• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

[VIDEO] Trump: "My [Jan6] speech was appropriate, has been analyzed" "Big Tech is causing a lot of problems and a lot of danger"

Aug 24, 2016
This is before he went on the plane to where he is heading now, Alamo texas, and ignore the democrats and advocates who are too dumb to realize that's not "the" Alamo. Also Kevin Mccarthy thrown under bus, JORMBO JORMBO .

Short, but shows that nothing has changed since Jan 6th. Doesn't believe he did anything wrong with his speech on January 6th and claims people back that. He then moves on to the subject of big tech and how they are creating danger, and have made a huge mistake with how they have handled things.

MastaKiiLA

Jun 11, 2020
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

ZippyTheOtter

Banned
Aug 29, 2020
Anyone got a cut that gets to the important parts/actual speech? It's 26min and starts with noise and an empty plain staircase.

Aug 24, 2016
Anyone got a cut that gets to the important parts/actual speech? It's 26min and starts with noise and an empty plain staircase.

I don't get this, are you to lazy to skip ahead in the video by moving your mouse on the play bar lol?

If you're on Youtube that's even lazier since you can preview the image of the playback time as you hover over the bar lol. It's only like 2-3 minutes long. Just ignore the planes and walking.

ZippyTheOtter

Banned
Aug 29, 2020
Starts at 7.39
Thank you!
I don't get this, are you to lazy to skip ahead in the video by moving your mouse on the play bar lol?

If you're on Youtube that's even lazier since you can preview the image of the playback time as you hover over the bar lol. It's only like 2-3 minutes long. Just ignore the planes and walking.
26m video, 2m was Trump. That was my point. 24 minutes of plane video

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dis

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
I agree with your analysis, which is why he should be removed from office ASAP.
You agree he should be removed from office because you're vehemently anti-Trump. You've probably wanted him removed from office every day over the last 4 years.

The proof that there was nothing wrong with the speech is that nobody read or saw or reported on it as an incitement to storm the Capitol until... people stormed the Capitol.

As for Big Tech being dangerous for democracy, he coulnd not be more right. If you're more afraid of a hundred unarmed weirdos in the Capitol than you are of Zuckerberg, "Jack" and the rest banning people, destroying competitors and suppressing stories, then the next few years will be an eye-opener for you.

Kerlurk

May 1, 2020
Donald Trump Speech “Save America” Rally Transcript January 6
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-speech-save-america-rally-transcript-january-6

Note: I read that whole speech, and not even one word, or phrase advocating violence of any kind.

I challenge anyone here to read his speech, and show me where he incited the crowd to violence.

Quote from his speech:

"We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Trump:
- no laws broken.
- not a single quote advocating violence
- being held guilty by association, of which are legal system does not convict on
- said in his speech to protest "peacefully" at the capital
- has had a platform of law and order for last four years
- has condemned those who broke the law and said they be held accountable
- has no history of inciting a mob

Democrats muted response to:
- 2018 Women’s March occupying Senate building
- AOC’s protest inside Pelosi’s office leading to 51 arrests
- Kavanaugh protesters storm the Supreme Court
- 2020 BLM attempted siege of White House, many officers injured
- 100 day Portland Federal building siege

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
You agree he should be removed from office because you're vehemently anti-Trump. You've probably wanted him removed from office every day over the last 4 years.

Yes, he has been demonstrably unfit for office since before he took office. However, removal at this point might seem pointless if he's just going to sulk and do nothing for the next 8 days. Instead, he's showing lack of remorse, an abundance of excuses, and zero accountability for what he did wrong. There are ongoing threats of terrorism from his followers he could probably put an end to if he just offered up a full, unequivocal denouncement of it. But he won't. Everything is couched in bullshit like calling them patriots and saying "we love you," but don't do that. But we love you and you're patriots and not wrong. But don't do that. wink wink.

