Seems like intent because I doubt this guy was going to light off a firework to celebrate Biden's confirmation.

Reactions: DeafTourette

Texas Pride

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Texas
I don't think who started it first matters anymore. We're eternally in a Palestine v Israel fight at this point.

It matters. Facts DO matter. These are the rules the Democrats setup. They wanted us against one another and they got it.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
You sound fairly radicalized, with a delusional framing of context and justifications.

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
Democrats preached and railed against cops all summer wanting the police defunded. Some died and the Left didn't give a shit. You still don't other than the fact this one furthers a political agenda. You find it distasteful to compare the two and I find it distasteful to use this man's dead body to further attack the Right. There was also an unarmed woman a military veteran shot and killed. Where's the protests and rioting for her? What happened in the capitol was ONE DAY. What the Democrats and their scumbag constituent's did was ALL SUMMER and nobody is buying it's different because it happened in DC. The Democrats ARE anti police and that stance hasn't changed so spare me.

• I didn't attempt to discuss the anti-police protests or their goals, so I not sure why you made that non sequitur

• "You still don't other than the fact this one furthers a political agenda". You find it distasteful to compare the two and I find it distasteful to use this man's dead body to further attack the Right. - You're telling me how I think now? Telling me that I am an awful enough person to think such a thing? You honestly need to calm down. I also clearly did not "attack the right"

• "There was also an unarmed woman a military veteran shot and killed. Where's the protests and rioting for her? " - You should probably read about the circumstances of that insurrectionist's shooting. I think the entire episode was tragic and my heart goes out to her children now left without a mother, but she was at fault

• We can argue which political party is more for or against law enforcement as a whole, but I feel like that would be an exercise in futility given how nuanced the subject is (to be brief: I think that the politicians of both parties are overwhelmingly pro law enforcement). After what we saw on January 6th, I am no longer sure about the constituents of either party, though

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA

Texas Pride

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Texas
  • I didn't attempt to discuss the anti-police protests or their goals, so I not sure why you made that non sequitur

• "You still don't other than the fact this one furthers a political agenda". You find it distasteful to compare the two and I find it distasteful to use this man's dead body to further attack the Right. - You're telling me how I think now? Telling me that I am an awful enough person to think such a thing? You honestly need to calm down. I also clearly did not "attack the right"

• "There was also an unarmed woman a military veteran shot and killed. Where's the protests and rioting for her? " - You should probably read about the circumstances of that insurrectionist's shooting. I think the entire episode was tragic and my heart goes out to her children now left without a mother, but she was at fault

• We can argue which political party is more for or against law enforcement as a whole, but I feel like that would be an exercise in futility given how nuanced the subject is (to be brief: I think that the politicians of both parties are overwhelmingly pro law enforcement). After what we saw on January 6th, I am no longer sure about the constituents of either party, though

I don't believe it's an argument at all. The Democrats are anti cop that's a fact. And it's funny you call her and "insurrectionist" and it's her fault she's dead when I'm fairly sure you'd have a different take if it was a crack head of a different color being killed while attacking police. I believe you're disingenuous. You're a hypocrite. And there's no middle ground for us to find here. We're both wasting our time engaging.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Dont worry, its going to come out he made the OK sign, voted for Trump, and once looked at black girl the wrong way. Then the left can go back to hating the cops again and stop pretending to care about this tragedy.

Oct 26, 2018
Like, at what point have you lost a sense of reality? The riot on Capitol Hill was a disgrace to the Republican party. It makes me ashamed to be a Republican.
Why does it make you ashamed?

When it comes to stupidity in society, just let it be and don't pin yourself to it just because you have a link somehow (republican).

I vote repub too (PC in Canada) even though I'm more in the middle (low taxes, less gov, less handouts, but also pro choice, anti-gun, don't care about religion).

If a bunch of blue shirts in Canada did that (colours reversed here), why would I associate with that? Just forget about it. Does the average moderate liberal associate with Antifa and BLM mobbing and smacking people in the back of the head where they feel bad like they did it? I don't think so.

If my coworker beside me in the same department ends up getting arrested tomorrow for embezzling money, why should I be ashamed to work in finance? I didn't do it. And that is as close of a relation as you can get as I know the person, work with the person and even do the same job at the same company. No doubt a dumb situation, but his crime is on him, not me.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Dont worry, its going to come out he made the OK sign, voted for Trump, and once looked at black girl the wrong way. Then the left can go back to hating the cops again and stop pretending to care about this tragedy.

The depths of their hypocrisy,ignorance and lack of perspective is truly a thing to behold. What happened was tragic. If this couldn't be used for political gain they wouldn't care.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec

1:47 timestamp, his interview's less than two mins long:

"They don't care. They think we're a joke. $2,000 checks was a joke to them. You know there's people filming us, laughing at us as we're marching down the street. At the Department of Justice there was a man in a window laughing at us, filming us. And here it was a joke to them until we got inside and all of a sudden guns came out. But, I mean, we're at a point now it can't be allowed to stand. We have to do something. People have to do something because this could be you or your kids."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

CrankyJay™

Oct 25, 2017
1:47 timestamp, his interview's less than two mins long:

"They don't care. They think we're a joke. $2,000 checks was a joke to them. You know there's people filming us, laughing at us as we're marching down the street. At the Department of Justice there was a man in a window laughing at us, filming us. And here it was a joke to them until we got inside and all of a sudden guns came out. But, I mean, we're at a point now it can't be allowed to stand. We have to do something. People have to do something because this could be you or your kids."
I do agree with him on one thing: they [politicians] don’t represent anyone.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Well the only point in even being here is to talk to people, not all these exaggerated statements about how half the country are enemies and you're drawing lines in the sand.

Half the country hates the other. Again the Democrats ushered this in. This is their rules so fuck it we'll play by their rules. People like you aren't worth engaging imo.

You have issues.

Shit like this is WHY you're not worth engaging. You result to insults while lecturing me about unity. I call it like I see it instead of acting like there's some middle ground to be found with no real intent on compromise. You think I'm unhinged because you lack the courage to face the reality of where we're at as a country. You think you're part of the solution when you're half the problem.

• Strength
Sep 26, 2011
"Grown ass person" You lecture me on being childish with the inability to use proper English. Fuck out of here.
*person with degree in English Literature*: You're still being childish, bro.
But please, tell me more about proper usage of the English language and whether that should have any bearing on the truth of being childish.
If a child tells you that you're being childish, if they use improper English, does that make it any less true?

Do you criticize Shakepeare for his grammar rule bends, or do you just see the truth in what he's saying and the creativity on display?

*waits for "Fuck out of here."*

psorcerer

Banned
May 1, 2012
PLEASE LOCK IF OLD

I’m really ashamed I considered voting for this piece of shit out of an irrational fear of socialism from the Biden admin. Didn’t do it but holy shit this is just sickening. Don’t give me whataboutisms from Antifa: black, brown purple, left or right I cannot understand mob violence especially against a group I was raised to respect: officers of the law. This is just as bad as the Ahmed Arbury and George Floyd videos. Seriously WTF mobs of any stripe are fucking animals.

Looks like none of this is true.
1. Police never stated cause if death.
2. Fire extinguisher attack was never corroborated by any evidence.
3. Who is assaulted on that video is unknown.
4. Officer's relatives beg not to politicize his death.