It's incredibly dangerous and that anyone could defend it is mind blowing.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Oct 25, 2017
'If you read my speech - and many people have done it and I've seen it both in the papers and in the media, on television, it is been analyzed - and people thought that what I said was totally appropriate, 'They've analyzed my speech and my words and my final paragraph, my final sentence and everybody to a tee thought it was totally appropriate,'

"Everybody to a tee thought it was totally appropriate"

"Everybody"

This is literally telling people water isn't wet territory. All those people that don't agree, all this shit going on - not real. Trump says they all agree his speech was appropriate. Everybody agrees.

He'll just keep inventing lies and false narratives and spitting 'em out... and sadly there's some who are so deeply invested and/or lack the critical thought to even question a lie as bold, blatant and completely contrary to current events as that.

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
Yes, he has been demonstrably unfit for office since before he took office. However, removal at this point might seem pointless if he's just going to sulk and do nothing for the next 8 days. Instead, he's showing lack of remorse, an abundance of excuses, and zero accountability for what he did wrong. There are ongoing threats of terrorism from his followers he could probably put an end to if he just offered up a full, unequivocal denouncement of it. But he won't. Everything is couched in bullshit like calling them patriots and saying "we love you," but don't do that. But we love you and you're patriots and not wrong. But don't do that. wink wink.

It's incredibly dangerous and that anyone could defend it is mind blowing.
I defend it, because he's right. You want him to bend the knee, it's as simple as that. You're like the executioner at the stake asking Joan of Arc to admit to the crowd she never actually heard a message from God.

Reactions: BigStef71

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Last week I said the elites seemed determined to make him a martyr. After this weekend when big tech started purging wrong think, I said its now looking like they want to make him into other people's champion. Why they are so determined to prop him up is beyond me, but that is what they are doing. This makes no sense at all.

Seriously Democrats, please stop the nonsense. There are millions of people who disagree with your platform and who would prefer to vote for a new candidate in 2024. Please don't force them into choosing between Trump and your candidate. Let go of him so that he can ride off into the sunset and be forgotten.

Reactions: Dacon

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
I defend it, because he's right. You want him to bend the knee, it's as simple as that. You're like the executioner at the stake asking Joan of Arc to admit to the crowd she never actually heard a message from God.
Following the law of the land and allowing a peaceful transition of power after a certified election is not asking anyone to bend the knee, it's called being American.

Umbral

May 7, 2020
I agree with your analysis, which is why he should be removed from office ASAP.
Do you want more violence, because that’s how you get more violence?

He’s out shortly. I know you’ve been blue-balled and holding this nut for 4+ years, but a few more days and you’ll have sweet release. There’s no need to risk more people getting hurt because you want to bust one.

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
Do you want more violence, because that’s how you get more violence?

He’s out shortly. I know you’ve been blue-balled and holding this nut for 4+ years, but a few more days and you’ll have sweet release. There’s no need to risk more people getting hurt because you want to bust one.

Alternate take: it squashes any fantasies that Trump will remain in office after January 20 and people go home. But if you're right, and I had a magic crystal ball that would tell me which the safer bet is to avoid further violence, I'd absolutely go with that over my sweet release.

Reactions: Umbral
Aug 24, 2016
'If you read my speech - and many people have done it and I've seen it both in the papers and in the media, on television, it is been analyzed - and people thought that what I said was totally appropriate, 'They've analyzed my speech and my words and my final paragraph, my final sentence and everybody to a tee thought it was totally appropriate,'

"Everybody to a tee thought it was totally appropriate"

"Everybody"

This is literally telling people water isn't wet territory. All those people that don't agree, all this shit going on - not real. Trump says they all agree his speech was appropriate. Everybody agrees.

He'll just keep inventing lies and false narratives and spitting 'em out... and sadly there's some who are so deeply invested and/or lack the critical thought to even question a lie as bold, blatant and completely contrary to current events as that.

This is one of the crazier strawmans I've seen in awhile,

tillbot8

Banned
Aug 4, 2020
Donald Trump Speech “Save America” Rally Transcript January 6
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-speech-save-america-rally-transcript-january-6

Note: I read that whole speech, and not even one word, or phrase advocating violence of any kind.

I challenge anyone here to read his speech, and show me where he incited the crowd to violence.

Quote from his speech:

"We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Trump:
- no laws broken.
- not a single quote advocating violence
- being held guilty by association, of which are legal system does not convict on
- said in his speech to protest "peacefully" at the capital
- has had a platform of law and order for last four years
- has condemned those who broke the law and said they be held accountable

Doesn't matter, the MSM have already updated the firmware into the NPC's to override actual reality.

I am shocked by some who I thought were pretty objective being roped into this open, transparent and baseless lie. I already called one the usuals in here out on it the other day and got them to finaly admit that they 'feel' it's what he meant. Then went straight back to saying it's what he said a few msgs later to someone else. They are gone. I've said it before they NEED Trump to be a tyrant. Otherwise they know how much of their time they have wasted reeeeeing the past 4 years and have to come to grips with how pathetic they are.

CGiRanger

Jun 23, 2017
Doesn't matter, the MSM have already updated the firmware into the NPC's to override actual reality.

I am shocked by some who I thought were pretty objective being roped into this open, transparent and baseless lie. I already called one the usuals in here out on it the other day and got them to finaly admit that they 'feel' it's what he meant. Then went straight back to saying it's what he said a few msgs later to someone else. They are gone. I've said it before they NEED Trump to be a tyrant. Otherwise they know how much of their time they have wasted reeeeeing the past 4 years and have to come to grips with how pathetic they are.
It's also funny because on the other hand some of them happily say "Trump will Vanish after Jan 20" (or something like fade into obscurity to the delight of all)

No he won't. If only because they'll never let him go. "But Trump" will be brought up every time this new administration is criticized as a reflex, or to explain any further 2020-like declines.

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
Following the law of the land and allowing a peaceful transition of power after a certified election is not asking anyone to bend the knee, it's called being American.
He's not broken any law and has said weeks ago -- which you must know since you spend as much time here as I do -- that he would relinquish the office after the EC vote was certified. He just hoped that it could be stopped somehow, with his last hope being that on Jan. 6, the VP and Senators would reject the certification, hence the protest.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019

It doesn’t matter what he said or didn’t say. He’s the President. He held a rally in front of the Capital where he told 100s of thousands of people that inside the Capital they were stealing the election. Now whether you believe that or not really doesn’t matter. But the people at that rally believed him. And they decided to wreck the Capital and a few people got killed, including a cop who was beaten to death by a mob.

Now I don’t think he wanted his supporters to behave that way. But if I am the leader of a group and that group decides to go on a fucking rampage after I give a speech, I fucked up somewhere along the line.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain

Dude, the politics board has been restarted into a new direction. Why you gotta go and insult those who don't agree with you and call them NPCs? Are we supposed now to call the Trump loyalists now "The trump ballwashers" or something like that? Let's have respect for each other.

CrankyJay™

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, the politics board has been restarted into a new direction. Why you gotta go and insult those who don't agree with you and call them NPCs? Are we supposed now to call the Trump loyalists now "The trump ballwashers" or something like that? Let's have respect for each other.

Hey, I got called a weasel and a beta cuck yesterday, lol

• Empathy
Reactions: Bitmap Frogs

tillbot8

Banned
Aug 4, 2020
Might want to direct that holier then thou moralising at team blue too, I happily wait to see you reprimand the next person who has insulted Trump supporters, oh I actually can count a few on this very thread....off you go.

Warnen

Can he swing from a thread? Take a look overhead / Hey, there, there goes the Spider-Man
Sep 24, 2005
Sea lab
Big tech and the media is after him now, the law isn’t far behind. Every time you point a finger 3 point back at ya.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain
Might want to direct that holier then thou moralising at team blue too, I happily wait to see you reprimand the next person who has insulted Trump supporters, oh I actually can count a few on this very thread....off you go.

Sure, point at them - examples in which people who support the president, as a group, are labeled with an insult. In this very thread.

I count one.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Trump is an idiot and is finished, he is right about big tech though. Germany at least sees it is not a good idea to hand such power over to Silicon Valley CEOs.

Sparhavoc

Sep 4, 2020
I agree he did nothing wrong. Is biden responsible for the nutters on the left killing people in Portland? The same is applied here. The only ones responsible are those that stormed the capitol and killed the police officer.

The only difference is that the MSM and politicians have controlled the narrative to tarnish Trump. I find it absolutely laughable that the ones that laughed at David Dorn's death are sat on Twitter right now using the police officer that died at the capitol all in the name to direct their hate on Trump supporters.

You dont utterly destroy a movement and place blame on its leader for the nutters. You treat everyone with the same law and apply it equally.

Udham

Mar 3, 2011
President

You are entitled to have this opinion, but the President (Head of the state) and the ruling Party have much bigger responsivities in the Democracies. They are trusted to keep rule of the law in force, cannot behave like fringe groups.

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
My Lord, Trump has to be one of the most unintelligent presidents this country has ever had.

Trump isn't stupid, he's just not mentally/morally fit to be President

One Trump advisor told The Times that Trump "did not like most aspects of his job, and that included being asked questions for which he did not know the answers."

Last edited:

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
I agree he did nothing wrong. Is biden responsible for the nutters on the left killing people in Portland? The same is applied here. The only ones responsible are those that stormed the capitol and killed the police officer.

The only difference is that the MSM and politicians have controlled the narrative to tarnish Trump. I find it absolutely laughable that the ones that laughed at David Dorn's death are sat on Twitter right now using the police officer that died at the capitol all in the name to direct their hate on Trump supporters.

You dont utterly destroy a movement and place blame on its leader for the nutters. You treat everyone with the same law and apply it equally.
If Joe Biden stood in front of the Portland court house and said something like “inside, right now, they are stealing the future of innocent black people”, then yes, he would bare some responsibility for what followed.

What Biden bares responsibility for with regards to the riots in the summer is his cowardice. He didn’t tell those people to riot, but have gave halfhearted justifications and nothing else right up until his poll numbers took a hit.

Trump needs to own up to his part in this. I liked that he doesn’t back down. But when you fuck up, you have to own it. His inability to do that has always been a character flaw. This was an obvious fuck up. He supporters trashed the Capital Building. They beat a man to death. Literally after he gave them a speech that riled them up. He didn’t tell them to do it. But he struck a match that started a forest fire.

Reactions: BadBurger

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
I don't think Trump will be able to weasel out of this one like he has his entire life. The piper is now demanding payment.

Sparhavoc

Sep 4, 2020
President

You are entitled to have this opinion, but the President (Head of the state) and the ruling Party have much bigger responsivities in the Democracies. They are trusted to keep rule of the law in force, cannot behave like fringe groups.
We will see how the next four years go.

WellSheet

Jul 6, 2020
It’s always amusing to me how blindly arrogant people are in their viewpoint. Political discourse has lost the actual back and forth; the agree to disagree-ness of it all.

so many of you get on your soapboxes here on this little, tiny corner of the internet and proclaim “my VIEWPOINT IS NOT MINE ALONE, ITS OBJECTIVE FACT”...we’ll never get anywhere (again or ever) with that type of arrogance.

let’s blame Trump for that while we’re at it, since it’s easy to do just that.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain
That took 5 seconds, there is one page on this thread so far. I'm very suspicious of your motives btw

So that's one, not several like you claimed. The same one I found.

And what's your motive at implying those who don't support the pres are mindless robots? See?

I just hope we can be a good place for bipartisan discussion. We can disagree with each other but we can respect each other.